Which athlete had/has a picture perfect career?

Basically who had a career that you can only dream of. Start to finish... Everything was just right.

Only one I thought of was Tim Duncan. 1st overall pick, nba champ, all-star, arguably best to ever play his position, and no off the court trouble. IMO most overlooked superstar of our time.

Anyone else past or present?

Derek Jeter was the first guy I thought of.

When you say "no flaws," what do you mean by that?

I mean, Mike Jordan could fit this thread depending on how you define "no flaws."

Cal Ripken jr is the first name that popped into my head

MJ retired and came back. Could be a flaw. Could add to the legend.

Hakeem played at U Houston, went to the Rockets and became one of the best ever on the way to2 chips.Jeter, Rivera of course.

I'd pick Derek Jeter . Tim and Derek know how to keep people at arm's length and being an a**hole seems to come natural for them, I admire that .

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar -3 titles in College along with 3 Most Outstanding Player awards, 1st overall pick, Rookie of the Year (averaged 28 and 15 that year btw), 6 League MVPs (won MVP in his second season too), 6 NBA titles, 2 Finals MVPs

Originally Posted by DubA169

don't forget Jordan's off the court issues with the gambling and whatnot. Also the fact that he's one of the he's a terrible talent evaluator and is the owner of the worst team ever don't help either

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Jeter
Aikman
Duncan

laugh.gif
 rightttt....
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/...p;hl=en_US&rel=0' a="" param><param<="" ><=""> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

lotsa guys have 3 rings and annoying voices.

edit: forgot i cant embed from this comp for some strange reason

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

Originally Posted by DubA169

don't forget Jordan's off the court issues with the gambling and whatnot. Also the fact that he's one of the he's a terrible talent evaluator and is the owner of the worst team ever don't help either

And His sneakers did lead to a bunch of young kids getting shot and robbed. But he made space jam!

I agree with jeter.

I wouldn't say Jordan had a picture perfect career in the NBA... But had he finished his career with "the shot" in 98 and never came back.. It would've been equivalent to dropping the mic. But the whole leaving and coming back is kinda "ehhh" to me... Especially his early retirement to play baseball. I feel the same about Brett Farve.

Originally Posted by 10027

Hakeem played at U Houston, went to the Rockets and became one of the best ever on the way to2 chips.Jeter, Rivera of course.
Hakeem was actually somewhat hated on near towards the later end of his career. He asked to be traded to Toronto and that didn't bog too well with Rockets fan. Still a boss nonetheless tho. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Derek Jeter was the first guy I thought of.

When you say "no flaws," what do you mean by that?

I mean, Mike Jordan could fit this thread depending on how you define "no flaws."

Read my mind with Jeter...as close to picture perfect on and off the field as you can be. Jordan had his gambling and the revolving rumors of his debt leading to his father's death.

But Derek Jeter can basically write the book.

Back
Top Bottom