When you realize your favorite RB doesn't have "it" anymore UNAPPRECIATION....

64838cce1feab2bfdda2977d75d86488-getty-88971955sb008_redskin_lion.jpg

Every good/great RB has that one season in the twilight of their career where it pales in comparison to what is expected of them. That's when you knowit's close to being a wrap for them and their career...I know it's only 3 games in, but I really think this is it for Portis. Dude is a warrior, buthe is playing like he's running through quicksand. There's no speed, and I just looked...he doesn't have a run of 40+ yards in about 4 seasons. He's 28 and has A LOT of wear/tear on his body. It was bound to happen sooner or later....

I guess the folks in SD are probably thinking the same thing with LT....

He had a good run, never would have thought he would end up with the best career out of him, Willis and Frank.

RB's have just become a position that rises and fades quickly... be happy that Portis has lasted as long as he has.

I mean, if you look around the league the last 10 years.. it's just rare to see a guy doing it big time for more than a few years in a row. There'salso a new young back in the league with fresher legs that is going to start taking snaps away once you hit the age of about.. say, 26-27... not saying youcan't stick around in the league, but to stay on top for more than a couple of years just seems extremely rare in the NFL right now.

And as well all know at this point... o-lines make and break 99 percent of RB's careers in this league, too.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Thread Jack/

Is Fred Taylor human?
laugh.gif
you know there is that "fountain of youth" that tHey Got in NE...all them older playersgo tHere and somehow they play just as good or better than they did in their 20's...

I remember when Marshall Faulk fell off over night, that %$$ was over for him QUICK

I have to agree with Crftz, thats why NFL teams value draft picks above all, shelf life for these guys is shorter than ever.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

speaking of rb's
ryan grant... get outta here...

I wouldn't give up on Grant just yet. His offensive line sucks.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

speaking of rb's
ryan grant... get outta here...

I wouldn't give up on Grant just yet. His offensive line sucks.
My faith in him is running out fast. When will TT sign some free agent veterans for our line??

LT put a lot of work on his body in the earlier part of his carear....... remeber that 100 catch season he had? it sucks but at the end of the day it is whatit is...... why do you think so many teams have 2 back rotations now....... the Vikings better lay off AP or hes next.......

I know how you feel Double J's
frown.gif

Hes honestly NEVER been the same since he put on that weight for Gibbs plus he has bone spurs in both ankles. A running back with sore ankles =
sick.gif
. The o-line sucks, offense is a joke, and for someone "so" young hehas a lot of miles..shame that. With all that said he looked a lot better last year.

CP only had 12 carries today. He has been victim of some very predictable running schemes each game this season since coming to DC.

Back
Top Bottom