When will Nike release a follow-up of the Lunar Trainer?

Been running in them recently, and I've just wondered if they are going to opt on inserting Zoom Air or improve on the already-great Lunarlite. I meanthey're great shoes, but I don't think heavier runners enjoy them as much as running in more cushioned shoes such as the Air Zoom Vomero, Gel Nimbus,or the Saucony Triumphs. The shoe is really marketed towards light people.

It seems that most people that like the shoe are featherweights who weigh less than 150 pounds or so. Cross country runners and the "elite" marathonrunners also get lots of mileage, sometimes above 300 miles, which is the normal limit. So I'm saying that maybe they'll improve the lunarlite toaccept more heavier runners or by adding Zoom Air.

Does anyone know?

To my knowledge, right now they are just keeping everything about the Lunar Trainer and Lunar Racer the same. They added a couple of different colors on thewebsite but thats about all. So far those two shoes are the only ones with the Lunar-lite foam technology. Nike has started the so called "flywire"on many other models of shoes and alleged running shoes but I doubt any of them will perform like the trainer and racer. BTW, I've run in all the aboveshoes mentioned and I'm right around the 150 mark and all listed shoes above fit well. Do u run competitively?

Just a heads up Nike will be releasing a lunar lite basketball shoe..............it is very comfortable
wink.gif

nike will discontinue the lunar trainers and will be replaced by lunarglide

Originally Posted by Kstrick12

Just a heads up Nike will be releasing a lunar lite basketball shoe..............it is very comfortable
wink.gif
They already have.

I don't run competitively but I do run about 30-40 miles a week.

i'm using em right now for offseason football training and they are def the most comfy shoes ive been working out in, but now theyre bottoming out.
it'd be
pimp.gif
x123892471892374982374h3irh29835 if they stacked the lunar foam on top of a zoom air bag (if thats even possible idk how the lunar stuffworks), cause i'm a lineman around 240 $!%

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

It seems that most people that like the shoe are featherweights who weigh less than 150 pounds or so. Cross country runners and the "elite" marathon runners also get lots of mileage, sometimes above 300 miles, which is the normal limit.

My running group includes active professional runners, former NCAA champions, etc. and I've been amazed by the completely digital response to Lunars(trainers or racers) going back to the origanl wear tests. People either love them or hate them and we've noticed that a lot of it does seem to break downalong size of the runner. I'm one of the biggest people on the team (I'm a hefty 175) and I HATE Lunars. I feel like I'm running in three inchesof fresh mud. They're exhausting. However, some of the lighter guys that wear Nike think they are just the lightest, bounciest things they've everworn.

The bottom line is that they're just blow-molded foam. There isn't really any special technology, per se, other than the weight and density of thestuff in the final product. Making something for heavier, average runners might be completely possible but are people going to want to buy Jupiter foamtrainers when they weigh twice as much feel like any other running shoe?

Back
Top Bottom