Who has a better success story than JK Rowling though?

al audi

Banned
im not even into harry potter, never seen or read the books
just read how this weekend the movie broke US box office records and world wide is like 476 mill for the weekend

mother on welfare to multi mill within a few years, to billionaire status off just bein an author of children books i just find this lady to be really inspirational.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

maybe she is on par with oprah, maybe not.

im not even into harry potter, never seen or read the books
just read how this weekend the movie broke US box office records and world wide is like 476 mill for the weekend

mother on welfare to multi mill within a few years, to billionaire status off just bein an author of children books i just find this lady to be really inspirational.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

maybe she is on par with oprah, maybe not.

Bill Gates?

The guy that owns Virgin Records?

Barack Obama?

You done goofed on this one.

Bill Gates?

Barack Obama?

Originally Posted by WiLLMaTiC

Bill Gates?

Barack Obama?

Compared to what these people do to a children's book author, I would say she definitely has the better success story.

Bill Gates?

Barack Obama?

Compared to what these people do to a children's book author, I would say she definitely has the better success story.

Bill Gates?

Barack Obama?

i guess it depends on how you look at it though
look at how fast she attained her wealth......based on what she did an her status before that.

maybe i am off

Failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy to finishing the only work that mattered to me. Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found the determination to succeed in the one area where I truly belonged. I was set free, because my greatest fear had been realized, and I was still alive, and I still had a daughter whom I adored, and I had an old typewriter, and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. – J. K. Rowling, Harvard commencement address, 2008

Bill Gates?

Barack Obama?

i guess it depends on how you look at it though
look at how fast she attained her wealth......based on what she did an her status before that.

maybe i am off

Failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy to finishing the only work that mattered to me. Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found the determination to succeed in the one area where I truly belonged. I was set free, because my greatest fear had been realized, and I was still alive, and I still had a daughter whom I adored, and I had an old typewriter, and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. – J. K. Rowling, Harvard commencement address, 2008

I must say that you should probably do yourself a favor and read the books. The books are CRACK...really tough to put down once you start. The movies just don't do the books justice.

Has to be one of the best fictional series I've read and I've read quite a number of books in my day.

I must say that you should probably do yourself a favor and read the books. The books are CRACK...really tough to put down once you start. The movies just don't do the books justice.

Has to be one of the best fictional series I've read and I've read quite a number of books in my day.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Bill Gates?

Barack Obama?

But you're relating success to money. Just because she became a billionaire off of books doesn't mean she is more successful than Obama that didn't come from much and ended up going to prestigious universities and becoming the first black president in the 235 years of America

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Bill Gates?

Barack Obama?

But you're relating success to money. Just because she became a billionaire off of books doesn't mean she is more successful than Obama that didn't come from much and ended up going to prestigious universities and becoming the first black president in the 235 years of America

Chris Gardner.

The guy was homeless and made it back all the way to the top of wall street and is now a millionaire.

Chris Gardner.

The guy was homeless and made it back all the way to the top of wall street and is now a millionaire.

Back
Top Bottom