What's your parent's opinion on your sneaker addiction?

my dad can't stand it, and thinks it's the stupidest obsession in the world.

my mom was like that in the beginning but now she just puts up with it cause it's my money and i can do what i want with it.

They don't say nothing. Its my $, I work for it and help around the house when needed.
So they don't say much.

So, from what I read, NTers don't collect shoes?? I think I'm on the wrong forum then
wink.gif

I'm 21 and working to buy kicks and my parents tell me to chill out cause they see shoe deliveries to the house every month or so. It does make me a bitself conscious of my spending habits especially since i bought mad kobes this past year. I'll def chill out with buying lots of the same shoe and start tosave my money.
ohwell.gif

Pops thinks more then 2 pair is too many, but I don't stay with him so to hell with what he thinks. Moms doesn't like it but doesn't complain toomuch.

They hated it.

Pops told me no more, i would order shoes and have them sent to my boys house lol.

Happen around the time the blk/red 12s retros came out back in 2003, my senior year.

She doesn't like it, but she can't do anything about it. Besides, it's not like I'm buying them and not wearing them.

My parents complain, but I don't think they dislike it.

" You already have alot of sneakers, why you need anotha one?"

laugh.gif

I''m 18 and have about 20 pairs and they say I have too many. Starting during summer I don't mention getting new sneakers so they have gotten offmy back about, but only because they don't know I'm buying more pairs.

Originally Posted by StonedFace

Originally Posted by eaalto

It is a waste of money. If you're buying shoes to resell, you're buying shoes for the wrong reason. You take away from people who genuinely want the shoes, and try to squeeze a profit out of it. That's greed if you ask me. If I had listened to my parent's sage advice when I was 19, I wouldn't have wasted thousands of dollars on shoes. Now I have 70 pairs of shoes that just sit in a closet in their boxes, that rarely ever get worn. I'd be happy to sell them for what I paid for them, but that's unlikely. If you're only 14, take your parents advice, you can get out of the game while you're still ahead. STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON SHOES.

I agree and understand your statement about greed, and I think should only be applied to the people that cop multiple multiple pairs of shoes on a release date clearing out all sizes and +*+@ only to try and resell at +$50 a pop on top of what they paid. I sniped a pair of Spacejams for 180 shipped a while ago on ebay, and resold it for $290 meetup about a month later.. greed? No. Just being business smart and taking advantage.

What were your intentions for the shoes when you first purchased them? To turn a profit? I bought 3 pairs of Infrared AM90s when the HOA Pack came out in 2005.My intention was to have enough pairs to last me for along time. I wore them gingerly, because I wanted them to last, and then I started seeing the resaleprices climb and climb so I said what the hell and sold them. I paid $80 in 2005, and sold them for $250 about a year or two later. It was never my originalintention, but plans change and I had something that was worth more to me in someone else's hands. I lacked foresight when I bought shoes, because Iseriously just bought them so I would never run out. I had 3 AM90 Infrared, 3 AM90 DQM, 3 Air Burst Slim Shady, 2 AM 90 Python, the whole Crepe pack, Limes,Safaris, etc. I sold ALL of them. I never thought I would when I first started, but it happened. I made a little money off those sales, but it did not cover mylosses on all of the other crap I bought.

Originally Posted by eaalto

It is a waste of money. If you're buying shoes to resell, you're buying shoes for the wrong reason. You take away from people who genuinely want the shoes, and try to squeeze a profit out of it. That's greed if you ask me. If I had listened to my parent's sage advice when I was 19, I wouldn't have wasted thousands of dollars on shoes. Now I have 70 pairs of shoes that just sit in a closet in their boxes, that rarely ever get worn. I'd be happy to sell them for what I paid for them, but that's unlikely. If you're only 14, take your parents advice, you can get out of the game while you're still ahead. STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON SHOES.

I love being in the game. I love keeping intouch with the new releases, Having a fun *** time hunting the heat down.....

Originally Posted by IAlreadyGotThose

I love being in the game. I love keeping intouch with the new releases, Having a fun *** time hunting the heat down.....
I think they are disappointed that they raised a simp

I did too, but trust me, once you grow up you start to appreciate other things more. I sooner would have not wasted thousands on shoes, and just bought a Rolexor something comparable that would have lasted me a lifetime, AND held it's value.

This is what I tell my parents..... I work hard for my money and I rather spend my money on shoes than buying Drugs! Parents reaction. "Quiet".......

When i was crazy into it, they didn't like it but it was my money so they really couldn't tell me what to do. Now that I'm grown, I kinda see wherethey were coming from so I decided to put a stop to it. Sold a lot of mine and now I have about 10 pairs in rotation. Trying to trim it down to 5 that I reallylike and keep it at that.

My mom trips, but she doesnt get too serious about it. I did kinda mess up and worked up some debt on this credit card, but its not TOO OD.
I can't see myself gettin out the game, though.. Its been a passion of mine since I was little. I don't buy them to impress other people, every shoe Iget, means something to me..

They're cool with it. I won't lie though, they were happy when my collection shrunk from 60 pairs to what it is now - 15 pairs.

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

This is what I tell my parents..... I work hard for my money and I rather spend my money on shoes than buying Drugs! Parents reaction. "Quiet".......

i never got this...like your parents are suppose to be ok with you spending hundreds of dollars just cuz its not drugs...%#+@ would't fly with my parents

Back
Top Bottom