Who are you most looking forward to in 2010??

Drake...

But I'm more excited for J. Cole's album...

On another note, Jay Electronica hype is slowly building...

Every rapper spit over that Exhibit C record...

Jay-Z Co-signed him during his last interview...

And I heard it playing on Hot 97 the other day...

Depending how his upcoming mixtape does, more people may start noticing him...

def agree wit the homie ^^^ L.O.X and Jay Elec is what im focused on..ill cop drakes album for the fact that he is a talented artist but i could care lessabout hype...wiz is basura if you ask me..my boy had me sittin in traffic bangin that burn after rolling or w.e....
smh.gif

some of you must live on the internet. nobody in real life knows who jay electronica is right now

If you are answering the question asked, the answer is young drizzy. And this is a fact. Its not close.

And word to my man above me, NOBODY really know who Jay Electronica is. Im on the internet everyday and have never heard of him.
Now, out of those people mentioned in this post, if your answering who's the best, then the answer is definately J .Cole imo.

lights please gets mad play here but girls don't even know his name is j. cole, most people i know just know him as the lights please guy right now. hedefinitely does have the second biggest buzz though just off that. and here in NC alot of people i know listen to wiz heavy, but i don't know what his buzzis like in other states

Drake has the biggest hype hands down
But I think Cole and Jay will eventually get theirs too, off of their cosigns, but def not as much

Ppl say J Cole doesn't have that appeal but remember Jay Z didn't want Kanye on the Roc thinking that he didn't have that IT factor and remember atfirst he was doing music with lesser known artists (Talib, Mos, Twista, Common) and now he's one of the biggest names in Rap
If Jay Z does get behind him, with his lyrical ability, he has the potential to be a star IMO

Jay Elect is gonna be little tougher to sell though especially with dude in vids meditating with monks
But he def has major cosigns, Nas, Diddy, Qtip, Just Blaze ,Erykah Badu etc.
How well that works for him and how much that can off set the weirder #%++ remains to be seen
I'm rooting for him though ; the day an artist can be themselves 100% no matter how off it may seem and sell records I will go outside and gladly declare"Hip Hop Is Alive" at the top of my lungs

Plus the game seems to be going back to a more lyricist oriented situation based off of last years freshman ( and would-be freshman)
Granted most who di release did not sell well, but neither are the hip-pop rappers

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Drake has had the biggest hype since '08. His album is suppose to drop this year. None of those other dude's hype even compare. He's almost guaranteed to go plat off w/e his first single is and his hype.

I'm sure some ppl might be anticipating these other dudes more but nobody's hype is bigger than Drake's.

And ftr I like all the rapper's music mentioned way more than Drake's at the moment.

Co-Sign x42387927834

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

at first he was doing music with lesser known artists (Talib, Mos, Twista, Common) and now he's one of the biggest names in Rap
lesser known artist?
indifferent.gif
lesser known artists dontget nominated from grammys b

Originally Posted by SupremeKlientele456

at first he was doing music with lesser known artists (Talib, Mos, Twista, Common) and now he's one of the biggest names in Rap
lesser known artist?
indifferent.gif
lesser known artists dont get nominated from grammys b
The Ecstatic is my #$%!
But lets not act like Mos is doing units

And yes they do nominate lesser known artists
Didn't NYOIL get nominated for a Grammy?
Ever heard of NYOIL?
Thought so

Fall Back

Originally Posted by SupremeKlientele456

lesser known artist?
indifferent.gif
lesser known artists dont get nominated from grammys b
The Ecstatic is my #$%!
But lets not act like Mos is doing units

And yes they do nominate lesser known artists
Didn't NYOIL get nominated for a Grammy?
Ever heard of NYOIL?
Thought so

Fall Back
NYOIL got nominated for a Grammy!?
roll.gif
Don't tell me it wasfor that You $$@##+ Should All Get Lynched song
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
They nominate anyone for Grammys now.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

If you are answering the question asked, the answer is young drizzy. And this is a fact. Its not close.

And word to my man above me, NOBODY really know who Jay Electronica is. Im on the internet everyday and have never heard of him.
Now, out of those people mentioned in this post, if your answering who's the best, then the answer is definately J .Cole imo.
Dammit. I meant to put "Who are you most looking forward to in 2010?" Gotta go change that. I was sleepy last night.

Back
Top Bottom