When did USPS become so damn expensive?

Man USPS taxed the hell out of me last year. I bought a scale and everything and still got a bunch of emails via PayPal that I owed USPS extra money because the weight was off.

Im mad I just discovered the FedEx option on eBay. It’s always cheaper to ship with them rather than USPS via eBay and my packages all arrive at the same time usps usually takes.

An 9lb package to NH from Tx cost me 15 via FedEx, USPS was quoting me at 38 lol.

Prices went up for sure. There was a time when it cost $14 to ship shoes from here to the east coast. Now it cost $25+. I was shocked.

Of course prices have gone up. So has everything else. :lol: Not to mention USPS has to fund retirements for employees that aren’t even working there yet, thanks to Congress. Blame them.

Priority is still the quickest shipping for the price, btw. Good luck getting a pair of kicks out to Cali in 2-3 days for $18-20 w/ UPS or FedEx.

USPS has been operating yearly with a deficit and that mainly has to do with the federal government requiring them to set aside retirement funds for future employees that aren’t even born yet (50+ years). They don’t receive any tax dollars so that financial burden along with the way society operate nowadays has threatened USPS. That along with upgrading equipment, infrastructure, and the hiring of Trumps homie to be the postmaster general can be seen as contributing factors to the increase in fees and services.

It sucks to pay more but the cost of operating and the lack of productivity from some of workforce are the reasons. Lol

Prices went up for sure. There was a time when it cost $14 to ship shoes from here to the east coast. Now it cost $25+. I was shocked.

I think the postage is a little more expensive than it used to be, but the price of insurance, delivery, and signature confirmations have gone up.

Of course prices have gone up. So has everything else. :lol: Not to mention USPS has to fund retirements for employees that aren’t even working there yet, thanks to Congress. Blame them.

Priority is still the quickest shipping for the price, btw. Good luck getting a pair of kicks out to Cali in 2-3 days for $18-20 w/ UPS or FedEx.

When USPS is on point their priority delivery times are superb. East to California 3 days max, East to East/Midwest 2 days max, and vice versa.

I think I received a media mail package in 2 or 3 days once.

As a person who actually works usps as a clerk behind the counter I would like to know what’s your issue cause I feel our prices are reasonable. You probably using the wrong box fam. Granted our prices do go up every yr and that’s only to keep up with the economy so we can keep running.

Back
Top Bottom