Which TV should I buy? audio/video people help me out.

when it comes to playing video games is there a major difference between lcd and plasma?

when it comes to playing video games is there a major difference between lcd and plasma?

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by jamminbyalias

Thanks. Any reason why you wouldn't recommend the Sony?
i recomend sony sammys are over priced imo i plan on copping a sony LED in a couple weeks

Really? When it comes to electronics, Sony is always the one that's overpriced, their products are always on the top of the price bracket and not always providing the best possibe quality products.

i recomend sony sammys are over priced imo i plan on copping a sony LED in a couple weeks

Really? When it comes to electronics, Sony is always the one that's overpriced, their products are always on the top of the price bracket and not always providing the best possibe quality products.

Originally Posted by RFX45

yea i know sony is expensive but samsung just has too much imo facebook,twitter ect like seriously thats just too much for a tv and know the customers are paying for it i wonder how much that tv is worth without all that crap all i need on my next tv is netflix and maybe youtube but imma keep an open mind on my next tv

yea i know sony is expensive but samsung just has too much imo facebook,twitter ect like seriously thats just too much for a tv and know the customers are paying for it i wonder how much that tv is worth without all that crap all i need on my next tv is netflix and maybe youtube but imma keep an open mind on my next tv

Samsung actually has a version w/o those things and I'm pretty sure Sony has a TV that has those options too that connect to the webz via wi-fi.
Plus if the Samsung, which I think has better pic quality than Sony, has all those features and comparable to Sony of the same specs w/o those options, Sony is still more expensive. 

And Samsung seems to go on a deeper discount so you can usually get them much cheaper.

Samsung actually has a version w/o those things and I'm pretty sure Sony has a TV that has those options too that connect to the webz via wi-fi.
Plus if the Samsung, which I think has better pic quality than Sony, has all those features and comparable to Sony of the same specs w/o those options, Sony is still more expensive. 

And Samsung seems to go on a deeper discount so you can usually get them much cheaper.

Originally Posted by GG0tti

With the newer plasma tvs you don't have to worry about burn in and image retention. It was true when they first came out but with the newer ones its something you don't have to worry about.
this was my worries about plasmas because i am kind of on the fence on getting a sony led or panasonic i dont know cause that damb sony is $2000
sick.gif
 i might just get a panasonic tho

I bought a Panasonic 50in about 6 months ago. I am the worst with leaving things on the screen; I leave it on the ps3 screen or a movie pause screen for hours like every couple of days while I'm on the computer or sleeping, and I don't have any issues with image rentention, or atleast i don't notice it. It fixes itself pretty fast.

And for gaming different models have different input lag, i think in general plasmas are better in this category. There is a thing about Plasmas though, supposedly the black levels get worse overtime and so the picture looks worse overtime, they said they fixed it in the new models but people were skeptical. I didn't check back to see if they tested it or not and i don't notice anything on my plasma but i wouldn't notice it either way.

Originally Posted by GG0tti

With the newer plasma tvs you don't have to worry about burn in and image retention. It was true when they first came out but with the newer ones its something you don't have to worry about.
this was my worries about plasmas because i am kind of on the fence on getting a sony led or panasonic i dont know cause that damb sony is $2000
sick.gif
 i might just get a panasonic tho

I bought a Panasonic 50in about 6 months ago. I am the worst with leaving things on the screen; I leave it on the ps3 screen or a movie pause screen for hours like every couple of days while I'm on the computer or sleeping, and I don't have any issues with image rentention, or atleast i don't notice it. It fixes itself pretty fast.

And for gaming different models have different input lag, i think in general plasmas are better in this category. There is a thing about Plasmas though, supposedly the black levels get worse overtime and so the picture looks worse overtime, they said they fixed it in the new models but people were skeptical. I didn't check back to see if they tested it or not and i don't notice anything on my plasma but i wouldn't notice it either way.

Back
Top Bottom