WHO declares Monkeypox outbreak a global emergency

WHITE HOUSE MONKEYPOX COORDINATOR: ADMINISTERED VIA NEW METHOD, 400,000 VACCINE VIALS CAN PROVIDE UP TO 2 MILLION DOSES TO AMERICANS

:lol: Who cares if people are a bit overly cautious? What a stupid thing to debate. I'll stick to the guidance, hope more directly connected experts do virtual townhalls like covid.

thankfully I wasn't debating peoples right to be overly cautious.
people have the right to do all sorts of rational/irrational things.
you can do whatever you want.

I just don't think people should lie about the current state of the data.

Also the invocation of HIV / AIDS crisis when it comes to disseminating the data
that sex between men has been the main driver of transmission.

is just classic midwit faux profundity.

as if people are suggesting we call monkeypox a "gay disease" and then proceed to do nothing about it.
people learn buzzwords like stigmatization and then proceed to shut off their brains and regurgitate pablum.

Also the invocation of HIV / AIDS crisis when it comes to disseminating the data
that sex between men has been the main driver of transmission.

is just classic midwit faux profundity.

as if people are suggesting we call monkeypox a "gay disease" and then proceed to do nothing about it.
people learn buzzwords like stigmatization and then proceed to shut off their brains and regurgitate pablum.

From a public health perspective calling it a gay disease will do more harm than good. You sure you aren't AmeriKKKan? You underestimate how stupid people in this country are. Redneck Jim Bob and Karen won't take it seriously if it gets labeled a gay disease or STI. There are many modes of transmitting this disease outside of intercourse.

From a public health perspective calling it a gay disease will do more harm than good. You sure you aren't AmeriKKKan? You underestimate how stupid people in this country are. Redneck Jim Bob and Karen won't take it seriously if it gets labeled a gay disease or STI. There are many modes of transmitting this disease outside of intercourse.

I swear man, I'll repeat this for the 150th time.

I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO CALL IT A "GAY DISEASE."

Im saying tell people the accurate information.

Anyone can get it, there are multiple modes of transmission

but right now it's is primarily being spread via sex, and mostly with gay men.

It's not complicated.

I swear man, I'll repeat this for the 150th time.

I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO CALL IT A "GAY DISEASE."

Im saying tell people the accurate information.

Anyone can get it, there are multiple modes of transmission

but right now it's is primarily being spread via sex, and mostly with gay men.

It's not complicated.

Ok insinuating it's an STI or a gay disease will do more harm than good. BIgots will interprete this rhetoric as being immune to it.

don't "play" dumb now. This entire thread has been you blaming gay people for monkey pox. Don't try to downplay it now. :lol:

BIgots will interprete this rhetoric as being immune to it.
Just like they did once it became known that COVID was pretty devastating in some minority communities. All of a sudden, the bigots threw caution out of the window, and here we are.

An important part of communicating to the general public is taking into account the unintended consequences of the message. That's why the emphasis is on what monkey pox is/how it transmits, and not on who is currently affected.

Ok insinuating it's an STI or a gay disease will do more harm than good. BIgots will interprete this rhetoric as being immune to it.
So what lie to them and let vulnerable populations know they face greater risk?

Sounds like a great plan to harm gay people.

don't "play" dumb now. This entire thread has been you blaming gay people for monkey pox. Don't try to downplay it now. :lol:

Please point me to the post where I blamed gay people for monkey pox.

I can't tell if you're trolling me or you legitimately confused.

Just like they did once it became known that COVID was pretty devastating in some minority communities. All of a sudden, the bigots threw caution out of the window, and here we are.

An important part of communicating to the general public is taking into account the unintended consequences of the message. That's why the emphasis is on what monkey pox is/how it transmits, and not on who is currently affected.

Anti gay people couldn't have found a better ally than you guys.

Let's emiserate gay people to cater to bigots.

Very smart and wise public health strategy.

So what lie to them and let vulnerable populations know they face greater risk?

Sounds like a great plan to harm gay people.

Please point me to the post where I blamed gay people for monkey pox.

I can't tell if you're trolling me or you legitimately confused.

Lie to them? I'm pretty sure gay people who are usually liberal understand how to take precautions against viruses. The only lie being told here is acting like they are the only population at risk or them being the "driving force" for infections. I'm not worried about gay people spreading it. I'm more worried about reckless rednecks who will interprete your bigoted rhetoric as them being immune to it.

Lie to them? I'm pretty sure gay people who are usually liberal understand how to take precautions against viruses. The only lie being told here is acting like they are the only population at risk or them being the "driving force" for infections. I'm not worried about gay people spreading it. I'm more worried about reckless rednecks who will interprete your bigoted rhetoric as them being immune to it.

You're constant insistence on lying about what I said is tiresome.

Please get a a grip.

Back
Top Bottom