WHEN IS DETROIT GONNA GET IT TOGETHER ?

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Originally Posted by Zyzz

downtown detroit is not nice, its cool but nothing special. detroit is just an overall crappy place. northern suburbs is where its at.

Correct, Detroit is hell on Earth bro. I wake up in this #%@@* EVERYDAY
well leave........
ohwell.gif

What great advice......
indifferent.gif

not easy

downtown detroit is not nice, its cool but nothing special. detroit is just an overall crappy place. northern suburbs is where its at.

well leave........
ohwell.gif

What great advice......
indifferent.gif

not easy

Originally Posted by MrBrown

well leave........
ohwell.gif

What great advice......
indifferent.gif

not easy

He can easy cross that 8 mile line and be in a much happier area... go north.... or go south of 94....
theres your advice...

Originally Posted by MrBrown

well leave........
ohwell.gif

What great advice......
indifferent.gif

not easy

He can easy cross that 8 mile line and be in a much happier area... go north.... or go south of 94....
theres your advice...

I have to agree with all of the above.

The city has it's ups and downs though. We have the power to unite as one and the city and people can seriously seem amazing and beautiful sometimes but all we ever get is negative press and negativity spreads faster than positivity so that's the outlook on the city.

I know that I, for one, won't be in the city for too much longer, there's more out there and staying in this city is limiting a LOT of talented people's potential. This city can cripple those with promise and a future.

I have to agree with all of the above.

The city has it's ups and downs though. We have the power to unite as one and the city and people can seriously seem amazing and beautiful sometimes but all we ever get is negative press and negativity spreads faster than positivity so that's the outlook on the city.

I know that I, for one, won't be in the city for too much longer, there's more out there and staying in this city is limiting a LOT of talented people's potential. This city can cripple those with promise and a future.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

I got offered a pretty nice job in Detroit don't know if I'm gonna move there yet but NY is getting old and expensive,
I might take it. Downtown Detroit is pretty nice ...nothing like national news portrays.

Word?  Maybe it has changed in the 2 or 3 years since I was there last, but downtown isn't what I would call "nice".  Are there some good spots?  Yeah.  But to say its "pretty nice" is a stretch, IMO.    
Like someone said earlier, you can walk through the nice parts in a few minutes.  Besides those parts though, you're usually bordering on some sketchy territory.  I'll never forget the time me and my dudes got lost on the way back from Windsor.  Made one wrong turn and ended up at a red light with a car full of thirsty looking dudes GRILLING us.  
laugh.gif
  I'm not a scared dude like that, but I know when to play my role as an out-of-towner...eyes straight ahead and I chirped outta there when that light turned green.  
laugh.gif

As a dude who grew up heading to the D since I was a young kid, I wish Detroit would come back strong, but man....it almost seems too far gone at this point.  The widespread poverty will prove pretty difficult to remedy now.  
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

I got offered a pretty nice job in Detroit don't know if I'm gonna move there yet but NY is getting old and expensive,
I might take it. Downtown Detroit is pretty nice ...nothing like national news portrays.

Word?  Maybe it has changed in the 2 or 3 years since I was there last, but downtown isn't what I would call "nice".  Are there some good spots?  Yeah.  But to say its "pretty nice" is a stretch, IMO.    
Like someone said earlier, you can walk through the nice parts in a few minutes.  Besides those parts though, you're usually bordering on some sketchy territory.  I'll never forget the time me and my dudes got lost on the way back from Windsor.  Made one wrong turn and ended up at a red light with a car full of thirsty looking dudes GRILLING us.  
laugh.gif
  I'm not a scared dude like that, but I know when to play my role as an out-of-towner...eyes straight ahead and I chirped outta there when that light turned green.  
laugh.gif

As a dude who grew up heading to the D since I was a young kid, I wish Detroit would come back strong, but man....it almost seems too far gone at this point.  The widespread poverty will prove pretty difficult to remedy now.  
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom