which team should "rent" melo?

i've read reports that the nuggets will trade melo at the deadline. The nuggets are still high on the nets offer, but most "sources" don't think he would sign an extension there. the knicks are the favorite to grab him if it goes to the off season.

the nuggets owners son is supposedly still beyond angry that he was forced to sit and hear that infamous toast made by chirs paul about melo, chirs, and amar'e forming a big three in NYC. he wants nothing to do with sending melo to the knicks. (might be a negotiating tactic)

hypothetically if the only way melo gets traded is for a rental, knowing that he would test free agency in the off season, who should give up the assests for that?

i would be intrigued with him on the mavericks, magic and OKC

i've read reports that the nuggets will trade melo at the deadline. The nuggets are still high on the nets offer, but most "sources" don't think he would sign an extension there. the knicks are the favorite to grab him if it goes to the off season.

the nuggets owners son is supposedly still beyond angry that he was forced to sit and hear that infamous toast made by chirs paul about melo, chirs, and amar'e forming a big three in NYC. he wants nothing to do with sending melo to the knicks. (might be a negotiating tactic)

hypothetically if the only way melo gets traded is for a rental, knowing that he would test free agency in the off season, who should give up the assests for that?

i would be intrigued with him on the mavericks, magic and OKC

A team that is truly confident they'll go deep into the playoffs. Not a team that may squeak in or hasn't been there in a while.

A team that is truly confident they'll go deep into the playoffs. Not a team that may squeak in or hasn't been there in a while.

if the knicks land melo and dont give away any of their core contributors they are on par with the elite in the east ...

if the knicks land melo and dont give away any of their core contributors they are on par with the elite in the east ...

If the Magics can swindle for Melo. Its unlikely though theyd HAVE to get rid of Rashard Lewis and who the hell wants him or Vince Carter.

If the Magics can swindle for Melo. Its unlikely though theyd HAVE to get rid of Rashard Lewis and who the hell wants him or Vince Carter.

i think vince carter is an expiring, so the nuggets or a third team would want it

i think vince carter is an expiring, so the nuggets or a third team would want it

The Magic, no question about it. Vince's expiring, Ryan Anderson, the rights to Fran Vasquez and two first round picks gets it done. If anything, that would force the hands of either the Knicks or the Nets to ante up their offers.

The Magic, no question about it. Vince's expiring, Ryan Anderson, the rights to Fran Vasquez and two first round picks gets it done. If anything, that would force the hands of either the Knicks or the Nets to ante up their offers.

I would say the Knicks but that means trading players... I don't want this team to be touched because our ceiling is so high, hopefully he will sign with us next offseason

I would say the Knicks but that means trading players... I don't want this team to be touched because our ceiling is so high, hopefully he will sign with us next offseason

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Magic

this..

then they could trot out a lineup of:

pg: nelson (although I wouldn't be opposed to them acquire billups in the deal to, who I'm sure the nuggets wouldn't mind getting rid of)
sg: whoever is left from the trade, JJ or pietrus
sf: melo
pf: bass
c: howard

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Magic

this..

then they could trot out a lineup of:

pg: nelson (although I wouldn't be opposed to them acquire billups in the deal to, who I'm sure the nuggets wouldn't mind getting rid of)
sg: whoever is left from the trade, JJ or pietrus
sf: melo
pf: bass
c: howard

I hope orlando could pull it off. VC will be off the books anyway, they have bass and gortat, so 1 of them could be shipped out, and what else? Some draft picks?
Could him and D12 co-exist and run a good offense? **starts praying**
Do it otis!!

I hope orlando could pull it off. VC will be off the books anyway, they have bass and gortat, so 1 of them could be shipped out, and what else? Some draft picks?
Could him and D12 co-exist and run a good offense? **starts praying**
Do it otis!!

obviously VC + scrubs + picks for melo straight up is stupid cuz melo himself is a huge expiring
laugh.gif

so does anyone know a legit 3-way trade that would work with the nuggets and magic?

bangdak?
nerd.gif

obviously VC + scrubs + picks for melo straight up is stupid cuz melo himself is a huge expiring
laugh.gif

so does anyone know a legit 3-way trade that would work with the nuggets and magic?

bangdak?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

This. But the Nuggets won't trade him there without Gallo & Chandler included I think

Back
Top Bottom