When did your girl know how much you make & amount in the bank

Some people are open book, while others keep it close to the vest

At what point in the relationship do you start to disclose this type of information.

Start by giving them a ballpark amount of how much you make, but keep the amount you have saved up in the bank, top secret.

Some tell their friends & associates all this information, do you? i think this is one of those things that you don't ask about, not everyone wants to tell.

Would you act frugal, living pay-cheque to pay-cheque around her, just to put up a front until the right time to open the curtains

Start by giving them a ballpark amount of how much you make
When you start living together or start talking about it

Don't ever tell them. trust. Even if your lifestyle tells, just make up some stuff about how you "know a dude" and that's how you got this house, this car, this that, this that, etc

Been with my girl about 2.5 and we've lived together for about year. Still don't know the exact amount. I guess once the knot is tied then we will know then. Still not a fan of combined income in one account.

Am I selfish if I want my own saving account on the side?

Last edited:

sometimes it works, but sometimes (mostly all the time) it fails, but at least i try

No one knows how much I make. Don't need that out there. You damn sure ain't checking my bank account.

Women have always wanted to know but never do I tell them. What's the point. You make bread so do I. And I decide to live with a women we will have a joint account for bills but I most def. will have my own personal. And she should to.

Self preservation brethren. Just becuase you are in love doesn't mean you lose all common sense.

Most people already have an idea of around how much you make if they know what you do so I don't think of how much I make as a big deal. However, I don't tell anybody how much I have in the bank.

I let them know on the first date how broke I'm living. That's why they paying.
Genius.

laugh.gif

From the start.

Helped set the bar so she kinda knew what to expect.

Apparently didn't matter all that much since she turned out to be a frugal girl anyway.

Grandpops told me never let a girl know how much you make and never put her on your mortgage lmao

Last edited:
I can't see a reason to tell anyone who's not immediate family this ever. Spouse included. It is none of her concern. 

My parents and my brothers know how much I make, they are the only people who I will ever tell. Anyone else is not getting an answer/lied to.

Last edited:
I can't see a reason to tell anyone who's not immediate family this ever. Spouse included. It is none of her concern. 

My parents and my brothers know how much I make, they are the only people who I will ever tell. Anyone else is not getting an answer/lied to.

^^^^^so you gon go into marriage lying? The foundation you set is the basis your relationship gon be built on.

Last edited:
^^^^^so you gon go into marriage lying? The foundation you set is the basis your relationship gon be built on.
What does it matter. My money wouldnt be hers even if I was married. I earned it not she, she does not need to be privy to that information.

In terms of my family, they deserve to know because they were the ones that contributed to my upbringing and the reason I am who I am. They deserve to know and will have access to my money, a spouse will not.

Last edited:
What does it matter. My money wouldnt be hers even if I was married. I earned it not she, she does not need to be privy to that information.

In terms of my family, they deserve to know because they were the ones that contributed to my upbringing and the reason I am who I am. They deserve to know and will have access to my money, a spouse will not.

I agree with you, makes sense in principle, but trust the second you say I do or she says I'm late, all that changes and she will have access to it.

#wrapitupfam #dateUPnotdownatleastlateral

She can always take half down the line if she wanted, fam.
Bet you she couldnt. It really is never as cut and dry as "Oh you're married so she has to get half". 

I agree with you, makes sense in principle, but trust the second you say I do or she says I'm late, all that changes and she will have access to it.

#wrapitupfam #dateUPnotdownatleastlateral
Also no.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom