Who is the better rapper......Ma$e or Young Jeezy???

Ahh... there's the assumption I was waiting for. No, I don't sell drugs
smh.gif
. Thank you for being so predictably off..

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Ahh... there's the assumption I was waiting for. No, I don't sell drugs
smh.gif
. Thank you for being so predictably off..
Send me a link to one of your mixtapes.... I curious hear what you rap about

if 2 people are doing the SAME thing, in this case "Rapping" If one's (Jeezy) career has been more fruitful (in damn near EVERY level of thegame) & Ma$e hasn't been nearly successful @ ANYthing music related for a decade plus, how can he be better than him, when they're doin the SAMEthing?? Some of you JUST don't get it . . . Obviously I understand what Rilla is sayin, and IMO he's the ONLY one in this thread making sense (otherthan myself), I guess we're both just looking at it from an "Artists Perspective" . . . If he was considered such a GOOD rapper, I'm surethere's a GOOD record exec that's dying to see an album drop and have some GOOD sales, so why is Ma$e on the shelf?? Is it because he hasn't beenHOT in 12 years or is he just gonna come out and go over the average consumers head?? I wanna know . . .

I think yall are getting it confused a bit, Ma$e USED to be that dude for a lil while (Check the S/N) but that time has come and gone, if he were a superiorRAPPER he would've atleast gained HIS own spot back, but he can't, from Fab to 50 to Loon, they all borrowed that lazy flow and are doin their thing,as far as Jeezy EVERY week there's a new imitation of him coming out from Rick FRAUD to Rocko to Shawty Lo, but Jeezy spot is solidified, meanwhile Ma$ecan't even get off the shelf at SRC . . . After than Akon FLOP they're prolly desperate for someone to save the day, you see how they haven'tcalled on him yet, but you have Jeezy on the most important Hip Hop Label on the planet and he's one of the labels Go-To-Guys . . . So you tell me how Maseis better?? Cause of some verses he wrote back in 96 before he changed his style for about the 7 or 8th time . . .

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Ma$e was the definition of a real @#%!%!

Jerome{( Stop the presses!! )}Jerome ....

laugh.gif
... Not where I'm from.

Mase for the topic & I didnt even eff w/ him really. I listen to Jeezy more ....

DearWinter219 wrote:
Pmighty wrote:
laugh.gif

how many ___ out remember the
1st time you tried to take a girls virginity
and lost your coo cuz you aint know what to tell all your ___ in school
>>>>>>anything jeezy will ever do

Mason Betha to answer op's question
whos the better rapper
laugh.gif

Yeah right...
Trap or Die mixtape > Harlem World <<< Jeezy's career.
seriously
indifferent.gif
cmon now (mark)youre better than that(jackson)
and why take the shot at GUCCI!
laugh.gif
but since you brought him up
gucci!>>>jeezy

Pssh, I meant what I said. ToDmt is one of the best products ever released out of Georgia.

wow you on some other shh today yo
laugh.gif
. That aint top nothin unless youtalkin top jeezy mixtapes or mixtape of that year or some weird shh like that. too much good music has come out of georgia for that to be considered foranything. Maybe i need to hear it again jus off of g.p. cuz the trap or die i heard wasnt even that hot. damn the drought 3 thread dude dre shouldve made athread about todmt

Originally Posted by Pmighty

DearWinter219 wrote:
Pmighty wrote:
laugh.gif

how many ___ out remember the
1st time you tried to take a girls virginity
and lost your coo cuz you aint know what to tell all your ___ in school
>>>>>>anything jeezy will ever do

Mason Betha to answer op's question
whos the better rapper
laugh.gif

Yeah right...
Trap or Die mixtape > Harlem World <<< Jeezy's career.
seriously
indifferent.gif
cmon now (mark)youre better than that(jackson)
and why take the shot at GUCCI!
laugh.gif
but since you brought him up
gucci!>>>jeezy

Pssh, I meant what I said. ToDmt is one of the best products ever released out of Georgia.

wow you on some other shh today yo
laugh.gif
. That aint top nothin unless you talkin top jeezy mixtapes or mixtape of that year or some weird shh like that. too much good music has come out of georgia for that to be considered for anything. Maybe i need to hear it again jus off of g.p. cuz the trap or die i heard wasnt even that hot. damn the drought 3 thread dude dre shouldve made a thread about todmt
eek.gif

stop playing fam... DON'T play with me like that.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

if 2 people are doing the SAME thing, in this case "Rapping" If one's (Jeezy) career has been more fruitful (in damn near EVERY level of the
game) & Ma$e hasn't been nearly successful @ ANYthing music related for a decade plus, how can he be better than him, when they're doin the SAME
thing?? Some of you JUST don't get it . . . Obviously I understand what Rilla is sayin, and IMO he's the ONLY one in this thread making sense (other
than myself), I guess we're both just looking at it from an "Artists Perspective" . . . If he was considered such a GOOD rapper, I'm sure
there's a GOOD record exec that's dying to see an album drop and have some GOOD sales, so why is Ma$e on the shelf?? Is it because he hasn't been
HOT in 12 years or is he just gonna come out and go over the average consumers head?? I wanna know . . .

I think yall are getting it confused a bit, Ma$e USED to be that dude for a lil while (Check the S/N) but that time has come and gone, if he were a superior
RAPPER he would've atleast gained HIS own spot back, but he can't, from Fab to 50 to Loon, they all borrowed that lazy flow and are doin their thing,
as far as Jeezy EVERY week there's a new imitation of him coming out from Rick FRAUD to Rocko to Shawty Lo, but Jeezy spot is solidified, meanwhile Ma$e
can't even get off the shelf at SRC . . . After than Akon FLOP they're prolly desperate for someone to save the day, you see how they haven't
called on him yet, but you have Jeezy on the most important Hip Hop Label on the planet and he's one of the labels Go-To-Guys . . . So you tell me how Mase
is better?? Cause of some verses he wrote back in 96 before he changed his style for about the 7 or 8th time . . .

Are you assuming people think he's better now? If so that makes absolutely no sense. That kind of thing shouldn't have to be clarified. Of course Maseisn't better now, that's absurd.

Regardless, from a musical perspective I'll take Harlem World and his work w/ COTC over anything Jeezy has ever done. I'm a Jeezy fan and I don'tthink the comparison is as outlandish as people have made it seem, it's all opinion anyway. But how are you gonna compare a present day Jeezy at the heightof his career to a present day Mase? Mase is irrelevant now, I hope people aren't still checking for him. I can't even name anything he put out withGunit.

The question is "Who Is A BETTER Rapper, Ma$e or Young Jeezy"

Its not who was better in 1997 who was better summer of 2005, its who is a BETTER rapper, I'm taking EVERYthing into account, from Ma$e Children Of TheCorn false glory people who otherwise would hate on him are referencing to, up until Feb 3rd 2009 . . . I just dont see how many one can look and say a guy whohasn't been relevant in 12 years is better than someone who is relevant now . . . There are dead rappers, retired rappers, incarcerated rappers, that havemore of a BUZZ than Ma$e, as I said before RAPPERS are measured on HOTness, an MCs are measured on GOODness (or Skill level) . . . I don't see what'sto hard to understand about that . . . There are MCs, Lyricists, and RAPPERS . . . not everyone is gonna understand this statement, not everyone is meant to .. .

squares and rectangles..... rappers and lyricists.... buzz and talent..... it ain't that comnplicated

Nay doesn't like anything.

Except Biggie, Illmatic, and faux coogi sweaters.

The sooner y'all realize this, the better.

laugh.gif
wink.gif

I'm pretty sure I understand exactly what he's saying.

In short he's saying Jeezy's career has been more successul than Mace's.

But I don't care if record execs don't give a @!!! about Mase today, I sure as hell don't.

I also don't care what's popular and who's more prominant, to me Mace's best work is more enjoyable than Jeezy's.

If I'm missing some crucial point here please enlighten me.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Dre

Harlem World was one of my FAV albums . . . When I was in 7th grade.

But when your comparing RAPPERS, everything you JUST said you don't care about is the EXACT criteria a RAPPER is measured by . . .

laugh.gif
at "not everybody's going to understand that, not everybody is meant to."

Even though the thread title did say "rapper" now that you've clarified I see what you're saying and I agree.

Back
Top Bottom