When Kobe retires, which number do you think will be retired?

I say !%#% it and get a 24/8 square up in the rafters
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Like some dude said. 24 will be put up in the rafters, and #8 will just be retired / unused.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

24..... cuz it's one more than Jordan.... he's all about being "one more" than somebody

good for him.  why wouldnt he want to be better then everyone before him?  Is he suppose to stop one short of the people before him to show respect?  i never got this.  (and no its not becuase he wanted to be "one more" then Jordan.  He has said numerous times that Jordan is his idol.  You guys make it seem like he hates MJ and wants to destroy him.

Originally Posted by goldenjumpman

Kobe changed his number from 8 to 24 because he wants to be #24. So why should he retire the number he doesn't want in the first place?

simple as that.
Well damn, I guess it is pretty simple when you put it like that

[/thread]?

laugh.gif

I say 24.

No question he did work in ocho, 24 has some personal attachment to him, whereas #8 was simply chosen because it was his ABCD Camp number combined (143).

Originally Posted by Remi23

This is a Good Question but real talk #8 Kobe was crazy. IMO #8>#24

Statistically, maybe. But overall, 24 was the better overall player, and stepped up to become the real "leader" of the team.
Originally Posted by u ttocs

i dont think they will retire any of his numbers..
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Huh?  They'll probably retire both, just put up abanner with both numbers on there.  When it's all said and done he'llprobably be considered the greatest laker ever, no reason they wouldn'tdo both numbers. 
I'm not sure about the greatest laker ever, but he'll def. be up there in one of the greatest.

And not retiring any of his numbers, i know that was sarcasm, right?
laugh.gif

don't forget kobe's olympic number too
laugh.gif
(one over jordan)
i know that isn't the real reason but it's a crazy coincidence...

but on topic, both will be retired by the lakers, i'm sure of it

Originally Posted by acidicality

don't forget kobe's olympic number too
laugh.gif
(one over jordan)
i know that isn't the real reason but it's a crazy coincidence...

but on topic, both will be retired by the lakers, i'm sure of it
I may be mistaken but I believe Kobe's choice of his Olympic number is because of his love for soccer.  I recently saw in a World Cup commercial that in soccer the number 10 is reserved for the best player on the team, hence Kobe choosing the number 10 for team USA implying he is the best of the best.  Someone with more knowledge on this please correct me if I'm wrong but that is my take on why he chose that number for the Olympics.  As far as which number the Lakers retire, it will be the number he finishes his career with, number 24.    

I don't know which number will be retired? I thought when Adidas retroed and renamed his shoe the crazy 8's, that was the reason behind the switch.

On some G @$*#, after he three peats... again... he should change his number back to 8. Don't ask me why. I don't even know.. but that would be dope.

it has to be the last number he played with as a laker which is 24. I doubt it'll be both.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by u ttocs

i dont think they will retire any of his numbers..
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Huh?  They'll probably retire both, just put up abanner with both numbers on there.  When it's all said and done he'llprobably be considered the greatest laker ever, no reason they wouldn'tdo both numbers. 
I'm not sure about the greatest laker ever, but he'll def. be up there in one of the greatest.

And not retiring any of his numbers, i know that was sarcasm, right?
laugh.gif
He doesn't even know the word sarcasm.
laugh.gif

and I dont think he'll be the greatest laker ever. not even close.

Originally Posted by gameovertripleh

he should just stay with the original #8. that's the jersey who made him the player he is today.
Kobe made the #/jersey popular. The # did NOT make him the player he is today. Kobe did.

Yall are talking like the #23 has been granting numerous players throughout sports history legend status
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom