Which Jordans to rock to wedding?

patent i's, black cat iii's, black cement iii's, ds black metallic v's, dmp vi's or low top black metallic vi's, chambray vii's, orunc, wizard or finale xx3's.......those are the only jays i would rock to a wedding.....(would love to include white cement iii's, allstar xx3'setc but u said black based right??)

good luck and post pics

Originally Posted by s dubl

DTRT Spizikes
smokin.gif

ewwww

i actualy own a pair
haha

black cat 3's or 4's...you dont wanna wear any crazy colors .. Unless your a crazy person ?...then id assume you would have to wear crazy colors...butu wouldent want your wifes family thinkin your crazy now would you ?..

=]

Originally Posted by lilhen18

Originally Posted by guerilla law

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam 1013

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

I used to think wearing Jordan's to a formal function was proper but not anymore.

I'm sorry to the people for whom my message could offend.

There's only three basic reasons why you would want to sport Jordan's in a function like this: style, what it represents or what the name bears.

Style? Air Jordan's aren't prestigious anymore; they have no quality and you could find something better with knock-offs.

What it represents? I wouldn't want to be praising another man on my wedding day in front of my woman.

What the name bears? Wouldn't that be ironic, he failed with his own marriage by infidelity. What does wearing his shoes on to a wedding signify?
Well said.

The fact that you reduce the entirety of potential human motivations to three completely undermines any validity your opinion may have had. The reasons you chose also betray a common and disturbing trend in shoeheads. You know, not everyone wears - or for that matter does things- for what other people think. Do what you want to do for your own reasons, not for "prestige". Rockin' J's, or any other sneakerhead shoe should be about you, not what others think. If someone feels comfortable with their groomsmen wearing J's so be it, more power to him - and let the haters hate while others live. I know I wear J's to work - and i am highly paid professional- because it keeps me motivated to do an excellent job and reminds me how fortunate I am to have that job and afford those shoes, coming from where i have. I vote for Concords. Always look slick with a tux.
Very well said. It's ridiculous to pretend to understand the reasoning or motivation of some complete stranger over the internet. Some people are way too concerned with others. The OP just asked for specific advice, and of course people have to jump in with their own opinions which were not requested (or appreciated I'm sure) by the OP.

Also, the groom wanted him and the other best men to wear Jordans, so why not? He'll look like the odd man out with dress shoes on anyway (since all of theothers are wearing Jordans). That's like saying I'll go to school/work in street clothes when there's a uniform policy.

Originally Posted by stickinkicks

still think j's at weddings is no bueno.

but if you have to for the groom, then spacejams.
Yeah, well, I would've worn dress shoes too, but as the OP says, it's the groom's choice.

Sorry guy, but wearing Jordans to a formal event, a wedding nonetheless, is pretty tacky. To top it off, all the groomsmen aren't even going to be wearingthe same J's?!? At least match for christ's sake.

Weddings, like Jordans are all about having good memories so since the wedding will be in the August I suggestyou go with the True Blue III's retros that will release during summer 09'. First off they're going to beaffordable and easy to get since it's a general release. Second it's a classic and popular shoe that you canstill wear even after the wedding. And lastly, something blue, the colorway; something new, the shoe; and somethingborrowed, a retro being copied from an OG.
tongue.gif

any XIs the black patent looks sooo fresh. Or go with some black cat IIIs, black/red xvis, or maybe even stealth XX3s

Originally Posted by sdsualum

Sorry guy, but wearing Jordans to a formal event, a wedding nonetheless, is pretty tacky. To top it off, all the groomsmen aren't even going to be wearing the same J's?!? At least match for christ's sake.
I gotta agree, I could never see myself wearing Jordan's to a formal event... I wouldwear some Crocodile or Suede dress shoes for a wedding, that's for sure...

Back
Top Bottom