Which do you prefer?Original or Retro's?

So here we go.I was sitting here thinking about all the Original Jordans that I had and want again and I thought what would be the best thing to do.Buy the Retro that are made with very little quality or buy the original's that were made to last.If I buy the originals I'm only buying them to hold on too because of course they wont be for hooping just because there so old.I'm going to show some of the originals I have and I'm trying to get more as we speak.

These are not OG's but the colorway is original.I just ordered these and im trying to work on the Black and Shadow OG's.

I just copped these off ebay for $150 shipped.

And here is what my collection looks like.Im still waiting on the Wht/UNC 9's and the 2 shoes I mentioned above.Remind you I just started buying these in Oct.Tell me what you think and give me your opinion on Old School versus New School.Post pics of your collection too if you have them.Peace

Retro XIV > OG XIV...no paint chipping/peeling ftw

04 Retro XII = OG XII...well maybe not equal but close

idk, i like both OG's and Retros. if i really really want a shoe n its OG yeah i'll buy it, but all the shoes i got i wear, n w. OG's most of them you cant wear bc they'll start fallin apart!!! but whatever both sick, i just love jordans so as long as i love the shoe i'll cop em!

If you want to collect, display, and enjoy history, then OG's are the only way to go...

BTW...I don't think red/grey retro 10's are considered OG?...nice collection going there though...

alotta retros have that new flare to them but the quality tends to be annoyingly poor. take the cherry xii for example. . .the red is starting to flake and peel after not many wears. it's rather disappointing.

What do you guys do, chew on your shoes? I haven't had any problems with any of the recent retro releases except for my True Blue 3's that are cracking in the midsole after wearing them for only 2 months. I did a lot of running in them so Im not that surprised.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

What do you guys do, chew on your shoes? I haven't had any problems with any of the recent retro releases except for my True Blue 3's that are cracking in the midsole after wearing them for only 2 months. I did a lot of running in them so Im not that surprised.

Running? expain

OGs for quality for sure

I usually rock retros though, some OGs (depending on the shoe or how old) will seperate at the sole, chip easily or just fall apart after a few wears due to old age and becoming oxidized. I want to keep my kicks as throphies but I also want to rock em without them falling apart. 

Other than that  OG > Retro for sure

retros... i dont buy shoes to look at trophies.. n i dont have any ds pair of shoes.. so yea.. but im thinking of buying size 17-18 pair xi so i can have atleast 1 pair ds n just to look at em

Back
Top Bottom