Which artist's career was a big let down to you?

Doesnt have to be only rap, but to me the biggest disappointments are Drag-on, I was hyping dude up soooooooo much back in the day, and Shyne I doubt even whenhe comes out he will recover..

Talib Kweli

He's got a great catalog but I feel like he can drop better albums. Train of Thought was classic and it's been downhill since then.

Canibus (I was pretty juiced off 2Rd KO)

Kurupt (New York, New York anybody?) ---> The whole DPG to an extent. Snoop's been pretty much downhill ever since Doggystyle.

Foxy Brown - Even her 1st album was a little disappointing to me.

Canibus (I was pretty juiced off 2Rd KO)
Omg how can I forgot? I think I supressed Canibus in the back of my mind because I was the biggest Canibus fan... shame he was ahead of his time?Or did nobody just care about nuclear rocket fuel in their music?

Definitely Canibus and Foxy Brown...also AZ and Shyheim, never sold and blew up like they probably should have

hmm Jadakiss? Na I think he did pretty well and plus he is about to do some big things with the roc (I think?) Another let down is Jae hood

Royce. I wish he woulda stayed with Em and gotten big. I love Death is Certain and Bar Exam and pretty much everything he puts out, but imagine all that withDre and Em's stamp.

Originally Posted by petozham

Royce. I wish he woulda stayed with Em and gotten big. I love Death is Certain and Bar Exam and pretty much everything he puts out, but imagine all that with Dre and Em's stamp.

Yup, that pretty much says it all.

Didnt he die fam?
I believe so......... But he was around for a while & didn't do I SH beyond guest spots, mixtape joints & an album or two nobody gavea I SH about. Then he died. That's not dissapointing to you???????

MEMPHIS BLEEK
roll.gif

And on the flip side I was surprised by Ti's career. I remember when he first came out with that "Im serious" song with Beenie man, I mean Iliked the song but I remember when he was spitting how he wants to rap over dres beats I was like haha you'll never see the day...he shut my$+*% up..

Smilez and Southstar. They had a hot single "who wants this"

Now, the only time they say that is when they're cleaning out a closet and find their album.

I kid.

Truthfully, Philly's Most Wanted; they had great talent. Their career never took off. So sad.

Back
Top Bottom