Who is on your Mt. Rushmore of Pro Athletes from your city/area???

From the Bay here so I’d have to go:

Jerry Rice - GOAT football player ever.

Barry Bonds - hate him but his numbers and impact undeniable.

Rickey Henderson - Greatest A’s player.

Steph Curry - by the time he’s done, who knows may be top 10 NBA player ever.

Honorable mention:

Joe Montana
Willie Mays
Rick Barry?

Discuss...

Griffey, Payton, Largent, Edgar

Russ will replace Edgar at some point, but Edgar is so loved around here I had to put him up there.

4 for Boston Sports is tough:

Brady
Orr
Ted Williams
Russell (or Bird)

honorable mentions:
dozens :lol:

Last edited:
Barry Bonds, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Willie Mays is the correct answer for the Bay Area. (with Steph Curry knocking on the door)

Smart. End of Mount Rushmore season. Almost power rankings season.

I’m from Maine. No one cares about or knows local athletes

What’s the qualifications, years played/majority prime years?

Seattle:

NBA: Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp
NFL: Steve Largent/Marshawn Lynch/Russell Wilson
MLB: Ken Griffey Jr/Ichiro

At this point I’d say: GP & Kemp, Russell, and The Kid.

As for Bonds, I’m a Dodgers fan and absolutely hate the Giants but that man is top 3 GOAT in baseball IMO. Just being honest.

Seattle:

As for Bonds, I’m a Dodgers fan and absolutely hate the Giants but that man is top 3 GOAT in baseball IMO. Just being honest.

There's always someone that makes it way too difficult. :lol: Just name 4 damn players.

There's always someone that makes it way too difficult. :lol: Just name 4 damn players.

Haha I’m just sayin blood! After GP, Ray Allen was my favorite Sonic even though he was only here 4 years. I mean damn, what if I said KD?

Haha I’m just sayin blood! After GP, Ray Allen was my favorite Sonic even though he was only here 4 years. I mean damn, what if I said KD?

I would say the impact on sports in Seattle. Not who played for Seattle at some point and also was great. That would include the likes of Rice and Moon and such if you did that.

^^^
I can dig it. For Seattle the consensus is most definitely GP, Kemp, and Griffey, but the Seahawk becomes unclear depending on who you ask. Some will say Largent, modern blood will say Russell, but Marshawn resonated with me a lot and is my Seahawk on there.

Seattle:

At this point I’d say: GP & Kemp, Russell, and The Kid.

Barry should def make the hall of fame within the next few years

This thread is confusing as hell.

We talking about pro athletes that are actually from our town or are we talking about ones that played professionally for our nearby city?

We talking about pro athletes that are actually from our town or are we talking about ones that played professionally for our nearby city?

based on the answers....i think it's clear :lol:

Jerry Rice is from ****ing Mississippi, but OP stated he was from the Bay Area and had Jerry Rice, so I'm not sure what's confusing. Damn. Ya'll would struggle in OG NT world. :lol: Stuff like this is all we did.

This Bama got Kemba Walker and Cam Newton to look at

i-49.png
download (1).jpeg
8dcbfe27f3bb5fa6f1a70c9fc073d82c.jpg

Newport News Va

Back
Top Bottom