Which Phone Carrier do you have? Any suggestions?

I currently have Verizon, and even with 20 percent off that I get its still expensive. I have been trying to justify it by saying they have the best coverage. Not to mention they are pushing people off of unlimited plans EVEN if you were grandfathered into a plan. I hate the fact that I could be saving money I have an upgrade in October and I'm trying to figure if I should cop the new iPhone when it comes out or leave and pay 500+ to get it on Virgin Mobile or Cricket. Does anyone have Prepaid? Good Service?

i have sprint the signal is good but when u get in the mountains the 3g and call quality sucks but i suppose all carriers have dis problemo

Do what many DONT do and explore your options beyond the 4 major carriers (sprint, att, verizon, tmo)

I got virgin mobile
had it since may more or less
and i havent dropped a call yet
my plan 35 a month

I have Sprint.

Why? Best deals. Unlimited Data Plan.

Reception is eh. Manageable.

Good phones.

Plus my fam gets 23% discount.

I have Simple Mobile on my Galaxy Nexus. Pay $40 a month for unlimited talk/text and 2GB of 3G data (I use wifi predominantly). The reception can be downright terrible inside buildings and 3G is closer to EDGE. I'm switching to H20 wireless at the end of the month because at least in my town, AT&T has much better coverage then T-Mobile.

I left Verizon for AT&T for a cheaper monthly bill.

The bill is cool but damn AT&T's service sucks.
30t6p3b.gif

Thinking of going back to Verizon once my two years are up.

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

I left Verizon for AT&T for a cheaper monthly bill.

The bill is cool but damn AT&T's service sucks.
30t6p3b.gif

Thinking of going back to Verizon once my two years are up.

lol VZW and ATT prices mirror each other (did at least before the new share plans, but ATT is dropping their rendition soon.) they do have role over though
I usually say if your gonna pay for a phone either get the best (VZW) or go prepaid, with options like Straight talk no reason to even use ATT directly.

I had Alltel since 15/16 then they got scooped up by VZW.
Phone bill is a little higher but the phone selection much better and I get discounts on equipment and service. Phone service is still top notch so no complaints.

Got Tmo. Service is bad in areas w/ a lot of trees like on the PA Turnpike but other than that, I can't complain. Bill is decent and w/ Google sellin phones via playstore, I don't care about phone selection.

Also, they're in the process of refarming their network to work w/ AWS LTE.

I have the 4S with AT&T and I was thinking about switching too. My bill comes to $150 a month for my 2 lines with 22% discount. I hear straight talk basically has the same plan that att offers but at $45 a month (unlimited text, call, and 2gig data)....plus they operate off AT&T towers as well
pimp.gif

Saving $60 a month....$720 for the year.....$1440 for 2 years is 
pimp.gif

Why are people still paying out the booty hole for these services
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

I have the 4S with AT&T and I was thinking about switching too. My bill comes to $150 a month for my 2 lines with 22% discount. I hear straight talk basically has the same plan that att offers but at $45 a month (unlimited text, call, and 2gig data)....plus they operate off AT&T towers as well
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
Phone Companies are greedy.....they charge for everything these days. I heard that it doesn't cost them anything to send text messages yet they still charge for it. smh

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
Phone Companies are greedy.....they charge for everything these days. I heard that it doesn't cost them anything to send text messages yet they still charge for it. smh
naw, What customers fail to realize is you are actually paying off the phone the carrier sold to you at a subsidy price. Companies make little to know profit at the time of selling you the actual phone for the say 200 dollar 2 year price. Thats why cats who pay full retail every time for a phone and aren't on prepaid are wasting their money, because essentially you are still paying the premium as if you did buy a phone at a 2 yr price.  Voice and text cost carriers nothing pretty much, its the Data that cost a lot which is why carriers are limiting what people can use, because they realize 30 bucks a month isn't gonna keep the lights on when you got cats canceling their comcast and using their phone as a hot spot running through 60-100gbs a month, plus it stresses the network.

I never understood buying a phone straight out cause you don't wanna be locked in a contract. You paying the same as me monthly plus after I pay an ETF it's probably bout the same price anyway. (Didn't do the math)

AT&T LTE is the truth
pimp.gif

I see why they capped data cause i'd cancel FIOS with the quickness but my phone might explode
laugh.gif

i use voip. it defintitely has it downsides but paying nothing or close to nothing makes up for it

I have T-Mobile. Service is so-so even in Philly. When I go to my beach house in Wildwood, NJ it's horrible. Would not recommend.

Depends on where you live.

I've heard of this one company that works on ATTs bands...

Unlimited everything with 2gb data for $60

Its dopeness because it uses the GSM network, so you can just pop your sim in a phone.

Also depends when you sign up.

I'm which T-MOBILE ... 5 gb, 1k min, unlimited text for $70...

Sucks in small towns, but great in the city, it uses a sim card, and speeds are
pimp.gif

Verizon, using galaxy nexus 4g lte with unlimited data 20% discount, about 90 a month, it's the best service so I don't mind paying that much...

I've used A&TT, SPRINT AND VERIZON.....IMO THEY ALL SUCK. I'm currently using Verizon but i seize an opportunity where i can get service from them for $30 which includes 1500min, 4GB of LTE DATA, and unlimited text(they recently capped my MMS to 300 but i hardly send MMS)....Once the Next Genration Nexus comes out im might go simple mobile or some MNVO company, carrier supported Nexus devices plain suck.

Back
Top Bottom