Where Is Zoom Air Most Needed At In A Ball Shoe

I was wondering what part of the foot is it needed at the most? Or does it depend on the person's style of play,frame,or foot arch. Does it really matter?

frame and style.some type of high impact cushioning is needed for the heel whether it is zoom air or max or adiprene or whatever..in terms of zoom air I wouldprobably have to agree with crazy ebw and say the forefoot as the application of zoom air.

considering how zoom air works, the forefoot is definitely where it provides the most benefit.

ill never understand heel only zoom basketball shoes, and i completely understand forefoot only zoom.

I agree that Zoom Air is more beneficial in the forefoot. However, shoes with full length zoom hair have been known to be pretty good from a performanceperspective, also.

Definately the forefoot. I believe the KD1 have forefoot zoom and they are great, while the Flightclub has only rear zoom, and they are awful!

Originally Posted by dimsum1

I agree that Zoom Air is more beneficial in the forefoot. However, shoes with full length zoom hair have been known to be pretty good from a performance perspective, also.
of course full-length is the best lol.

zoom air for guards, air max for big men. zoom air more responsive for guard like play which is mostly needed in the forefoot and max air better for cushioningon big impact mostly on the heel

It's not needed at all as it has never scientifically been proven to do anything, not even protecting the foot.

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

It's not needed at all as it has never scientifically been proven to do anything, not even protecting the foot.

????? Published in JAMA? No. But proven, presented, and accepted by many educated people.

Besides, basic 10th grade physics proves that it works. Why the hate?

Forefoot is far and away the best spot for Zoom Air. Full length Zoom is nice, but not as nice as double-stacked heel (Jordan XIX, LeBron V and VI). If therewere more shoes with double-stack Zoom that had a more curved last (thinking more like the CP3.II with doube stacked Zoom within a sculpted midsole) Nikewould have something real special. I think the XIX was real close to what I'm talking about with the translucent outsole and funky lacing upper flawsnotwithstanding.

Dark Chocolate,
The structural and cushioning benefits of Zoom Air have been scientifically proven thousands of times, starting way back with the Vis Zoom Uptempo. Itincreases lateral stability by decreasing midsole height. It improves reaction time by positioning the foot closer to the playing surface. The tensile fibersprovide a high-density platform that utilizes an inverse, symbiotic relationship between the player's weight and energy return rate. I personally prefer adouble-stacked heel and separate forefoot (as opposed to full-length.)

A regular full length unit gives a bit of a negative heel feel sometimes. If you think about it, you can better tune a shoe to the players need by having say a10mm zoom bag in the heel and a 8mm zoom bag in the forefoot, rather than a single 8mm full length bag that may not provide enough impact protection at theheel for some bigger guys.
But if you think about what Zoom Air is and what Zoom Air is supposed to be? It's definitely most needed in the forefoot.

?? What does the Payton IV have in the forefoot? I don't think it's zoom, just to springy. Whatever it is, thats the way to go, by far the best andmost responsive pair of bball kicks I own. (And that includes Zoom BB, Kobe III, Jordan XIX, FP3, and many others.)

I thought Payton IV had a Zoom Air insole? Like the Flightposites and to a higher degree the Lebron IV.

Great shoe. If anyone has a DS pair in a size 16, hit me up.

The Air Payton IV was Gary Payton's fifth and final signature shoe before he moved on to Jordan Brand. Featuring lightweight suede and synthetic in theupper, there were also anti-inversion plates placed underneath the synthetic chrome. The inner part of the shoe featured a Dynamic-fit sleeve that kept thefoot dry and along with the inner lace eyelets, the wearer's foot would be snugly locked down into the shoe. In the sole, Zoom Air cushioning lined the heel and forefoot of the shoe along with an exposedcarbon fiber plate similar to the Air Jordan XI to offer stability and spring in the wearer's step.
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Release Date:[/td] [td]2002[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Model:[/td] [td]Nike Basketball - Air Payton IV[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Color:[/td] [td]Black[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Availability:[/td] [td]General Release[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Info:[/td] [td]Nike Basketball[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
payton-iv-350x262.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by CWK

Dark Chocolate,
The structural and cushioning benefits of Zoom Air have been scientifically proven thousands of times, starting way back with the Vis Zoom Uptempo.
Let's see it. I would like more information on this, and the scientists that conducted the study. I would like to know the results of thisstudy, even after Nike was forced to change the composition of Air based shoes as well.

Originally Posted by Catch22

????? Published in JAMA? No. But proven, presented, and accepted by many educated people.

Besides, basic 10th grade physics proves that it works. Why the hate?
Many so called educated people believe a whole lot of *things* that are not true. Prove that tenth grade physics can be applied in regard to zoomair and its effectiveness.

Let's see it. I would like more information on this, and the scientists that conducted the study. I would like to know the results of this study, even after Nike was forced to change the composition of Air based shoes as well.

Dark Chocolate Hubie is actually asking for someone to prove there claims when he has refused and hidden from posting back up for any of this claims? Stillwaiting for him to tell us about the white NBA player who was banned for performance enhancing drugs. Oh wait...he doesnt want us to bring up his past SN'sand unproven claims and just take his word for everything. Let forget all the past unproven info/claims, the name calling and bannishments and just focus onthe present.

Back
Top Bottom