When 2 say when

Originally Posted by clkru

Ever since I picked up the retro XII wht/reds, I've felt like my interest in the shoe world has diminished significantly. Like, acquiring a high quality release that also happens to be my fav J of all time has kinda killed my drive, almost as if every other shoe was just a place-holder for it...

Oh, and the Haiti thing has me second guessing every single purchase, from food and water to clothing and music. There's a voice in the back of my head that says, more loudly than ever before, "do you really need to be buying this?"... just can't get the images of all those suffering people out of my head...

I dunno, I still appreciate shoes, but have less desire than ever before to actually acquire any more kicks...

This. Only interested in a handful of pairs from this point on.

I bought my first J's in 1985 , bought straight through til Jordan VI, then couldn't afford any during my lean college years. I started buying again about 5 years ago. I'm 38 and still wear Jordans, even to work.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jordanman2006

I just turned 33. I only rock the classics....3's, 4's, 5's and 6's..they were the shoes when i was in middle school/ freshman in high school...they are timeless to me...

At one point i had all 23 jays and multiple pairs..just went through and sold bout 50 pairs on ebay..jordans nikes and lebrons, etc. took the money and bought myself a Yamaha VStar classic motorcycle. You want different things at different points in life.

i was like many of you on this board..had all the pairs in boxes and was satisfied..but then i saw that i was depriving myself of things i wanted cause i had so many damn shoes. I couldn't make more money to get some of the things I wanted and still save, so I had to let some heat go. Sold my 2000 space jams and got me the Ipod 160 i always wanted. Sold the infrared 95's, Grapes, Kobe 2s, Tour IV's, XX Stealths, Military IV's, Cardinal VII's, XII Playoffs, Last Shot XIV, Cool Grey IX, and got me a bomb Pioneer car system with dvd, navigation, blu tooth and a box with 2 10' subs and 2 alpine amps, all for around $2000. Don't regret that at all. They were all shoes I bought but would never wear. What was the point in keeping them?

Each month i would sell off a few pairs of shoes and buy stuff i wanted. I hadn't realized how much i had spent on jays..and to an extent how much they had appreciated in value over 3-4 years. It was easeir to sell when you made a little cash on your hobby. Even some of the pairs I wore I sold for what I paid..so I was happy I got some use out of them for free.

I took off the last 2 years basically because i wasn't into the CDP when i had most of them already, and the fusion stuff i hated..although i did get the cool grey spizikes.

So now all i rock are the 2001 silver 1's, Bred strap 1's, the 2009 true blue III's, white/bl/red v's, and the black varsity red vi.

In my display case i have the shoes whose designs I really like ....the Black cement III, 1999 Bred IV, Mars IV, Black V, Fire Red V, White/Bl/Red V, Black Infrared VI, Croc XVII.  If I get a pair of IV cements and III white elephant print then I can retire. :smile:
Co-sign.

i'm 31 and only want the OG CW 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10....the minute i get my hands on wht/red 4, blk/infra 6, raptors, playoffs 8, chicago reds 10 then that's when i call quits

i'm 31 and only want the OG CW 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10....the minute i get my hands on wht/red 4, blk/infra 6, raptors, playoffs 8, chicago reds 10 then that's when i call quits

I'm an avid fan of AJ's 1-13...and as long as I have the colorways that I love, then I know I can safely walk away from JB. Don't get me wrong, I have love for certain Jordan models past 13...but 1-13 are the Jordans that I truly love.....hopefully by the end of the year, I can safely distance myself away from JB...maybe not quitting completely, but a good distance away...
grin.gif

when dispensable income just isn't around like it used to be......aka when you're broke..lol

but nah on the real..if you can afford to do it....why not keep going?

Once you stop wearing your kicks and stop doing it for the love. That's when you call it quits. When you start seeing it as an investment instead of a hobby. When it starts to affect loved one's and your personal life, that's when it is time to leave the game.

You will never truly be satisfied because you will always see someone with a better collection than you and you will feel like you need to one up them. It's basically a game of chase that never ends until what I said above starts to occur.

I go through a phase. I'll buy a pair I really like, then I won't see this board for another 6 to 8 months. Seriously, the last time I was here was June.
laugh.gif

I'll call it quits when these blue/white jordan xi's drop and i'm able to cop 5 pairs....which will most likely be never
frown.gif

jordan_xi_sample.jpg

I am 22 yrs old and I have drastically curbed my spending on shoes. Once you get a 9-5 or in most cases these days for new hires 8-6 you just won't have time to wear sneakers. I work all week the only shoes i get a chance to wear are loafers to work...then my nike shox to the gym.

Then I have friday saturday and sunday to wear sneakers. When you have 50+ pairs of shoes its impossible to wear them all. So wearing each pair less and less makes me buy a lot less because i say to myself "When am i ever going to get a chance to wear these".

I started really buying shoes when I was 14 and I stopped from 06 to summer 09. I just saved and spent money on other stuff. Now Im 21 and Im back in it.

Yeah ... I'm starting to slow it down now.....I don't even get a chance to wear my shoes now....only been able to wear maybe 5% of my collection do to not enough time.....if I keep adding on I will never get to wear em and throwing money away....I am definatly slowing down from here on out!

XIs are most people's grails so I think it will be easier to quit after 2010.

Originally Posted by Mjmvp23

Once you stop wearing your kicks and stop doing it for the love. That's when you call it quits. When you start seeing it as an investment instead of a hobby. When it starts to affect loved one's and your personal life, that's when it is time to leave the game.

You will never truly be satisfied because you will always see someone with a better collection than you and you will feel like you need to one up them. It's basically a game of chase that never ends until what I said above starts to occur.

Quoted for truth

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

I start a full time job after graduation on June 7th. I feel that the amount of money I'll be making is only going to make me buy more shoes, but as I get older, I've definitely only bought what I like. I haven't really bought into the hype and buy shoes I like.

When I get my job, I definitely see myself collecting until I have a family. Then family comes first.

That sounds just like me....I started buying and collecting J's in college. Probably spent too me haha but once I graduated and got a real job and making real money...I starting trading off my pointless purchases and buying nothing but early retros. Now, shoes that i would have for sure copped in college....Im easily passing on now (white/red 12, black/red 6). And you are right BigLefty...you will collect for as long as you priorities will let you. Ive got a house and many other bills (student loans
mad.gif
) that need attention first. But occasionally a release catches my eye. Keep buying what you like....dont let the hype take you over.

just like everybody else is saying youll be back. In 2006 my house burned down and i had 60 pair of jays. Last year i fell in love with the shoe game again and im making a come back. So far im around 30 pairs now by the end of the year i want to have around 50.

since i am 15 and will be 16 in May, i probably wont stop until im in my 30's-40's
and when i get in the middle of those ages ill probably jus start coppin air force one's.
(btw im a freshman in high school, ive quit before but as soon as i started doing good in school, I Told Myself "Its On!!")
grin.gif

rite now ive bought what i liked ('09 space jams, '10 varsity red 6's, '09 Nubuck 12's, '09 Dmp Raptor 7's, the Rest Are a couple
air force ones and sum basketball shoes hyperize, blue chip's etc.
----But What I Really Want To Kno Is: What Are/Were You Nike Talker's First Jobs, Since Im Turning 16
ive already had thoughts about working at Finishline, Champs etc.

Once I get my hands on some White Cement III's & IV's and a Bred pair of IV's, I'll bow out for a good minute.  After the Motorsport VI release I'm out 'til they drop some III's or IV's.

I'll be the 60 year old rockin' my V's in the jumpsuit at the gym.  Crispy! 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom