Where My NT Accountants At? Vol. CPA

Originally Posted by cguy610

3 hrs until my score on FAR posts. This wait is terrible.
YEEAHHH BABY!!!!

84 on FAR.  One more part left (REG).  Right on track to have this baby over by 11/31. 

^ Congrats man.
pimp.gif

I'm waiting to get my FARE and REG scores sometime next month and I'll be done (hopefully).

^ Congrats man.
pimp.gif

I'm waiting to get my FARE and REG scores sometime next month and I'll be done (hopefully).

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

congrats how much time you put in studying?

Thanks ya'll.  I studied for nearly 8 months.  Who knows how much time I put in.  I started studying for it last December.  I failed the first time with a 74 when I took it in late May. 

congrats how much time you put in studying?

Thanks ya'll.  I studied for nearly 8 months.  Who knows how much time I put in.  I started studying for it last December.  I failed the first time with a 74 when I took it in late May. 

Originally Posted by toine2983

^ Congrats man.
pimp.gif

Thanks and good luck.  The wait for these scores is awful. 

^ Congrats man.
pimp.gif

Thanks and good luck.  The wait for these scores is awful. 

Congrats. I passed FARE with like a 76-78 or something. Only studied for 30 days so I wound up being lucky.

REG was the 2nd easiest to me. AUD being the first.

Congrats. I passed FARE with like a 76-78 or something. Only studied for 30 days so I wound up being lucky.

REG was the 2nd easiest to me. AUD being the first.

I worked in public accounting at a local firm for 2yrs out of college. Got out of the profession. Now working as a cost accountant for a fortune 500. Not much of a grind as public accounting is. Getting the CPA opens up some many doors for you in this profession. I will begin taking parts next year.

I worked in public accounting at a local firm for 2yrs out of college. Got out of the profession. Now working as a cost accountant for a fortune 500. Not much of a grind as public accounting is. Getting the CPA opens up some many doors for you in this profession. I will begin taking parts next year.

Im thinking bout taking up accounting for my major when I did my research it seemed the smaller firms are better for those people who want to make a career of public accounting, the Big 4 is better for those who want to work in industry as a Controller, VP Finance, CFO etc.. Many of the higher up industry positions will only consider candidates with Big 4 experience. How accurate is this? I here the Big 4 is hell but I get the impression that it is the most secure. Also I am thinking about enrolling into a CC but that would only get me an Associates so do the credits transfer over to a four year college because the max amount of credit hours is 95 at a CC and you need 120 to get a BA in Accounting. Just trying to see what im getting myself into..

Im thinking bout taking up accounting for my major when I did my research it seemed the smaller firms are better for those people who want to make a career of public accounting, the Big 4 is better for those who want to work in industry as a Controller, VP Finance, CFO etc.. Many of the higher up industry positions will only consider candidates with Big 4 experience. How accurate is this? I here the Big 4 is hell but I get the impression that it is the most secure. Also I am thinking about enrolling into a CC but that would only get me an Associates so do the credits transfer over to a four year college because the max amount of credit hours is 95 at a CC and you need 120 to get a BA in Accounting. Just trying to see what im getting myself into..

Let me be frank, nothing is secure anymore. You don't perform, you're probability of being let go is a lot higher than it was a few years ago. When the firms, big and small, were printing money they could keep nonperformers and it didn't really hit their bottom line. If it did, it was noticeable. I don't know of a single decent sized firm that hasn't gone through layoffs now.

The odds that times revert back to the good old days are gone. You now need to take more accountability for your own career and etch it out the way you want it to be. Going the extra mile versus just getting by may be the difference between you and someone you started with getting the pink slip.

"Only" is a very definitive term. I wouldn't say going a Big 4 route is the only way of getting the career you ultimately want, you may have to prove your worth more than them or know a few more people...but only is a misnomer.

Let me be frank, nothing is secure anymore. You don't perform, you're probability of being let go is a lot higher than it was a few years ago. When the firms, big and small, were printing money they could keep nonperformers and it didn't really hit their bottom line. If it did, it was noticeable. I don't know of a single decent sized firm that hasn't gone through layoffs now.

The odds that times revert back to the good old days are gone. You now need to take more accountability for your own career and etch it out the way you want it to be. Going the extra mile versus just getting by may be the difference between you and someone you started with getting the pink slip.

"Only" is a very definitive term. I wouldn't say going a Big 4 route is the only way of getting the career you ultimately want, you may have to prove your worth more than them or know a few more people...but only is a misnomer.

Originally Posted by 2muchJayStyle

Crumbs- we exactly the same.. Graduated from St. John's (Queens) in May '09
i still ain't pass the Exam yet.. but regardless of change we're Grandfathered in.. so don't worry

But im dying for some experience in the mean time while im tryin' 2 pass all 4 parts...
Ya'll in some good spots help a Brother out..

Tobin College of Business whatup. MST 2011. Did you do 5yr or 4yr since you graduated before the cutoff. I got my gig through career center.  I just got my grade for my audit case today too Fitzsimons lol

lol.. waddup homie.. i had Fitzsimons too..
he's a Genius..
pimp.gif

i did my 4 yr cuz dat was all i needed..
i've been tryin' 2 get something thru da Career Center even after i graduated..
still not working for me..

Originally Posted by 2muchJayStyle

Crumbs- we exactly the same.. Graduated from St. John's (Queens) in May '09
i still ain't pass the Exam yet.. but regardless of change we're Grandfathered in.. so don't worry

But im dying for some experience in the mean time while im tryin' 2 pass all 4 parts...
Ya'll in some good spots help a Brother out..

Tobin College of Business whatup. MST 2011. Did you do 5yr or 4yr since you graduated before the cutoff. I got my gig through career center.  I just got my grade for my audit case today too Fitzsimons lol

lol.. waddup homie.. i had Fitzsimons too..
he's a Genius..
pimp.gif

i did my 4 yr cuz dat was all i needed..
i've been tryin' 2 get something thru da Career Center even after i graduated..
still not working for me..

^ Congrats man.
pimp.gif

Any updates?

Also, I just took REG today, has anybody gotten the same 2 questions twice in separate testlets?  Any ideas on what this means?

^ Congrats man.
pimp.gif

Any updates?

Also, I just took REG today, has anybody gotten the same 2 questions twice in separate testlets?  Any ideas on what this means?

Back
Top Bottom