Which artist do you consistently listen to? Top 5-10

Its a fact that our web based generation has been on its music game. So many artist and so little time. We all have an opinion about who we think the best is but its all relative. 
Your list doesn't fully have to consist of one genre!! It can be a current list or some people you've kept close throughout time. 

1. Phonte/Little brother- I always make sure im up to date with what phonte is doing, be it singing, rapping or whatever. 

2.Talib Kweli-From projects with mos def and his discography hes always stayed in my roster

3.The Roots- Twelve straight projects full of win, master rhyme slayer black thought, and the music journalist questlove on the drums

4.Common- My favorite rapper<between him talib and mos

5.Doom-that abstract style MF has always had, confusing but on point animated and madvillan prod

6.Kanye West-Came out with college dropout< even before his debut album i was bumping his stuff tracks like apologize: living a movie, beats he made for jay

7.Lupe fiasco-Work is just amazing, hes found the perfect balance between the underworld and mainstream<well i guess thats about to change since hes taking shots at the top

8.Modest Mouse-Sick band, crazy melodies, lyrics give you a lot to ponder about

9.Pink Floyd-Once i started getting into psychedelics they stayed with me

10.Musiq Soulchild- Its in the name!!

1. Jay-Z
2. Curren$y
3. Big KRIT
4. Little Brother
5. Kanye West
6. Wale
7. Clipse
8. Ghostface Killah
9. Mos Def/Talib Kweli
10. Skyzoo
11. Dom Kennedy

Kid Cudi
Jay-Z
Eminem
Cam'ron

I listen to a lot of newer artists now but these are four that I've been checking for the longest.

Krit
Kendric Lamar
J.Cole

Thats the holy trinity right there

Currensy
Jay-Z + Kanye
MMG
Pusha T
weeknd
Dream
Frank Ocean

I mess wit that Skyzoo "Great Debaters" tape as well
a whole bunch of older %%+%/ classics

Besides my #1, these may not be the most lyrical or whatever, but these would be who I find myself listening to on a daily basis:

1) Ghostface Killah
2) Big K.R.I.T.
3) Max B
4) Raekwon
5) Trae
6) Juicy J/Three 6 Mafia
7) Royce Da 5'9"
8 ) Styles P
9) Lil' Flip (old stuff)
10) French Montana

Currently-KRIT, Cole, Curren$y
Overall- Jay-Z, Jeezy, Kanye, 8Ball & MJG
Kendrick Lamar and Dom Kennedy last projects been in rotation since their release, but thats the only music I got from them.

Bangs of course... 
grin.gif

Pac 

Kanye

2 Chainz 

T.I. PSC 

Old dre snoop West Coast 

Wiz

Drake 

listen to alotta old southern music in general 

Tupac
Wale
Jay Electronica
Kanye West
Big Krit
Nas
AZ
Bob Marley
Coldplay
Blu
J dilla
Slum Village

Overall it's currently in this order

Sha Stimuli
Los
Nas
Elzhi
Raekwon
Wiz Khalifa
Little Brother/Phonte
Ghostface Killah
Dom Kennedy
Royce Da 5'9"

This past year it's been Stevie Wonder, Raphael Saadiq, Kanye West & Jay-Z, Frank Ocean, and Elzhi.

In order:

1. N*E*R*D
2. Neptunes production
3. The-Dream
4. 'Ye
5. Clipse
6. KiD CuDi
7. Jay-Z
8. NaS
9. OutKast
10. Timbaland production

EDIT: Francis Ocean and Kendrick Lamar are slowly but surely working their way into that group...

Back
Top Bottom