Where my Angel fans at???? Official Offseason Thread: Pujols/CJ Wilson agree to Halos

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 I shouldve known after they traded Mathis they needed his Jersey
laugh.gif

CJ Wilson too ? damn

tumblr_lhpu3rrOkp1qhxr17o1_250.gif

and by the way Latroy hawkins is also in which should help Walden who struggled in the last month.

-Hopefully  ill be in the stadium when he hits # 756
nerd.gif

What do you guys think about Vernon Wells? He says he is going to get .300/30/100 this season.

What do you guys think about Vernon Wells? He says he is going to get .300/30/100 this season.

ORSRT8:
Lotta Dodger fans jumping on that 405 South!
laugh.gif
Kookcle:
CJ Wilson too ? damn

For the money, I'm actually more excited about THAT than I am Pujols. Picked up a top pitcher to make our starting rotation even stronger, and the pitcher we picked up was the ace of our division rival.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

And
laugh.gif
@ the gif.

ORSRT8:
Lotta Dodger fans jumping on that 405 South!
laugh.gif
Kookcle:
CJ Wilson too ? damn

For the money, I'm actually more excited about THAT than I am Pujols. Picked up a top pitcher to make our starting rotation even stronger, and the pitcher we picked up was the ace of our division rival.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

And
laugh.gif
@ the gif.

Originally Posted by kc24688

laugh.gif
 yea right, he'll never in his life do that again.  Sunk cost, should be on the bench and Trout should be in right.  Still need a lefty bat somewhere in there, Abreu isn't cut out to be in the OF everyday.  Unless they rotate the corners/3B/DH everyday.

Originally Posted by kc24688

laugh.gif
 yea right, he'll never in his life do that again.  Sunk cost, should be on the bench and Trout should be in right.  Still need a lefty bat somewhere in there, Abreu isn't cut out to be in the OF everyday.  Unless they rotate the corners/3B/DH everyday.

Heres how i see it
CF-Bourjos

2B -Kendrick

1B - Pujols

LF-Hunter

3B-Trumbo

C- Ianetta

DH - Abreu/Kendry

RF-Wells/Trout

SS-Aybar

1.Weaver

2.Haren

3.Wilson

4.Santana

5.Williams/Richards?

Heres how i see it
CF-Bourjos

2B -Kendrick

1B - Pujols

LF-Hunter

3B-Trumbo

C- Ianetta

DH - Abreu/Kendry

RF-Wells/Trout

SS-Aybar

1.Weaver

2.Haren

3.Wilson

4.Santana

5.Williams/Richards?

Originally Posted by tim teufel

He was a great player in his prime but pujols is still on a next level. Now he will get those days where he will rest and be a dh certain days. Also think it was factored in his decision going to the American league.At 31 he's only 4 homeruns away of passing vlad,better average,better overall hitter and to me not even in the same discussion as players.

You're missing the point.  COMPLETELY.  When the Angels signed Vlad, you could make a serious case for him being the best player in MLB.  This Pujols signing mirrors that.  The Angels have gone "all in" before and it yielded no rings.  I'll remain skeptical of this signing (and their others) because they've been down this road before with no success. 

Originally Posted by tim teufel

He was a great player in his prime but pujols is still on a next level. Now he will get those days where he will rest and be a dh certain days. Also think it was factored in his decision going to the American league.At 31 he's only 4 homeruns away of passing vlad,better average,better overall hitter and to me not even in the same discussion as players.

You're missing the point.  COMPLETELY.  When the Angels signed Vlad, you could make a serious case for him being the best player in MLB.  This Pujols signing mirrors that.  The Angels have gone "all in" before and it yielded no rings.  I'll remain skeptical of this signing (and their others) because they've been down this road before with no success. 

^ Oooooohhh, I can't agree with saying 'no success'. I've already said that I agree with what you're saying, but I can't agree with the phrase 'no success'. I mean, Vladdy did help us get back to the ALCS, and we did win the division like 5, 6 years in a row, something like that. That's not completely unsuccessful.

Obviously, that's not the return we wanted on that investment, but 'no success'? I can't agree with that; too 'black-and-white' for me.

^ Oooooohhh, I can't agree with saying 'no success'. I've already said that I agree with what you're saying, but I can't agree with the phrase 'no success'. I mean, Vladdy did help us get back to the ALCS, and we did win the division like 5, 6 years in a row, something like that. That's not completely unsuccessful.

Obviously, that's not the return we wanted on that investment, but 'no success'? I can't agree with that; too 'black-and-white' for me.

Anaheim born and raised right here!! Great day to be a Halos fan!!! The Big A will be rocking for a long time!!

Anaheim born and raised right here!! Great day to be a Halos fan!!! The Big A will be rocking for a long time!!

Daaang, as an M's fan this isn't good news for Seattle. The Angels will be very tough to contend with, thank God for the two extra wild card spots. If the Mariners were able to snag him for the exact same contract, I would not have wanted him however. I think for the first five years or so, he'll be Albert Pujols, but for at least the last half of his contract he'll be a 25 million dollar a year albatross. His steady three year decline points to this. He is still the best player in baseball today however, there is no arguing that. CJ Wilson is another huge pickup, I think that cements the Angels having the best rotation in the AL, maybe in all of baseball.

Daaang, as an M's fan this isn't good news for Seattle. The Angels will be very tough to contend with, thank God for the two extra wild card spots. If the Mariners were able to snag him for the exact same contract, I would not have wanted him however. I think for the first five years or so, he'll be Albert Pujols, but for at least the last half of his contract he'll be a 25 million dollar a year albatross. His steady three year decline points to this. He is still the best player in baseball today however, there is no arguing that. CJ Wilson is another huge pickup, I think that cements the Angels having the best rotation in the AL, maybe in all of baseball.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

And I've said this before about the Angels, and this recent news doesn't change my stance: I liked that we won it all in 2002 with the roster of veritable no names. But since then, we've signed a bunch of big names, and I don't feel that has produced a championship roster… …

… …yet.
wink.gif
I was looking for this response from you, ska.

So...would you say...if the Angels won it all now...that they effectively...

...bought a championship??!

*DUM DUM DUM*

powza.gif

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

And I've said this before about the Angels, and this recent news doesn't change my stance: I liked that we won it all in 2002 with the roster of veritable no names. But since then, we've signed a bunch of big names, and I don't feel that has produced a championship roster… …

… …yet.
wink.gif
I was looking for this response from you, ska.

So...would you say...if the Angels won it all now...that they effectively...

...bought a championship??!

*DUM DUM DUM*

powza.gif

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom