Where does Larry Fitzgerald rank in the discussion of top receivers?

Originally Posted by Feasting Horns

He's the third best behind Steve Smith and Andre. Only reason people are getting on his nuts is because he broke out during the playoffs. Pound for pound, it's still Steve Smith.
Pound for pound means nothing.

Iverson may be the best "pound-for-pound" guard in the history of the NBA, but it does not make him the best.

1a. Larry Fitzgerald
1b. Andre Johnson

Steve Smith was shut down by a rookie CB in his second playoff game, ever.

Originally Posted by Respect21

Originally Posted by Feasting Horns

He's the third best behind Steve Smith and Andre. Only reason people are getting on his nuts is because he broke out during the playoffs. Pound for pound, it's still Steve Smith.
you must not have watched that game, the Cardinals were getting all kinds of pressure on Delhomme, not to mention Delhomme was horribly inaccurate& making terrible decisions that entire game.

Top 3. I can make a case for Fitz, Andre, and Calvin being the best.

He has the best hands in the NFL without a doubt though.

Man I brought this up a couple of months ago.

He is the best receiver IMO in terms of skills.

Where her suffers is he is not an explosive athlete so I cannot rank him number 1..

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Yall need to be more consistent.
the thing is you cant really be consistent with the best WR because there is no clear cut #1. You could realistically put 3 or 4 guys at #1

Steve Smith
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Randy Moss

you can make a legitimate case for all of them as the best WR in the game

funny stuff.

the thing is you cant really be consistent with the best WR because there is no clear cut #1. You could realistically put 3 or 4 guys at #1
But it's easy to view who YOU see as #1, and not change up in one week.

but niketalk changes complete views of football teams and players in a matter of hours on a weekly basis.

Yall need to be more consistent.
laugh.gif
exactly what i was going to say.

pick a top 5 and stick to it.

just last year, Moss and TO were hands down #1 and #2 on everybody's list, and anybody that said otherwise was flamed. this year, i've seen too manypeople list Fitz, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, etc before even mentioning Moss or TO. did they really get that much worse in one year?

my opinion with WR is that if you're good, you're good. just because someone doesn't have the greatest production does not mean they got worse. theskills are still there, its just that maybe their QB or offensive coordinators just can't get them the ball as frequently as they would like. if youinterchanged Fitz with anyone from Moss, TO, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, the production would be the same, if not more. all those guys canplay. so don't go by a player's most recent production when making these lists.
Where her suffers is he is not an explosive athlete so I cannot rank him number 1..

...and Jerry Rice said, "lolwut?"

Originally Posted by CP1708

Mine......

Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith
Brandon Marshall
Torry Holt
TO
Q Boldin
Reggie Wayne
TJ Housamamma

In that order
I agree
pimp.gif

L.Fitzgerald
R.Moss
R.Wayne
Ca.Johnson
S.Smith
A.Johnson
T.Owens
B.Marshall
A.Boldin
Ch.Johnson

all these cats have a chance of being #1 every week, depends who's hot or not

funny stuff.

But it's easy to view who YOU see as #1, and not change up in one week.

but niketalk changes complete views of football teams and players in a matter of hours on a weekly basis.

Word. After two plays in the Wild Card round, dudes gave the crown to Fitz
laugh.gif

You already know how I felt about Fitz and have always felt about him (no @$%%). I kept praying he would be a Cowboy since he was having some issues with TheCards.

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

L.Fitzgerald
R.Moss
R.Wayne
Ca.Johnson
S.Smith
A.Johnson
T.Owens
B.Marshall
A.Boldin
Ch.Johnson

all these cats have a chance of being #1 every week, depends who's hot or not
yes but being the best WR in the game doesnt change week to week. that is something that at earliest changes year-year.

but i think for the last couple years its been a group of guys that were all arguably #1 & it was
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt

but now we have a new group of guys that are all arguably #1 & it is
Steve Smith
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Reggie Wayne

I'll say him and Andre hold down the top 2 spots for now. However, I would also like to say if Calvin Johnson was in a different situation on anotherteam.... there would not be a damn receiver seeing him. He would be the indisputable #1 player at the position. Some may think I am going a bit overboard withthat statement but I do think he is THAT good.

Steve smith.
Randy Moss.
Brandon Marshall.
Andre Johnson.
Plaxico Burress.

Larry Fitzgerald.
Anquan Boldin.
Roddy White.
Calvin Johnson.
Greg Jennings.
Terrell Owens.
Marques Colston.