Who are this generation's innovators, revolutionaries and game changers?

Inventors of instagram, tumblr, twitter, facebook, niketalk, pinterest, 

Harldy. Zuck is probably yhe only person on that list that really innovated anything as far as social networking goes. the rest are relica's of him.

Jerry Yang and David Filo, Marc Andreessen and James Clark, Jonathan Abrams and Tom Anderson, and Naveen Selvadurai with Dennis Crowley are internet innovators and pioneers.

Tim Berners-Lee, Vint Cerf, and Robert Cailliau are pioneers and innovators.

Tumblr, twitter, instagram, and the rest of these 3rd-4th generation social networking sites haven't revolutionized anything. They simply refined it.

Oh, and lets not forget

srs

Last edited:
Elon Musk not being mentioned in this discussion is a travesty. Please read up on him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

Saying he hasn't contributed to this generation is blasphemy. Space X and Tesla have a significant impact on the world, much more so than you think. 

Tesla Motors is changing the way cars are being made. Ya'll better be ready. As soon as he can get the charging station infrastructures + a couple generations of the Tesla Models down, it's game over. 

Last edited:
Elon Musk not being mentioned in this discussion is a travesty. Please read up on him.

Saying he hasn't contributed to this generation is blasphemy. Space X and Tesla have a significant impact on the world, much more so than you think. 

Tesla Motors is changing the way cars are being made. Ya'll better be ready. As soon as he can get the charging station infrastructures + a couple generations of the Tesla Models down, it's game over. 

Tesla electric motors AND PayPal? Dude is the definition of a Revolutionary

Tesla electric motors AND PayPal? Dude is the definition of a Revolutionary
COMPLETELY forgot about Paypal. SMH at myself 
mean.gif

Yeah, all of you who buy shoes in the aftermarket online can thank Elon Musk. Revolutionized the way business is conducted.

The whole Paypal Mafia are a bunch of bosses. Such a solid team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal_Mafia

How exactly was Steve Jobs an innovator?
pixar.....he help give us some of the greatest animated movies and change movies for every plus other countless things. We should praise him for the technology we have today and doors he pushed open for technology

Son really doesn't know who Tom is?

Damn, I'm getting old...

Not everyone is as cool as you bro ...Tom ...yeah that narrows it down.
You couldn't have just answered the man's question?

You sound hurt.

He is Tom, the creator of Myspace.

But really, who doesn't know that? You can literally google "Tom" and he comes up with a sidebar with info...

Last edited:
I think people are lumping in great businessmen with great innovators.

I wouldn't call Gates a great innovator. He was a great businessman that cornered a market but innovation wasn't a strong suite at Microsoft. It still isn't. 

Musk is a great innovator. The dudes behind TPB.  The dudes behind YT.  Peter Thiel as well. Linus Torvalds. Brin and Page. 

I think Jobs has to be considered an innovator. Would the smartphone era have come and developed as quickly without Apple? Probably not. 

Last edited:

I wouldn't call Gates a great innovator. He was a great businessman that cornered a market but innovation wasn't a strong suite at Microsoft. It still isn't. 

Musk is a great innovator. The dudes behind TPB.  The dudes behind YT.  Peter Thiel as well. Linus Torvalds. Brin and Page. 

Even if this is true, he is still a revolutionary and a game changer, thus it is relevant in this thread.

I think Jobs has to be considered an innovator. Would the smartphone era have come and developed as quickly without Apple? Probably not. 

This guy was a game changer. The creator of what started out as a class project ended up turning into the most contributed code to date.

I just peeped TPB:AFK documentary the other day. It's crazy seeing how these guys really lived as opposed to how the media made these guys out.

I def think YT is up there.

Last edited:

Even if this is true, he is still a revolutionary and a game changer, thus it is relevant in this thread.
A monopolist is inherently a game changer. Gates is really no different than Rockefeller or Carnegie. They were revolutionaries when it came to business (and especially in their specific market) but they weren't really technological innovators. 

Windows stifled as much innovation as it put forth. 

There was a great article on this and the basic premise was that MSFT was allowed to operate in the way that it did because it allowed for a faster build-out of the PC era.  

A revolutionary in the PC business? Of course. A revolutionary innovator? Probably not. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom