Who here is involved in Greek life in their college/university? Vol. Is it worth it?

was trying to decide whether i should try and get in a fraternity at college next year

ive heard some of the things you have to get in are
sick.gif
though
NTers, how do you guys like it?
is it worth it?

most schools have an anti hazing policy, so it shouldn't be that bad.......... right?
ohwell.gif

anyway, i was considering it but i'm a little hesitant. the fact that i have my own friends outside of school (who aren't into the whole greek life thing) kinda stops me.

for me it was most fun i had bar none plus depending on your chapter and how they run you get chances to actually grow as a person

it's especially good if you're away from home

One of the best decisions of my life. As for the pledging, its the most fun I'd NEVER wanna have again. No other way to explain it.

The only ones worth joining IMO are either the professional or medical or honor society Greek Organizations. Reason why I say this is because this can help you out in the long run in terms of finding jobs and networking, but then the same can be said about the social ones as well.

Me personally, I don't it makes any sense to join a social frat. I feel people who join those frats have no friends and need an excuse to party
laugh.gif

Pledging is the worst experience in my life. It was funny at times (afterwards), but during the process is pure hell.

"anti hazing policy" is so lulz.

i heard that if you dont put carrots in your butt, they will "DP" you....whatever that means.

Just ask yourself this: "Do I lack the self esteem to make my own friends, so I have to pay for a bunch of fake ones? Do I really need to be accepted in a college of thousands that could care less anyways? Do I have to go through a weeks-long process of building brotherhood, bonds and strengths aka humiliation where I will be stripped of all my dignity for 'friends'?"

Friends don't let friends pledge.

Well, this is coming from a standpoint in which I have only observed from Asian greeks which IMO are a joke and they hold no true weight or benefits. I'm sure the more established Greeks would probably be beneficial in terms of networking and maybe other career options.

Idk, all the "hey bro, hey big sis, hey little, hey pbro, hey lil bro, gosuckadeebro" is silly

the most important question is what school are you going to?

Greek life varies unbelievably campus to campus in terms of living, value, hazing etc. Tell me your school and I can give you some advice.

btw, can some of you guys state what you guys had to do during pledging? (i know some frats dont allow talking about the activities, but if you can, that would be cool + helpful)

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

Pledging is the worst experience in my life. It was funny at times (afterwards), but during the process is pure hell.
Be the realest ++%$ I ever quote.

and for all the future posters in this thread... '06

GREEK LIFE IS THE BEST. I mean you get all the freshmen Girls...so great hahah(only 20 btw) lol

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

btw, can some of you guys state what you guys had to do during pledging? (i know some frats dont allow talking about the activities, but if you can, that would be cool + helpful)

Differs between fraternities. Expect physical hazing, degrading, cleaning, and food hazing. "Blood sweat and tears".

What you mean "some" frats. ALL frats won't tell you their hazing policy. Anti-hazing is stupid, and MCGC counsel can't even regulate hazing.

Originally Posted by dejahnw

GREEK LIFE IS THE BEST. I mean you get all the freshmen Girls...so great hahah(only 20 btw) lol
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So you joined a frat just to [/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]smash[/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] "get girls"[/color]

roll.gif

Originally Posted by dejahnw

I was smashing all grade levels and I had no allegiance to any fraternity.

Does that make me cooler than your frat? Will they pledge for the opportunity to hang out with me?

My old roomate joined a frat and it was hard as hell for him when he went thru the pledging process. I was considering joining it too, until I found out you had to pay a $1000+ to even get a chance to pledge. F that.

NT hate should be here shortly, everyone assumes i'm a kappa lol but i'm not in any frat. Having graduated if I had a chance to go to undergrad again I would pledge.

How many of yall had to play that cookie game?
laugh.gif
sick.gif

I guess if you like stepping, yelling like you have no sense, and jumping around with giant candy canes then I say go for it

buying friends n gettin beat jus to put non-English letters on a shirt FTL...ill take a pass

Back
Top Bottom