When do you stop growing? vol. ill never get taller

im 5'7 weight about 145 and workout everyday @ 17years of age.

My question is will I stop growing at this age? i've been around this height for about 2 years and my doctor said it doesn't get any better than this.so much for drinking your milk.

Working out at like 12 or 13 could halt your growth. How long have you been working out?

You officially stop growing at around 20 years old. You're doctor is right, you'll probably stay around your current height.

And everyone knows its not milk that does the trick, its Wheaties.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

You officially stop growing at around 20 years old. You're doctor is right, you'll probably stay around your current height.

I'm 6'1" age 15 And I drink a lot of milk, no wheaties
smile.gif
I'm Mexican if itmatters
nerd.gif

im been about 5'6 - 5'7 for a few years and i just turned 21. my hopes officially went out the window when i turned 21 cuase i heard thas when guysstop growing. i guess it could've been worse if i was shorter than 5'6.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

im been about 5'6 - 5'7 for a few years and i just turned 21. my hopes officially went out the window when i turned 21 cause i heard thats when guys stop growing. i guess it could've been worse if i was shorter than 5'6.

basically what he said .... what i wanna know is there's a way to grow more during ur growth spurt 'cause I had a couple of friends that was thesame height as me until we got our growths spurts where theirs was ~8 inches while mine was more like ~4. some say its genetics but my pops is like 6 somethingas well as a couple of my uncles so who really knows

I stopped hitting the weights, but I do various calisthenics's like push ups, curl ups, chin ups and run 2miles a day for my health.

yeah i think 21 is the "official" age when you stop growing, but who knows? you could end up like dennis rodman and grow 6 inches over a year

i stopped growing in 8th grade, ive been 6'2" since then. I always thought i was going to reach to be atleast 6'4" but im 17 now and still6'2", and having surgery on my knee isnt going to help me grow anymore either lol

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

Originally Posted by Dr 715

I'm 6'1" age 15 And I drink a lot of milk, no wheaties
smile.gif
I'm Mexican if itmatters
nerd.gif
I'm 14 and im 6'3-6'4... I'm Mexican too.
pimp.gif

I heard it's around 25 for males and earlier for females. They say Lebron isn't finished growing that's why he got back spasms for 2 years straightat about the same time of year.

in 7th grade i was 5'7, starting weight lifting back then, and stopped growing. from then to now, 3 years later i was the same height. i wasn'teating/sleeping the correct way i should. in the last few months i started eating healither, and sleept more then 9 hours a day, and now i've growin in thelast month, im on a growth spurge now. coencidence? idk u decide

I stopped growing back when I was freshmen. i reached 6'4 and every one was telling me I was gonna be like 6'9 when I turn 18 and what not - Well I amstill 6'4
laugh.gif
and I am 19.

it is funny I was always tall but I went crazy tall during 8th grade and 9h grade. During the summer break of 7th grade I went from 5'7 to 5'11 - andthen right before HS started I was 6'2 then right before Soph year I was 6'4-6'5. Me and my cousin where huge back then but he surpassed me likecrazy - dude is know 6'9 and weighs 180.
laugh.gif

But being tall is not whats up sometimes, I have a huge wing span so it is hard to find me suits that are perfect fit.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom