Who has been Homeless?

Has anyone on NT ever been homeless and gotten back on their feet? I'm looking for stories from people aged 18- 35 . I need the motivation! I've held different jobs in certain corporations but weren't able to keep them without a decent place to live. I now live in Albany, NY again same area I almost graduated college and lost my gf of six years.

damn, i know there was an NTer that was homeless. He was going to make his way to the bay area and some NTers were gonna help with whatever they did, hope they can help you bro.

I heard alot of stories on NT of homelessness. Alot of time its Military time. I remember one was asking for help getting into a homeless shelter.

Yea it sucks. Living out of the car is no bueno.
Luckily for me i have a very supportive family,
but still bouncing from relative to relative wasnt a good look.

Finishing trucking school in two weeks and i should be on the road in a month.
Having a plan is the best approach. Bouncing back is hard but it CAN happen.
You really have to WANT it, i mean bad.
good luck.

Originally Posted by mholmes87

Yea it sucks. Living out of the car is no bueno.
Luckily for me i have a very supportive family,
but still bouncing from relative to relative wasnt a good look.

Finishing trucking school in two weeks and i should be on the road in a month.
Having a plan is the best approach. Bouncing back is hard but it CAN happen.
You really have to WANT it, i mean bad.
good luck.

I want it bad. I'm writing lyrics still its weird because I collect SSI and am still doing music. I'm sacrificing my life because I love my passion. Ima be living in a residence soon. I can't apply for financial aid for 8 months. I'm still looking for a job doe. My family is the epitome of a black broken down home. Only care about themselves. It sucks sometimes.

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

damn, i know there was an NTer that was homeless. He was going to make his way to the bay area and some NTers were gonna help with whatever they did, hope they can help you bro.

I remember that thread. I wonder if dude made it out here alright

Originally Posted by natrix916

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

I remember that thread. I wonder if dude made it out here alright

I think there is a bunch of new NTers on because the threads be different. Plus I've always been myself on NT and got shown love. This is my 2nd name and I've gotten respect off both aliases.. now dudes act like they don't see me.

i had to live in a out of my car when i was 20 for atleast a year or so 
tired.gif
.. but now im 22 and im doing okay for myself. Im not rich by any means but i cant complain because when your on your own its a hard struggle. i just kept  level headed and didnt let it break me. i always thought of "if you think you got it bad, someone has it worst." Those were my words of motivation to keep me going. Call me a bad person or whatever but i dated girls that had a place so i could crash until i could get back on my feet. i did everything and anything i could to survive.
ohwell.gif
 watch SPREAD by ashton kutcher it was like the story of my life. 
grin.gif

Best of luck to you OP in your trials and tribulations. Sorry to hear about that breh.

There's a way, jut keep going. Hit up that motivational thread too man, Just keep going!

Fortunately have never had it that bad. Big ups to the NTers that have gotten out of that situation.

lived in the my car and eventually the park, for about 1 year. did crime to support a nasty ice habit and slept on a towel that i stole from the YMCA. eventually checked into rehab and now i'm one of the main admins at that rehab. now i'm paying mortgage on a nice little place. own my car. have a decent bank account. have some decent investments. have a great gf who is currently preggo with my kid. about to buy a ring. i am so damn blessed at having the experience of living at both ends of the spectrum. because of the hard times, i cherish everything that comes my way - no matter how small - its all big to me. i generally live my life in a perpetual state of gratitude. tough it out and some day you'll look back and understand.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

lived in the my car and eventually the park, for about 1 year. did crime to support a nasty ice habit and slept on a towel that i stole from the YMCA. eventually checked into rehab and now i'm one of the main admins at that rehab. now i'm paying mortgage on a nice little place. own my car. have a decent bank account. have some decent investments. have a great gf who is currently preggo with my kid. about to buy a ring. i am so damn blessed at having the experience of living at both ends of the spectrum. because of the hard times, i cherish everything that comes my way - no matter how small - its all big to me. i generally live my life in a perpetual state of gratitude. tough it out and some day you'll look back and understand.

Man you cleaned up and lucked out

Hold your head bro just gotta keep pushing good things are sure to come your way ..I live in Albany also

pimp.gif

You had a corporate job? Or just jobs at a corporation... Like retail?

I hope your not one of those peeps that wants to make it on top in one step. Many times I hear dudes complain cause they wont get that 50k job and will overlook many small opportunities.

You gotta take steps... Take anything you can get. If your hungry then get fed. Just dont be too picky

it seems you also have a raping thing going.... Again dont be one of those dudes that stays raping but is blind to the reality of the situation....sometimes the flow aint good...sometimes the flow is good but not good enough.

Just keep it real

had one of the realest talks i've ever had w/ an NTer about this with you, never forget this story

When I was kicked out from my mom's house when 17, I didn't know how to get my mind straight. There were days that I didn't get to eat any food, hanging out with druggies at the time wasn't helping my situation. I stopped taking drugs and worked every minium wage job there is, I hated working but it worth getting a hot meal and shelter over my head. I'm currently going to school for engineering and business management, if you strive for success as much you want to breathe, success will come to you.

My man 
pimp.gif

Congratulations to you, and good luck the rest of the way.

pimp.gif
props fam; you seem to be one of the coolest NTer too

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Man you cleaned up and lucked out worked your +#$ off

Fixed, nothing but respect for you.

Back
Top Bottom