Where does Stan Van Gundy land? DC? Charlotte?

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

65% winning percentage is horrible??? 

DC could use a Coach like Stan and it would help get this franchise headed in the right direction. 

alien.gif
 WGAF about his winning percentage? dude is beyond trash. there's a reason Miami and Orlando couldnt get over the hump with him as coach.

Horrible post. I would assume that paying fans care about winning percentage. Miami was on its way to the final in '06 with or without SVG (Mostly because of the groundwork he laid) and Orlando made the stupid decision to reinsert Jameer Nelson into the starting line-up in the finals. And if you really have that much disdain for the man, you should be wishing for him to go to Washington. 

I think there is a plethora of teams out there that would enjoy that definition of "trash."  Both Van Gundy brothers know basketball whether they are in the booth or on the bench. 

...okay then, im anxious to see another team take a chance on this clown.

...people also forget SVG has had very good rosters to go with that percentage. its not like he was making lemonade out of lemons. but...by all means i hope someone gives him a chance so i can laugh.

Let's not act like Otis Smith did him any favors putting together that roster. SVG isn't my favorite coach and I've got issues with a few of his decisions but I wouldn't say he's a horrible coach. It'd be funny if MB gets fired in LA after next season and SVG goes out there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

i would love for SVG to come to Washington.  Someone needs to take control at the coaching position here, instead of all the passive personalities they have had the past decade.
Ed Tapscott
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
damn, that name rings a bell to us knick fans 
30t6p3b.gif

frederic_weis_vince_carter.jpg

image.jpg

...hopefully he retires and just goes home, he's a horrible coach. JVG is much better.
Well he couldn't get over the hump as far as delivering championships to ORL fans, but I can definitely see him helping a trash team and at least get them into the playoffs. You have to remember that teams like Washington are not thinking of a championship right now. I think he deserves some respect.

I don't think SVG would ever want to be a commentator, especially alongside his brother.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

...hopefully he retires and just goes home, he's a horrible coach. JVG is much better.
Well he couldn't get over the hump as far as delivering championships to ORL fans, but I can definitely see him helping a trash team and at least get them into the playoffs. You have to remember that teams like Washington are not thinking of a championship right now. I think he deserves some respect.

....true. ill give you that. my comments were only in regards to him going to another championship caliber team, not a rebuilding one.

....however, with the amount of past NBA players still looking for a head coaching positions id like to see some new blood given a chance. Brain Shaw, Pat Ewing, etc.

I'm a die hard magic fan and although i'll miss stan van ill admit that it was time for a change. players get quickly tired of hearing the same voice for so long (5 yrs in gundy's case) glad orlando is retooling. anyways i dont see him coaching next year.  i believe after what he went thru with dwight and the media this season i'm positive he'll take a year off.

In terms of potentially available NBA HCs: Phil, Sloan, SVG, and Nate. I think SVG and Nate are both good coaches, but not great coaches. Meaning it's unlikely either will ever deliver a Finals or even CF. I suppose SVG wouldn't be a bad rebuilding option for DC or Charlotte, but I've heard M.J. might throw the book at Sloan. My thing is Sloan is somewhat similar to Silas in personality and character. Maybe a new direction would benefit the locker room? 

^ Sloan would be great in Charlotte.

As for Stan, he'll most likely only want to coach in a warm weather city, and he also will probably take a year off. If he wants to coach again this year, most logical job would be the Clippers. Vinny is clearly incapable, and if they don't get to at least the 2nd round this year, CP3 will legitimately look at all of his options as an unrestricted FA in summer '13.

Back
Top Bottom