Who in General is still into sneakers but just keeps a small rotation now???

I'm starting to think it's time for me to dial back. I've taken several breaks over the years due to life circumstances, but now I'm hitting a point where I've got most of my grails. I'm in dress shoes 5 days a week and whenever I want a pair of go to sneakers it's usually a pair of Frees to hit the gym or a pair of Air Maxes. I've tried to use the same rule as the OP (buy one, sell one) which has allowed me to get rid of shoes that no longer fit my taste and kept my numbers in check (slightly under 100). Nowadays I get more joy out of hunting down grails on eBay since the quality difference is night and day. I've avoided getting into Kobe's and LeBron's so I think I'll be ready to put this hobby to bed next year other than the occasional Nike Retro purchase for nostalgia purposes. I've always managed my money well so if anything, it'll just be more bread to put into another hobby like a new set of wheels.

Back when I was in high school I used to rock everything right after I copped, but now I find I buy a lot of stuff that I don't wear for months or years. I used to get all excited to "break necks", but now I could really care less. I live in a part of Canada where very few even care about sneakers so it's not like I ever used to get all that much recognition when I rocked heat. I have about 10 pairs of beaters that I rock consistently and then once in a while I pull out some heat. I'd say my interest hasn't really dipped that much though; I'm still only 20.

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

^ are you a sze 11? hahah !!

if youre willing to do international shipping then, send me some shoes!
I got a pair of beat size 11 AJ 10's that you can use for ball. Just pay for shipping and they're yours bruh.
laugh.gif

Serious

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

This is what I have DS (yes, I have a spreadsheet for this
laugh.gif
).

[table][tr][td]Model[/td][td]Colorway[/td][td]Year Released[/td][td]Style Number[/td][td]Retail[/td][td]Size[/td][/tr][tr][td]Air Jordan 11 Retro[/td][td]Black/Varsity Red-White[/td][td]2001[/td][td]136046 061[/td][td]$125 [/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Air Jordan 7 Retro[/td][td]White/French Blue-Flint Grey[/td][td]2002[/td][td]304775 141[/td][td]$125 [/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Air Jordan 3 Retro[/td][td]White/Cement Grey-Fire Red[/td][td]2003[/td][td]136064 102[/td][td]$100 [/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Air Jordan 8 Retro[/td][td]Black/Chrome[/td][td]2003[/td][td]305381 001[/td][td]$135 [/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Air Zoom Generation(1st Game)[/td][td]Wht/Wht-Midn Nvy-Var Crimson[/td][td]2003[/td][td]308214 112[/td][td]$115 [/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jordan LE[/td][td]Multi/Multi[/td][td]2006[/td][td]313124 991[/td][td]$295 [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Air Jordan 6 Retro[/td][td]Black/Metallic Gold[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Air Jordan 11 Retro[/td][td]White/Metallic Gold-Black[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]AJ6 Infrared Pack[/td][td]Multi-Color/Multi-Color[/td][td]2010[/td][td]398850 901[/td][td]$310 [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Air Jordan 6 Retro[/td][td]Black/Infrared[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Air Foamposite One NRG[/td][td]Obsidian/Anthracite-Black[/td][td]2012[/td][td]521286 800[/td][td]$220 [/td][td]8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lebron 9 P.S. Elite[/td][td]Wlf Gry/Mnt Cndy-Nw Grn-Pnk Fl[/td][td]2012[/td][td]516958 001[/td][td]$250 [/td][td]8.5[/td][/tr][/table]
Shoes I actually wear are dress shoes, A.P.C. luxury sneakers, Clarks desert boots, mint galaxys, and free runs.

I plan on wearing all the kicks I have DS eventually. I'm moving into my own condo for the first time the 28th of this month and am REALLY tempted to sell some stuff I have DS to get a big TV, stereo system, and some other stuff like furnishings.

Just sell em, before they disintegrate on your feet.

I have shrunk my collection now multiple times and am still well over 100 pairs. The thing is I don't have the time anymore to sell them. I plan on hitting up RIF & FCLA soon and do a major drop off of the DS stuff I have. As for my worn shoes I probably will donate to the Veterans, which is where I always donate clothes and other house hold items. I was able to separate what I wanted to keep in rotation and it's still over 40 pairs
30t6p3b.gif

what makes things worse is my latest addiction; the Roshe
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

So they have a special nostalgic meaning to me.

^ This is probably why I'm having a hard time letting my pairs go. That probably qualifies for a mild case of OCD
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

Don't really keep track of new releases anymore. I work from 7 - 4 everyday so all I wear there are khakis, dress shoes, and a dress shirt. Only time I'm wearing sneakers is to lift, ball, or go out on the weekends or something. Once I go back to school, I'm sure I'll get into it again but I just can't justify buying kicks I will never wear, Nowadays I spend most of my extra money on golf which has been a very rewarding and fulfilling investment so far /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smoking.gif

Turning 31 soon and I have trimmed down my collection to just over 40 pairs of all grails and shoes that I couldn't afford when I was younger.......sold everything on Ebay these past months.....Still have 30 more pairs to go! 

I own just over 30 pairs, i really only buy shoes that I didn't get growing up. Lately I been buying nike running shoes ie Lunars and free runs.

Back
Top Bottom