WHO declares Monkeypox outbreak a global emergency

Osh gonna make everyone pay for this in another thread

Let there be a thread about young progressives be a little too mean, or a toxic white dude catch too much flak, and he gonna get revenge on all the "elite" midwits that wrong him today
ok-training-day.gif

Don't bother. I looked it up and he was banned from the COVID-19 thread by another moderator back in May after telling users who were promoting the continued use of public masking that "The pandemic has been over."

That's what this is about.

While some have suggested that we've moved from the "pandemic phase" to the "endemic phase" (as if this were somehow an inevitable outcome, as opposed to an avoidable one), and people disagree about how to balance mitigation strategies against popular desire for a return to normalcy, it is irresponsible to imply that COVID-19 no longer poses a threat to public health.

Yes, I was banned for quoting Dr Anthony Fauci

"The United States is finally “out of the full-blown explosive pandemic phase” that has led to nearly 1 million deaths from covid-19 and more than two years of suffering and hardship, Anthony S. Fauci, President Biden’s chief medical adviser, said Wednesday."

That makes a lot of sense to get banned by a moderator for quoting the leading health official in the entire United States. Because clearly the mods know more than Dr Fauci.

Aight moving on (finally).

Other than the Vax and not riding busses, how are yall protecting yourselves from the monkey pox?

We are starting school in a few weeks and I'm trying to think how we should message this to kids,/families.

Not trusting the school system will do their part.

Play dumb all you want, but your post/like ratio says alot about the value of your posts.

I'd rather the mods say I was banned because my posts don't get likes instead of gaslighting me as if there was any legitimate basis for the ban.

Aight moving on (finally).

Other than the Vax and not riding busses, how are yall protecting yourselves from the monkey pox?

We are starting school in a few weeks and I'm trying to think how we should message this to kids,/families.

Not trusting the school system will do their part.
this is the info we were given

•Isolate any patients concerning for monkeypox; negative pressure rooms needed only if aerosolizing procedures or behaviors (coughing)
• PPE: same PPE as used in COVID-19, including N-95, EYE PROTECTION, gown and gloves
• Linens and trash are processed per normal hospital procedure, but care should be taken not to shake linens or touch linens / clothing / trash without PPE

this is the info we were given

•Isolate any patients concerning for monkeypox; negative pressure rooms needed only if aerosolizing procedures or behaviors (coughing)
• PPE: same PPE as used in COVID-19, including N-95, EYE PROTECTION, gown and gloves
• Linens and trash are processed per normal hospital procedure, but care should be taken not to shake linens or touch linens / clothing / trash without PPE

Don't forget to put on a condom before examining your patients.

See now I feel lied to, posting "pandemic been over" in the Covid thread isn't a rational opposing viewpoint.

I haven't read every exchange in this back and forth but glad i'm not alone confused who Osh is arguing with. It's like his argument started on Twitter and he decided to finish it here.
If all he was doing was reiterating that monkeypox has disproportionately impacted gay men at this point in the outbreak based on limited data, there would be no argument.

In order to have an argument - which was clearly his objective - he instead had to sprinkle in some shock value and insults to provoke engagement. That's not acting in good faith.

Osh gonna make everyone pay for this in another thread

Let there be a thread about young progressives be a little too mean, or a toxic white dude catch too much flak, and he gonna get revenge on all the "elite" midwits that wrong him today.
He can try, but if he again stoops to petty insults I'm calling it.

I can understand that he probably just wants to vent and likely lacks the self-awareness to recognize how he actually comes across, but we do have rules. I was willing to let it slide when he was only insulting me, but once he felt comfortable enough to start directing the contents of his 4chan folder at whole swaths of people whom he holds in contempt, a line was crossed.

Had I not taken that action, I think we all know what the next twenty pages would've been like.

This thread exists to discuss an urgent and rapidly developing public health crisis. It deserves better.

Yes, I was banned for quoting Dr Anthony Fauci

"The United States is finally “out of the full-blown explosive pandemic phase” that has led to nearly 1 million deaths from covid-19 and more than two years of suffering and hardship, Anthony S. Fauci, President Biden’s chief medical adviser, said Wednesday."

That makes a lot of sense to get banned by a moderator for quoting the leading health official in the entire United States. Because clearly the mods know more than Dr Fauci.

To be clear: the post in question did not quote Dr. Fauci.
With respect to the statement you're now quoting, he added: “I want to clarify one thing. I probably should have said the acute component of the pandemic phase. And I understand how that can lead to some misinterpretation.”

If you felt the pandemic was over, it's hard to see why you would need continued access to the thread.

Regardless, we're not going to relitigate this here. If you still have a problem, you can discuss it via PM or email our support team.

i legit get shook when a kid with chickenpox comes in to our hospital cause i've never had it (even though im vaccinated).
i can't do monkeypox. nah fam.

i legit get shook when a kid with chickenpox comes in to our hospital cause i've never had it (even though im vaccinated).
i can't do monkeypox. nah fam.

Getting chicken pox as an adult is deadlier and has more complications. I'm glad I got it as a kid. All I gotta worry about now is shingles.

I want zero parts of any of that sh

I had Covid in may and ended up with a mild persistent cough that wouldn’t go away for 2 months.. ended up having to take a steroid for 3 weeks and using an inhaler to finally get that shh to go away

What happened to our ability, as a country, to appropriately respond to these outbreaks in the early stages?

We used to have quarantine protocols in place to kill the spread, but it seems that health agencies haven't done much this time (other than inform the population).

I want zero parts of any of that sh

I had Covid in may and ended up with a mild persistent cough that wouldn’t go away for 2 months.. ended up having to take a steroid for 3 weeks and using an inhaler to finally get that shh to go away

Glad you’re feeling better

What happened to our ability, as a country, to appropriately respond to these outbreaks in the early stages?

We used to have quarantine protocols in place to kill the spread, but it seems that health agencies haven't done much this time (other than inform the population).

Keep in mind that many states neutered their public health authorities during the pandemic

Our public health infrastructure was set up to go through the states and it worked well enough so long as the people running the states were interested in stopping the spread of disease

Now that half the state's governors don't actually care about their residents being sick it's not so great

State and local public health spending has been flat or declining for a decade+ and Federal funding for it has slowly been chipped away

Back
Top Bottom