When was the last time people were actually happy with JB?

I think it's safe to say the last time we were all happy was around 1999-2003 @#*. Was it called JB its own brand back then?

I think it's safe to say the last time we were all happy was around 1999-2003 @#*. Was it called JB its own brand back then?

Just think if they stopped making retros all together and you couldn't by your Concord's, True Blue's, or any of the classic shoes that were well before your time. Does the quality suck? Usually, but is it really all that bad?? Retros will never be just like the originals and it's time to accept that and move on and be happy you can afford to buy such a luxury. If Nike wanted to make these shoes just like they were during their original release they most certainly could. And I can promise you would be paying $250 plus for the higher quality and it would price a lot of people out. As far as "Nike Air" not being on the shoes, it will return one day, it's Nike's ace in the hole should they ever need to play that card. You have to save something, so after you've exhausted everything else you can have something left to regenerate excitement once again. Air Jordan's won't be around forever. As people get older and younger generations come along, Michael Jordan will just be a great player that's apart of history that kids will look back on and say he was great, just like we do with the players before him. They will focus on who is relevant to them and you can already see that other players will take over the must have shoes and Jordan's will fade away eventually. We all love these shoes, but one day when there are no more retros the quality of the retros now won't seem so bad. You have choices on where you can spend your money. Complaining and posting here is a great outlet and I don't know if the right people read the posts here but if you really want to be heard, stop spending your money on anything they throw at you. The bottom line shrinks, the more interested the people who say no and cut costs will begin to listen.

Just think if they stopped making retros all together and you couldn't by your Concord's, True Blue's, or any of the classic shoes that were well before your time. Does the quality suck? Usually, but is it really all that bad?? Retros will never be just like the originals and it's time to accept that and move on and be happy you can afford to buy such a luxury. If Nike wanted to make these shoes just like they were during their original release they most certainly could. And I can promise you would be paying $250 plus for the higher quality and it would price a lot of people out. As far as "Nike Air" not being on the shoes, it will return one day, it's Nike's ace in the hole should they ever need to play that card. You have to save something, so after you've exhausted everything else you can have something left to regenerate excitement once again. Air Jordan's won't be around forever. As people get older and younger generations come along, Michael Jordan will just be a great player that's apart of history that kids will look back on and say he was great, just like we do with the players before him. They will focus on who is relevant to them and you can already see that other players will take over the must have shoes and Jordan's will fade away eventually. We all love these shoes, but one day when there are no more retros the quality of the retros now won't seem so bad. You have choices on where you can spend your money. Complaining and posting here is a great outlet and I don't know if the right people read the posts here but if you really want to be heard, stop spending your money on anything they throw at you. The bottom line shrinks, the more interested the people who say no and cut costs will begin to listen.

2001 was a great year for jordan retroes. The quality of the retroes was excellent! The retail pricing wasn't bad either, as I remember it. I think the last year that people were actually happy with jordan retroes would be 05 where they released the Grape V's. I remember the hype on the Grapes and it was straight up craaazy. 05 was the year where JB actually switched the leather quality of their retroes, upsetting a lot of people. Like the Military IV's, where the leather was no longer stiff and firm compared to the older retroes from the pre-04 era.

2001 was a great year for jordan retroes. The quality of the retroes was excellent! The retail pricing wasn't bad either, as I remember it. I think the last year that people were actually happy with jordan retroes would be 05 where they released the Grape V's. I remember the hype on the Grapes and it was straight up craaazy. 05 was the year where JB actually switched the leather quality of their retroes, upsetting a lot of people. Like the Military IV's, where the leather was no longer stiff and firm compared to the older retroes from the pre-04 era.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by firered18

DMP
lolz, I could complain about these all day. 

1. When these first dropped, I was pissed they had the gold accents. I really just wanted Concords and Infrareds again.(Im over it now)  
2.The XI were the first XI to have a backwards Jumpman, starting the trend. This probably pissed me off the most. It totally wrecks the visual flow of the left shoe.
3.The retail price at the time was too high for shoes that both cost 124.99 their previous incarnation.
4.The XIs were the first to use synthetic leather rather than real leather for the ankle area.
5.Packs suck. Why should you have to buy 2 pair of shoes if you only like one.
6.The sample VIs I saw were white not black and I liked those much more than the released version.

That being said, Im still grateful I got 3 packs.
LOL at this dude contradicting himself 
roll.gif
 how you gonna drop all that hate and complain about the price and then say you bought 3 packs? this is why JB wins.
this pretty much sums up this whole topic. we aren't gonna like everything they drop and in the end we will most likely get the shoes. they dropped some gems lately so no complaints..

DMP

1. When these first dropped, I was pissed they had the gold accents. I really just wanted Concords and Infrareds again.(Im over it now)  
2.The XI were the first XI to have a backwards Jumpman, starting the trend. This probably pissed me off the most. It totally wrecks the visual flow of the left shoe.
3.The retail price at the time was too high for shoes that both cost 124.99 their previous incarnation.
4.The XIs were the first to use synthetic leather rather than real leather for the ankle area.
6.The sample VIs I saw were white not black and I liked those much more than the released version.

roll.gif
 how you gonna drop all that hate and complain about the price and then say you bought 3 packs? this is why JB wins.
this pretty much sums up this whole topic. we aren't gonna like everything they drop and in the end we will most likely get the shoes. they dropped some gems lately so no complaints..

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

DMP

roll.gif

Wasnt trying to come off as hateful.

And dont lie if you had a chance at 3 packs when these dropped you would have copped too.

DMP

roll.gif

And dont lie if you had a chance at 3 packs when these dropped you would have copped too.

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

people will always find something to complain about, no matter what.

So true. With anything that's mass-produced, there are going to be small defects that are hard to control like certain glue stains and whatnot. The money is in YOUR hands to spend however you wish, so if you think a $160 pair of sneakers should be spotless but isn't up to par, don't buy it.

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

people will always find something to complain about, no matter what.

So true. With anything that's mass-produced, there are going to be small defects that are hard to control like certain glue stains and whatnot. The money is in YOUR hands to spend however you wish, so if you think a $160 pair of sneakers should be spotless but isn't up to par, don't buy it.

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I'm still wondering why dudes still whine about Nike Air though. That's not a recent change. That's like whining about your girl not being a virgin. You can't go back and change that. The ship sailed years ago.

laugh.gif
 Well said.

Word

Lmaooooooo

Even tho I can understand the complaints lol

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I'm still wondering why dudes still whine about Nike Air though. That's not a recent change. That's like whining about your girl not being a virgin. You can't go back and change that. The ship sailed years ago.

laugh.gif
 Well said.

Word

Lmaooooooo

Even tho I can understand the complaints lol

roll.gif

If you're happy with the packs you bought, great. But that's not the point dude was trying to make....your list of complaints come off as a contradiction when you basically knock all quality standards that JB put forth in the DMP XI/VI pack including the price.

Then you say if the guy had a chance at 3 packs when they first dropped how he probably would've copped too........I'm sure somewhere, some Nike/JB rep is reading your first reply and laughing...no offense.
grin.gif

roll.gif

If you're happy with the packs you bought, great. But that's not the point dude was trying to make....your list of complaints come off as a contradiction when you basically knock all quality standards that JB put forth in the DMP XI/VI pack including the price.

Then you say if the guy had a chance at 3 packs when they first dropped how he probably would've copped too........I'm sure somewhere, some Nike/JB rep is reading your first reply and laughing...no offense.
grin.gif

when xi's, v, vi, vii's, and xii retros use to cost $125-130 and when III-IV retros use to cost $100-110.

u hypebeast drove the price up. a jordan III should never cost the same as a jordan XIV

Back
Top Bottom