Which athlete had/has a picture perfect career?

Babe Ruth.

Great pitcher, greatest hitter of all time, national icon, 7-time WS champ, hit 3 homers in his last game, cursed the franchise that traded him, etc.

Disagree with Ruth if you consider the end and his failed bids to become manager with NY. Not sure if we should seperate or not

The Bus definitely falls in that category. 
roll.gif
At people mentioning Floyd, guaranteed anytime his name is brought up in the future the mention of him ducking and never really fighting anyone is being brought up. Whole lot of "but's" when it comes to his career even if you don't include the jail stint. 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Babe Ruth.

Great pitcher, greatest hitter of all time, national icon, 7-time WS champ, hit 3 homers in his last game, cursed the franchise that traded him, etc.
Nope.

In terms of being a non superstar I like the Robert Horry answers.

Probably the greatest role player of all time, couldn't ask for more.

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

zidane
Cmon now. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

zidane470x340.jpg

Ruth is the greatest hitter of all time. #1 OPS, #1 slugging %, #2 OBP, #3 home-runs, #3 BBs, #10 batting average, etc.

Originally Posted by michael0360

mariano rivera
tim duncan
bill russell
alessandro del piero
xavi
pele

As much as I respect Pele, the life after football/soccer has been quite terrible to the point it was comical and now it's sympathetic. His son ruined his reputation (he made a public apology on national TV in Brazil once, tearfully even), he did a horrendous job as a government official, lost buncha money from people trying to scheme off of him and everything. People still respect him because he's simply Pele but trust me, he doesn't have a picture perfect career. 
I love Del Piero (and Buffon as well) but anyone who was in the middle of Calciopoli and wearing Bianconeri during that time should not be considered in 'picture perfect career' category, period. 

No one's perfect so I just think that these two men had the perfect life in their own regard:

George Best

Wilt Chamberlain

Say what you want but they lived their life. All the funs, all the glories and all the regrets and everything. They lived it up. 

I know Wilt always stayed mad salty tho 
laugh.gif
 but stay thirsty, my friends

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I didnt read all of the thread yet, but Barry Sanders never won a title. Hard to consider a career picture perfect if you never took him the big one. Same for Cal and a few others mentioned in here. Eli and Brady are good candidates right now though.

Baltimore won the 1983 WS beating the Phillies. Ripken played from 1981-2001 ...

How about Willie Mays?

World Series in 1954
24 (no typo, yes 24) all-star games
12 Gold Gloves
2 Time NL MVP
NL Rookie of the Year in 1951
Made arguably the (certainly one of) best defensive plays in baseball history

Jack Nicklaus most definitely. He won 3/4 majors in three different decades. His '86 Masters victory truly cemented his spot as the greatest golfer of all time. At 46, everyone thought he was done. And then he comes out of nowhere on the back 9 to basically steal the title. Incredible

Man, right now, Anthony Davis has the early lead. College championship, player of the year, number 1 overall pick, and now a possible Olympic gold medal.... All he needs is a hot broad or two, a chip in 5 years or so, and to stay out of trouble off the court.

Back
Top Bottom