Who is the most beloved athlete of All-Time?

Its Muhammad Ali you have to think globally from being a Olympic gold medalist , Not going to Nam (which people liked and disliked ) , Fighting all over the world (Thilla in Manilla), Zimbabwe (Ali Bomaye) The world pretty much loves the man

Jordan? A ton of people hate Jordan to this day. Respect his game but a lot of people hate him, there's a distinct difference there.

I think a lot of people don't understand how much people disliked Ali then for dodging the draft and how much it rubbed people the wrong way how he treated and degraded Joe Frazier after seeing how close they were.

There are more than a few people who don't like Pujols and are just waiting for him to test positive.

Manny Pacquaio and Marty Brodeur both have a ton of haters as well.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

muhammad_ali_versus_sonny_liston.jpg

Just took my kids to the Ali Center for the 5th time Sunday. They LOVE it there.

It really depends on what you're asking, specifically... Are we talking about beloved in the U.S. or worldwide?  During their career or overall scope of history?  Beloved by many (and maybe hated by a few) or simply tolerated by mostly everyone?

Those that should be in the conversation depending on the criteria: Muhammad Ali, Pele, Roberto Clemente, Jackie Robinson, Wayne Gretzky, Walter Payton, Magic Johnson, Lou Gherig...

laugh.gif
at people naming athletes that are simply generally "not hated" or "tolerated" as being "beloved."  Y'all can't be serious with some of these names... like who is Penny really beloved by?  Sneakerheads?  We're talking about the "most beloved athlete of all-time"... almost no one cares enough about Penny for him to be "beloved."  Deion Sanders?  Ray Lewis?  LaDanian Tomlinson?  Jamal Crawford?
roll.gif

The way Mextra put it, I kinda get the Ali point now. But still, he had/has plenty of people who disliked him.

Originally Posted by kcirtap7

12b16d130a54c071d8aed145b56cde793d29c22b_r.jpg

Butterbean!! He's such a teddy bear! How can u hate him

Hahaha butterbean is such a teddy bear I would hug him if I see him walking down the street!

Muhammed Ali is still viewed as a draft dodger by some.

I think that Pele is beloved by almost everyone except for Argentines (who think Maradona is better). Pele is a global icon who is respected in all 4 corners of the globe.

Ashe is a good one.....

Yeah it is hard to distinguish between beloved NOW? During career? Because during career Ali would NOT be on that list

Back
Top Bottom