Who are some of the most UNDERRATED players in the NBA?

Jeff Green (earlier this year last year's 3pt shooting was an aberration, looks like the months of December and January might have been instead)
Raymond Felton
Toney Douglas
Jason Thompson
the combo of Rajon Rondo/Kendrick Perkins

John Salmons
Jason Thompson
Ryan Gomes
Jermaine O'Neal

is it safe to say joe johnson is underrated? he has been getting his share in the last year or two but he is definitely one of those players who doesn't mind not being in the spot light every day

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Yea he might get his 20ppg, but he really is a black hole in the offense, once he gets the ball its either him jacking up a shot or a TO
Take it from someone who seen every game of his for the past 2 years

Though i will admit, he would be better fitted for a playoff contender than the Dubs
but he's shooting at a high clip...

and not for nothing, there are a TON of chuckers on the Warriors....
Maggette isn't underrated. He's rated exactly where he should be. On the Warriors, he's asked to be the 2nd option behind Monta Ellis. He would be better served as being a 3rd or 4th scoring option or a 6th man. He can score, but that's all he does well. His passing sucks, he has butterfingers, his ball handling sucks because of the aforementioned butterfingers, can't rebound because of the aforementioned butterfingers, and his defense is laughable.

GSW has a ton of chuckers? Besides Ellis, who else?
nerd.gif

Chuckers in the sense that you all have a number of double-digit scorers (products of Nellie ball), but the W/L record is very shaky. 

As far as Maggette, I would love to see him on a contending team like I said before.  He can get you points quickly.  And like you said, as a 3rd scoring option or coming off the bench, he could prove to be a huge asset to a number of teams.  As far as being a SF (rebounding) he's right there in the thick of things statistically (also take into consideration he's playing less minutes per night as well).  Lebron and Marion are the leaders in that statistical category, but Maggette's 5.5 boards per-night is right where it should be.  His passing/defense could be better, but I like what he brings to the table.  He's shooting like 52% from the floor and he has no problems getting to the rim. 

John Salmons was terrible before getting traded...now everyone is saying that he's been the best trade deadline pick up last year and this year. I don't see how he's underrated.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think George Hill is going to make Tony Parker expendable soon (like this summer soon).

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

John Salmons
NO sir. He plays well for the first couple of months for every team he goes to. Downhill after that.

He just SHOOTS to SHOOT, like Jannero Pargo.

I agree with 95% of the responses... but the player that stands out the most for MOST UNDERRATED! is.....

Monta_Ellis_cropped.jpg

pimp.gif
ARGUABLY the BEST slasher in the NBA today!

Stack Jack and Ellis

And even though I love his game,  I have a feeling Steph Curry is going to be an overrated player for years to come. 

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Yea he might get his 20ppg, but he really is a black hole in the offense, once he gets the ball its either him jacking up a shot or a TO
Take it from someone who seen every game of his for the past 2 years

Though i will admit, he would be better fitted for a playoff contender than the Dubs
but he's shooting at a high clip...

and not for nothing, there are a TON of chuckers on the Warriors....
Maggette isn't underrated. He's rated exactly where he should be. On the Warriors, he's asked to be the 2nd option behind Monta Ellis. He would be better served as being a 3rd or 4th scoring option or a 6th man. He can score, but that's all he does well. His passing sucks, he has butterfingers, his ball handling sucks because of the aforementioned butterfingers, can't rebound because of the aforementioned butterfingers, and his defense is laughable.

GSW has a ton of chuckers? Besides Ellis, who else?
nerd.gif

Chuckers in the sense that you all have a number of double-digit scorers (products of Nellie ball), but the W/L record is very shaky. 

As far as Maggette, I would love to see him on a contending team like I said before.  He can get you points quickly.  And like you said, as a 3rd scoring option or coming off the bench, he could prove to be a huge asset to a number of teams.  As far as being a SF (rebounding) he's right there in the thick of things statistically (also take into consideration he's playing less minutes per night as well).  Lebron and Marion are the leaders in that statistical category, but Maggette's 5.5 boards per-night is right where it should be.  His passing/defense could be better, but I like what he brings to the table.  He's shooting like 52% from the floor and he has no problems getting to the rim. 
You and I have different definitions of "chuckers." Chuckers, to me, are volume shooters.

Maggette plays less minutes per game because he always gets hurt
laugh.gif
. The coaching staff is trying to hold him back so it's less chance for injury for the guy. That should really hurt his case in being considered "underrated."

Sorry to sound like OKB for a minute, but the style at which the Warriors play gives more opportunities for rebounds to be had. If we're going to use pace of play when discussing scoring, why not rebounding?

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

John Salmons
NO sir. He plays well for the first couple of months for every team he goes to. Downhill after that.

He just SHOOTS to SHOOT, like Jannero Pargo.
Agree, Salmons can't play with stars he only shines when he is the main option

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think George Hill is going to make Tony Parker expendable soon (like this summer soon).
George Hill has recently stepped up in the big games but I wouldn't go as far as saying he gonna take Tonys' spot.

Hill does ONE thing better than Tony and that's defense but he is a FAR better shooter than Tony in his early years but Tony got the mid range game on lock right now.
Parker is a game changer and shows up at the big moments and watching many Spurs games he does create for others (Jefferson being the exception)

Hill is very solid and would be one hell of a backup or solid 2 guard but you can't replace a Tony Parker.
I've watched Tony carry our team so many times and he's the reason last year why we even won 50+ games last year

Aaron Brooks? Iggy? Flopajeo? What?
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Do you guys know how much Iggy's getting paid? i dont call that underrated.

I'd never have respect for Andy V until he stops flopping. Aaron Brooks isnt even close to be underrated.

Taj Gibson is someone i would agree with.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

While Hill has filled in nicely for Parker, i dont think hes taking Parker's spot anytime soon. Maybe Manu.

Back
Top Bottom