Which players got hyped from a good playoff series/championship?

This came to me as I was reading about Dirk choking away the series versus the Warriors last year....

I wanted to discuss a flipside to that thread - who did you think would be much better than they actually are after witnessing a playoff series/game and/orchampionship?

Off the top of my head -

-Bibby versus the Lakers, that was like the apex to his career. He was never the same after slanging J's out the back of his Benzo.
- Troy Hudson, 02-03 he had a solid playoff run. I just thought he was going to escalate into something that never happened.

More will come to me..but discuss?

Austin Croshere and Chris Crawford got some nice paychecks after decent playoff performances

i agree with troy hudson..but this guy is the ultimate..
jerome_james_garbage_bag.jpg

son got a fat contract from the Knicks after that playoff run the sonics had a few years ago..havent seen him since
sick.gif

Bonzi Wells was already a good player and all that, but I think after that playoff series that he had with the Kings a few years ago, his free agency stockrose pretty significantly.

Yup based mostly on his playoff performance against the Lakers the Wolves signed T Hudson to a 37 million dollar deal AND let Chauncey Billups walk.

How bout Tim Thomas when he made that run with PHX? Dude was almost out of the league then dropped 48 three pointers in the playoffs and got LAC to sign him
laugh.gif

Didn't croshere at least win like, 6th man of the year or something?

Knick contracts shouldn't count because they're not based on anything logical.

I guess I forgot any Free Agent the Raiders add from a Super Bowl team tends to be overpaid.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Bonzi Wells was already a good player and all that, but I think after that playoff series that he had with the Kings a few years ago, his free agency stock rose pretty significantly.
Dude gassed himself up.

The Kings offered him like a $36M contract after that playoff stint, but he declined thinking he could get more by testing out the FA waters.

At the end of the day, nobody camea knocking, and Houston scooped him up for like a cheap 2 year deal.

He's a FA again after this season, but it looks like he's gonna go down the Spree route and regret not taking the offer that was on the table.

Yup...yup...and yup...all good stuff in this thread...Hudson def, Croshere too...I really liked duke in Tampa Bay but I remember Dexter Jackson cashed in onthat Super Bowl MVP forreal with that FA contract he signed right after they won (with I believe Arizona, could be wrong though)

Knicks made Houston a 100-million dollar man because of ONE game winning shot in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

David Givens.

5 years/$24 million with the Titans

AAHJ152_8x10~David-Givens-Posters.jpg

I think he played 5 games in two years...
I completely forgot about Givens and I am a Pats fan. He fell off the face of the earth.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

I completely forgot about Givens and I am a Pats fan. He fell off the face of the earth.
Tom Ashworth too... signed a pretty big deal with Seattle and just got cut a week ago, could never fit into their system.

I'm jealous of the Patriots personnel department. If the 49ers could grasp 1/3rd of what the Patriots do in regards to their personnel, I'd beecstatic.

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

vanexel_254_030508.jpg

Earned him a line in Jay-Z's verse in "Crazy in Love"
laugh.gif

eek.gif
Forgot about Van Exel, dude was $ in the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom