Where is Adam Morrison?

I'm not a fan, but was curious as to where he is currently playing, and couldn't find anything. I know he was with the Wizards for training camp and was cut.

Dude always seemed depressed/annoyed whenever he was interviewed the past couple years; I wouldn't be surprised if he just chilled with the $17 million he earned over his 4 years in the L.

I'm not a fan, but was curious as to where he is currently playing, and couldn't find anything. I know he was with the Wizards for training camp and was cut.

Dude always seemed depressed/annoyed whenever he was interviewed the past couple years; I wouldn't be surprised if he just chilled with the $17 million he earned over his 4 years in the L.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]The strange case of Adam Morrison[/h3]
 I think there are way too many people these days who take satisfaction in others' troubles. I find that a little sick. But I do think there are lessons in why certain people fail, and certainly so in the case of Adam Morrison.

Morrison was waived by the Washington Wizards this week. That followed several years when his presence on the Los Angeles Lakers was due only to a sizeable guarantee.

Obviously the Bobcats made the original mistake of drafting him third overall, when Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay were still available. But to me, the turning point for Morrison happened after his rookie season and after he'd recovered from his knee injury.

It was that half-season playing for Larry Brown, when he seemed so scared to shoot. He was so hyper-conscious of the town's expectations that he played dramatically worse at home than on the road (not that he was playing well on the road). One night Brown put him in a game, and every time the ball hit Morrison's hands, he'd immediately pass it, like it was made of Plutonium.

After that game, Brown posed this question: How could he play Morrison -- a guy whose only real skill was as a scorer -- if he refused to shoot? Sometime around then, Brown asked Morrison how he couldn't have grasped the attention that being the No. 3 overall pick entails. Basically, Morrison wanted to collect that huge salary and never experience the expectations that went with it.

So then he goes to the Lakers in a trade and hardly ever plays. Granted, Phil Jackson had a lot of options at small forward, but wouldn't you think if Morrison was an NBA player, at least one of two Hall of Fame coaches would have figured out how to use him?

And then Morrison shows up in Washington, on an unguaranteed deal with a team needing a makeover, and gets cut before the regular season.

Adam just doesn't have the emotional makeup for this. He didn't compete and he didn't do nearly enough to work on his weaknesses. He's lucky he made a bunch of money before all that was confirmed, but his was one of the odder careers I've covered in the NBA.

Source

[h3][/h3]
[h3]The strange case of Adam Morrison[/h3]
 I think there are way too many people these days who take satisfaction in others' troubles. I find that a little sick. But I do think there are lessons in why certain people fail, and certainly so in the case of Adam Morrison.

Morrison was waived by the Washington Wizards this week. That followed several years when his presence on the Los Angeles Lakers was due only to a sizeable guarantee.

Obviously the Bobcats made the original mistake of drafting him third overall, when Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay were still available. But to me, the turning point for Morrison happened after his rookie season and after he'd recovered from his knee injury.

It was that half-season playing for Larry Brown, when he seemed so scared to shoot. He was so hyper-conscious of the town's expectations that he played dramatically worse at home than on the road (not that he was playing well on the road). One night Brown put him in a game, and every time the ball hit Morrison's hands, he'd immediately pass it, like it was made of Plutonium.

After that game, Brown posed this question: How could he play Morrison -- a guy whose only real skill was as a scorer -- if he refused to shoot? Sometime around then, Brown asked Morrison how he couldn't have grasped the attention that being the No. 3 overall pick entails. Basically, Morrison wanted to collect that huge salary and never experience the expectations that went with it.

So then he goes to the Lakers in a trade and hardly ever plays. Granted, Phil Jackson had a lot of options at small forward, but wouldn't you think if Morrison was an NBA player, at least one of two Hall of Fame coaches would have figured out how to use him?

And then Morrison shows up in Washington, on an unguaranteed deal with a team needing a makeover, and gets cut before the regular season.

Adam just doesn't have the emotional makeup for this. He didn't compete and he didn't do nearly enough to work on his weaknesses. He's lucky he made a bunch of money before all that was confirmed, but his was one of the odder careers I've covered in the NBA.

Source

In about 10 years or so, Im going to be so excited to see the 30 for 30 type doc. on Adam Morrison.

This guy is incredibly fascinating.

It still baffles me how GMs didnt realize that this kid didnt have the mental makeup to make it.

In about 10 years or so, Im going to be so excited to see the 30 for 30 type doc. on Adam Morrison.

It still baffles me how GMs didnt realize that this kid didnt have the mental makeup to make it.

It's crazy how he was so good in college and literally amounted to nothing in the NBA, maybe Europe is his calling

It's crazy how he was so good in college and literally amounted to nothing in the NBA, maybe Europe is his calling

Originally Posted by Durden7

Jordan drafted him, end of speculation.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

laugh.gif
  Yeah, I forgot who drafted him when I posted that.  It really does explain a lot.

Other GMs still liked him too though.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

laugh.gif
  Yeah, I forgot who drafted him when I posted that.  It really does explain a lot.

Other GMs still liked him too though.

Yeah, he was lights out in college.  That type of player white America was praying for to do great in the NBA, but man, he just didn't want it.  I doubt his Diabetes had anything to do with it.

Yeah, he was lights out in college.  That type of player white America was praying for to do great in the NBA, but man, he just didn't want it.  I doubt his Diabetes had anything to do with it.

Yup. If 10 years from now we find out he became postal worker, a drug addict or joined a cult & killed himself I wouldn't be surprised by any of the three.
I would've bet money that he'd be a better pro than Redick.

Yup. If 10 years from now we find out he became postal worker, a drug addict or joined a cult & killed himself I wouldn't be surprised by any of the three.
I would've bet money that he'd be a better pro than Redick.

Back
Top Bottom