When will Nike Shox die out ?

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

I love Shox. Mostly for aesthetic reasons, rather than performance. I just like their unique look. Most Shox runners are pretty comfortable too (R4s, NZs, TLs, and Turb OH especially).
funny that all those shoes you mentioned are really old shox. The new ones suck. The NZs are some of the most comfortable shoes Nike has evermade.

It's pretty easy to roll your ankle in shox playing ball since you're not as close to the ground. I rolled mine three times in a pair of VC4s.

Imo, shox is dead now, but theres still a few early models I really like and still want to get my hands on, bb4s & VC2s.

I got a pair of Stunners from a fellow member and used them as my ballin shoe this year and they've been great after the break in period.

Originally Posted by BP the owner

i want to see the air-shox from the Shox Experience expanded upon.

i can just imagine a bball shoe with air-shox in the heel and visible air max in the forefoot...visually it'd be
eek.gif
exactly what i was thinking. i find shox to be a useless tech, i hope they faze out soon

i want bb4s to retro thats all i wish for....concord cw, wht/silv/lapis, black/silv/lapis, wht/red, wht/grn and some wht/navys and ill be set for life...

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

Originally Posted by scarru

gdiemaster wrote:
Lunar foam is garbage. Why? Because they wear out fast. I've worn my hyperdunks and Carpe Diem Kobe 4s and its totally gone. I've worn my hyperdunks more than the 4s but seriously. Sure it's comfortable at first but after 10 wearings, the response is totally gone.

maybe I'm in the minority but I have some lunar trainers and the Lunar Foam has lasted forever....Shox on the other hand do suck in my opinion and Zoom Air is > anything else on the market.

the question is do you ball in your lunar trainers?

Of course not, but that is not pertinent to my statement about my lunar trainers. Gdiemaster stated lunar foam was garbage. I was stating thatthe shoes I have with Lunar foam are awesome showing that not all lunar foam is garbage.

I guess one testament to the longevity / popularity of Shox is the number of copy-cat designs that have come out since their debut. They say "Imitationis the sincerest form of flattery." Nearly every major shoe manufacturer has followed Nike's footsteps and created a similar product. Adidas has A3/ Megabounce, New Balance has Zip... hell, even so-called "serious runners" like Asics and Mizuno have shoes that look remarkably like Shox.

Exhibit A:

Adidas-a3-Gigaride.JPG

new-balance-574-zip-2.jpg

20070410190141-Asics-ASICS_-_LADY_GEL_KINSEE.jpg

Mizuno%2520-%2520Wave%2520Creation%25208%2520%255bw%255d%255bcn%255d.JPG

I like Shox. I have a pretty big collection of them too. I run in several of my Shox and they have had good support and I have never been injured in them.Variety is part of what makes sneaker collecting fun.

Until Nike can create a new technology that is far better than the Shox,
they'll continue to produce it... But as of right now, there isn't anything, including
the Lunar Foam that is THAT much better...

I think in the near future, we will see the Lunar Foam technology perfected
and it will dominate the basketball shoe industry, but i think that's a year or
two away from happening

The R4 & NZ always looked good. The 2:45 were pretty comfortable and the original color looked awesome despite the shoe having the 6 column, lower profilelayout in the rear.

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

look at vince carter and jermaine o'neals careers while wearing shox, theyre just horrible basketball shoes. At some point you gotta look at whats working n whats not, n shox for basketball just dont work, theyre not even that great for running.

what about their careers? are you trying to use large scale success to support your argument against shox?

and if you're insinuating that the shox cause injury then you're wrong.

is tmac currently wearing shox? grant hill always wore shox, no actually he didnt. how about chris webber? he was a shox guy.......nope that's not correct either.

you have no validity to your statement.
ok i see my statement about shox and the injury proneness of players is not very valid, but you gotta admit shox have never been that great of a shoe for you ankles. the shoz cushioning system is just a dead technology that was never ne good.

Ive worn shox for bball and running and have never had any injury issues.

The Shox VC II are my favourite shoes of all time and the shox nz are some of my favourute casual shoes ever and they still regularly find their way through myrotation.

ive also used the shox elevate, shox supremacy, countless nz's and shox classic's, turbo's tl's, (and that's just off the top of my head)including many others and seldom if ever have i come across a flat out poor shoe.

i would put down some serious cash for a pair of stunners.

they should use Iggy for the shox line, since they dropped VC's line and he's not the explosive player he once was. nike can do so much with it...

Glove like shoe like air zoom GP with SHOX, like VC I, foamposite SHOX, flywire+SHOX, forefoot air unit+shox

I thought the VC3 was a great shoe. apart from that awful fuzzy sockliner that peeled off after a few wearings.

I cannot bring myself to wear the VC5 i got from the nike outlet at woodbury common (sp?) for $20 when i was in the states a few years back.

I would take zoom air over shox 10 out of 10 times.

Back
Top Bottom