Which you like better...nba on TNT or ESPN?

I like watching games on espn better cuz I like hubie brown, jvg, and mark jackson and they have the nba shootaround be4 the game...the only reason I likegames on tnt is cuz they have inside the nba...cuz I dont really like reggie miller when he's the commentator...I know there's a couple more i dontlike on tnt but he's the only one i can think of now...

I wish they had the games on espn but still had inside the nba somehow...that'd be perfect..

TNT ftw

Hubie is good i just can't stand Tirico. JVG and Mark Jackson are also pretty good together i'm just not a big fan of Mike Breen

I'm going to be blunt... I honestly don't care where it's broadcasted. It doesn't matter if it's TNT or ESPN. I know 98% of NT loves TNTand absolutely hates ESPN, but to me it doesn't matter.

If Doug Collins' egotistical piece of garbage was kicked out of the TNT broadcasting booth, TNT would be absolutely perfect.
ESPN's teams aren't bad (Lebron's grandson/Hubie and the JVG/Jackson/Breen crew), but TNT overall has the better presentation and entertainmentvalue.

TNT is better for the commentary but I prefer ESPN because then I don't have to change the channel when Sex and the City comes on
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

If Doug Collins' egotistical piece of garbage was kicked out of the TNT broadcasting booth, TNT would be absolutely perfect.
ESPN's teams aren't bad (Lebron's grandson/Hubie and the JVG/Jackson/Breen crew), but TNT overall has the better presentation and entertainment value.

I knew there was someone I didn't like on tnt that I couldn't think of...ya I hate when collins is callin the games

Typical NTer..

[NTer]NBA on NBC > Jesus H. Christ![/NTer]

I like TNT better, but it doesn't really matter too much to me, as long as there aren't annoying commentators (word to Jon Barry, and that womanwho's been commentating recently in the Playoffs.
sick.gif
). It doesn't matter as much as long as we have a good game with good teams going on.

In terms of play-by-play, TNT wins in a landslide. Marv and Harlan are the best national basketball voices (unless the Sonics do leave Seattle and KevinCalabro starts working for ESPN full time). Mike Fratello is a very good color analyst though, so he and Van Gundy cancel each other out.

I said this in the Tirico unappreciation thread, but I think Breen/JVG/Jackson are the single best announcing team in basketball - more than decentplay-by-play vet in Breen, former player that's been retired for less than 10 years in Jackson, former coach that's been retired for less than 5 yearsin Van Gundy. The color is fresh and the chemistry is natural.

That being said, this is a debate about the networks, and TNT has the better pregame-halftime-postgame shows and a better overall stable of commentating teams,so TNT > ESPN.

which ever one has Jeff Van Gundy...my fav commentator by far..always keeps it real and honest...

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Kevin Harlan > anyone ESPN has.

Yup. You got the Inside Crew, Marv, and I actually like Reggie.

The only thing ESPN has Van Gundy/MJ/Breen. I hate Barry and Wilbon has been getting on my nerves lately.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

which ever one has Jeff Van Gundy...my fav commentator by far..always keeps it real and honest...

it took me awhile to feel jeff but dude is hilarious.

Hubie and the Breen Team are the only things saving the ESPN broadcast from being a wreck. Mike Tirico fell out of LeBron James #+$, and I guess because ofthat Mike feels he has to slurp LeBron every time he's on the court.

NBC > TNT > ESPN

^yeah, it's the "typical NT response"...but it's a fact.

Back
Top Bottom