Where does Reggie Bush rank as an all time bust???

He goes in my top 5, don't get me wrong he is one of the most dynamic college players of all time and I'm glad to have witnessed him play at USC. Iwill never forget being at school and watching him single handedly save USC's season against Fresno State but...

I don't wanna hear that "he isn't a bust" talk...he is a stone cold bust

Running Backs drafted behind Reggie "I Can't Run Between the Tackles" Bush, and please stop the kick/punt returner talk that hardly justifies a#2 overall pick

D'Angelo Williams
Joseph Addai
LenDale White
MJD
Jerious Norwood
Leon Washington
Mike Bell (undrafted)

Risin by the minute.

Dangerous player, skills in the open field, but give me Eric Metcalf, or Dave Meggett any day.

Time to get goin Reggie, tired of waitin for your @#$

If he continues to be a bust, he has to go pretty high, considering everybody lambasted the Texans for passing on him.

Thinking about it, the Texans passed on him and Young, and got so much heat for it. One of the smarter GM moves I've seen.

laugh.gif
I remember how bad the Texans got roasted for selecting Mario Williams

T-Minus 3 more replies before Jetpac makes an appearance.

Reggie killed me in fantasy last week. Last season he was playing decent before he got hurt. But he's not a number 1 RB, seems like no one can accept that.He still may have the best WR skills of any RB in the league though.

My thoughts on this:

First season:
565 yards rushing, 6 TD's - 88 receptions, 742 yards, 2 TD's... 1300+ yards from scrimmage and 8 scores. Also had 1 return TD.

Second season:
12 games - 581 yards rushing, 4 TD's - 73 receptions, 417 yards, 2 TD's... 998 yards from scrimmage and 6 scores. No return TD's.

Third season:
10 games - 404 yards rushing, 2 TD's - 52 receptions, 440 yards, 4 TD's... 844 yards from scrimmage and 6 scores. 3 return TD's.

So for the games he plays, he averages about 80 yards from scrimmage and a TD every other game. He's been injured for two seasons, and his YPC isatrocious.

HOWEVER, my idea of a bust and others ideas of a bust differ... if he did nothing good on the football field, was unproductive, and was out of the league aftera few seasons, he's a bust. I can name you numerous top 5, top 10 picks that haven't done a damn thing in the NFL. Hell, his buddy barely made it as a2nd string QB and "Superman" Vince Young can't even shine against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Reggie can't run between the tackles, but he's still one of the best receiving RBs in the league and always a threat to rip one off. I'd call himoverpaid. I'd call him overrated. I'd call him overhyped. I wouldn't call him a bust - yet.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

laugh.gif
I remember how bad the Texans got roasted for selecting Mario Williams

may not believe me, but i was one of the few that liked Mario Williams over Bush and Young.... i also believed that MJD wasn't going to do @*@%
laugh.gif

Hes not a bust..YET. Hes on his way though.
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I'd call him overpaid. I'd call him overrated. I'd call him overhyped. I wouldn't call him a bust - yet.

The second he scored his first NFL touchdown put him ahead of about 50 other draft busts before him.

He's not livin up to his hype but he's not even in the discussion for top draft busts all time.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

you mean JetPac wasnt the first to reply?
Nope but i'll be the first one to say, Norwood > Bush and my point has been proven EVERY YEAR.

Dude isn't a RB and NOW you dudes are just seeing that
laugh.gif
.Feels good to be right.

I'd say Leinart and Young are bigger busts than him.

At least Reggie has proven he can contribute week in and week out. (when healthy)

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

The second he scored his first NFL touchdown put him ahead of about 50 other draft busts before him.

He's not livin up to his hype but he's not even in the discussion for top draft busts all time.
this

Are you saying top 5 bust of all-time? Really? I mean what about guys like Ryan Leaf, Charles Rogers, Pacman Jones, Lawrence Phillips, Akili Smith, Tim Couch,Mike Williams, etc. Reggie Bush will never be the back that some hoped but he can still contribute. Is he worth the 2nd pick? Hell no. So yes, he is a bust forthat but he can contribute more to a team than guys like Mike Williams or Charles Rogers ever did.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Are you saying top 5 bust of all-time? Really? I mean what about guys like Ryan Leaf, Charles Rogers, Pacman Jones, Lawrence Phillips, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Mike Williams, etc. Reggie Bush will never be the back that some hoped but he can still contribute. Is he worth the 2nd pick? Hell no. So yes, he is a bust for that but he can contribute more to a team than guys like Mike Williams or Charles Rogers ever did.
laugh.gif
take into account what Reggie Bush was supposed to be in the NFL, a "can't miss", "once in a decade star", "a surething" etc

I stand by my statement unless proven wrong

best thing he has done since being in the NFL is inserting in Kim K

yall trippin..anybody else not named reggie bush and not dating somebody with a fat %%# and put up the same numbers and was hurt every year would be called abust

doesn't he have the record for most receptions in the first 2 years??

the saints didn't draft him to run between the tackles and its football injures happen. they just wanted him to get his hands on the ball 10-15 times agame for what he was drafted for hes not doing bad. If you want to argue at the saints using a #2 pick for that then go ahead but thats on the organization notBush. and i know this because i heard an interview with the president of the team his words not mine.

So BUST NO bad use of the pick Maybe....

I dont even see how it was a bad pick.. He was a big reason they went to the NFC championship game his rookie year.

Back
Top Bottom