Which Is Over All Better ? German Vs Japanese Engineering . . . .

My mom has a 96 civic which she commutes with (roughly 100 miles round trip) and it currently has 215k miles. Not ONE major repair has been done to the car. Just simple maintenance (oil change, change out brakes pads, changes spark plugs, fluids, etc).
My mom also has a 2002 BMW 325 with 91k miles...and its been in the shop more this year then its been driven. 
laugh.gif

So yeah...Japanese>German 

My mom has a 96 civic which she commutes with (roughly 100 miles round trip) and it currently has 215k miles. Not ONE major repair has been done to the car. Just simple maintenance (oil change, change out brakes pads, changes spark plugs, fluids, etc).
My mom also has a 2002 BMW 325 with 91k miles...and its been in the shop more this year then its been driven. 
laugh.gif

So yeah...Japanese>German 

German. It may not be as reliable but its quality, design, luxury and performance.
American cars are worse than Kia
And if you say Honda, you drive a JDM civic...

German. It may not be as reliable but its quality, design, luxury and performance.

We're talking about engineering here, not cost.
Deutschland! Germany is definitely # 1.

BMW
Mercedes
Audi
Volkswagen

The Mercedes S-Class = Best car in the world.
Come on the Bugatti Veyron is German. The best work of engineering on a car EVER.

We're talking about engineering here, not cost.
Deutschland! Germany is definitely # 1.

BMW
Mercedes
Audi
Volkswagen

The Mercedes S-Class = Best car in the world.
Come on the Bugatti Veyron is German. The best work of engineering on a car EVER.

51VQ11kqyGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51j5qJzN1cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

- About as objective as you are going to get.  The data is compiled based on owner input.  They have reliability data for all makes and models for 5-7 model years in the past.  Pick up an older buyers guide for even older data.

- You would be surprised by the study findings...that's all I'm going to say.

51VQ11kqyGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51j5qJzN1cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

- About as objective as you are going to get.  The data is compiled based on owner input.  They have reliability data for all makes and models for 5-7 model years in the past.  Pick up an older buyers guide for even older data.

- You would be surprised by the study findings...that's all I'm going to say.

Originally Posted by Man E

Doesnt that ugly piece of crap have 4 turbos and only produces 1000hp or something?

laugh.gif

Someone correct me if im wrong.

Originally Posted by Man E

Doesnt that ugly piece of crap have 4 turbos and only produces 1000hp or something?

laugh.gif

Someone correct me if im wrong.

Why are y'all comparing Mercedez/BMW to Toyota/Honda? The brand-identity complex the average NTer has seared into his brain makes this a laughable discussion.

Why are y'all comparing Mercedez/BMW to Toyota/Honda? The brand-identity complex the average NTer has seared into his brain makes this a laughable discussion.

Back
Top Bottom