When You Don't Need To Read Past The Headline: Gay, Mentally Challenged Biracial Male Cheerleader Cl

Via Deadspin
I don't even know what to say�
laugh.gif

Gay, Mentally Challenged Biracial Male Cheerleader Claims Discrimination

By Caleb Hannan in�Sports

Wednesday, Feb. 3 2010 @ 11:06AM

Even in 2010, growing up gay isn't easy. Add in the complicating factors of being a mentally challenged, biracial guy who wants to wave around pom-poms in a small town, and you have a recipe for the most hellacious high school experience in Eastern Washington.

Benjamin Grundy is a student at Garfield-Palouse High School (local population: 1,100) who says the�school is discriminating against his wishes to do what all the other cheerleaders are doing. Namely, dance, wave pom-poms, wear a proper uniform and not just stand like there like a statue moving his arms.
http://
That's what Grundy and his mom say he's been reduced to since the cheerleading coach instructed him he couldn't gyrate his hips like the girls do and the athletic director allegedly suggested he be the team mascot. Since writing letters to ACLU and a local congresswoman, Garfield has offered Grundy a uniform and pom-poms. But that's not enough, says his mom.

As you can see in the video above, Grundy's mother is what you might refer to as a Grizzly Bear. A primal necessity considering (and this can't be emphasized enough) Grundy is a mentally challenged, biracial gay kid growing up in a small town whowants to be a cheerleader. So excuse her when she says she wants to take her poor son's plight to Congress. She's just acting the way any Mama Bear would when her cub was born with a "torment me" sign stuck to his back.

Tags:�cheerleading,�discrimination

Whatever choices he makes in life are his prerogative, and some he can't help....however, there is something wrong with being a male cheerleader.

Maybe they wouldnt let him jump and kick cuz it was a insurance liability, from the standpoint that hes mentally challaneged.

Reno_911_Miami-6-Thomas_Lennon%20Nick_Swardson.jpg

he sounds like that guy, not even trying to clown.

but i could see why a cheer leading team wouldn't want him as a member.

isnt he doing what all other male cheerleaders do? i've never seen ANY male cheerleaders w/pom poms they are def. throwing out the fact that he's gay for sympathy...at most male cheerleaders get a megaphone

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

isnt he doing what all other male cheerleaders do? i've never seen ANY male cheerleaders w/pom poms they are def. throwing out the fact that he's gay for sympathy...at most male cheerleaders get a megaphone

exactly.

QFT

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

exactly.

Yeah but he just stands there and moves his arms

Originally Posted by So Authentic

how are you ******ed and gay? i dont understand.
OH %!+%%!$ +#** BALLS.

i just had to wipe up some lowkey throwup off my keyboard cause i just hit the blunt and was holding it in my chest and read that.

thanks alot buddy.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

exactly.

Yeah but he just stands there and moves his arms

but isnt that what male cheerleaders do? from what i remember while the girls are shakin their hips the guys MIGHT spread their legs a lil but for the most part they just move their arms and jump...homie doesn't look like his jumps would be to on point...

He doesn't seem mentally challenged to me.....he's more articulate than most people I meet on a regular basis in the South.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats a rare combination... Gay, mentally challenged, biracial? Thats damn near impossible to find

Dude is like a freakin Mew

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Life Fail

Gay/******ed/ and Mixed. Dude is like a Leper.

well damn

GUCCI!! 

sorry i have to do that whenever I read/hear that.

I support his choice, you should be able ot od most anything you want, life is too short for anything else. 

Back
Top Bottom