Who is your pick for the MVP this season so far? (NBA)

Who is your pick for the MVP this season so far? (NBA)

• Stephen Curry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Harden

• Russell Westbrook

• LeBron James

• Others (name them)

• Total voters
damn very bad decision of westbrook at the clutch tonight

shouldve kicked it to ibaka on the last offense procession

This is just a Westbrook appreciation thread in disguise :lol:

The real question should be why would Harden not deserve the award...

The real question should be why would Harden not deserve the award...

His game relies on calls and defense is too weak for an MVP.

Where would OKC be if Russell was out? He has literally carried that team. If Russell was out, OKC isn't in the playoffs. I think Houston and GS are in the playoffs without either of their players.

Seriously, I think Westbrook is the best player in the NBA right now statistically but he probably won't win because of his team record. Also, LeBron probably won't win it either because at this point Curry and Harden is more valuable than him. If i have to bet, I would put my money on Curry just because he is the best player on the best team at this point.

However, the above is just my opinion. Feel free to comment. 

THIS.
Westbrook would win it if OKC have at least the 2nd best record in the the Western Conference or so. At the moment
Stephen Curry seems to be the top favorite, followed closely by James Harden. Lebron would be rather tied with Westbrook
for the 3rd place. We know Lebron can put up better numbers but with the current Cavs roster there is no need.

Where would OKC be if Russell was out? He has literally carried that team. If Russell was out, OKC isn't in the playoffs. I think Houston and GS are in the playoffs without either of their players.

Nash won back to back MVPs while his whole TEAM got roasted on defense. If Russell was out we wouldn't know how they would fair with all the new players they acquired. If you seriously think Houston has a top 4 seed let alone make the playoffs without Howard and Harden then I can't take you seriously...they have no playmakers on that team :lol:

1. Harden
2. Curry
3. LeBron & Westbrook (tie)
5. Paul
6. Davis

Ridiculous MVP race this year.

Close race indeed but people have to understand that Adam Silver isn't going to factor in Harden's phantom calls and porous defense when it happens during every other NBA game being played daily

dude really thinks the Warriors would be anything more than an 8th seed without Steph? Rockets would be a playoff team without Harden and Dwight injured? Ok.

Harden as improved on defense this year.

Jones and Howard are on pace to miss half the season 

So you are basically left with 

Bev/Terry?Prigioni

Brewer/McDaniels

Ariza

Josh Smith 

D-Mo/Dorsey

Quote From Lillard 

"I think it's James Harden. It is close between him and Steph, but I think James Harden because I mean, Steph is playing great but I think Steph with Klay out there, Draymond, Iguodala, Harrison...they are so deep that he is just making plays and giving it around and you know they making shots...he is being him. I think with James, he doesn't have as much. Dwight has been hurt. They number 3 in the West and that is tough. He is making plays, rebounding, improved defender, leading in scoring. I don't think you can say record in the West, that Steph's team is number 1 anymore because the West is tough, period. 3 losses and that gap is closed. That just makes it even more impressive to hold them to homecourt with Dwight being out and him having to produce at such a high level every game. That is tough."

dude really thinks the Warriors would be anything more than an 8th seed without Steph? Rockets would be a playoff team without Harden and Dwight injured? Ok.

You trippin if you think the Warriors would JUST be a 8th seed without Steph. Our team is pretty deep. You buggin if you think it's all Steph that's putting us atop the West.

When people use the "If you take ________ off the team" argument, do they mean off the team and no one taking his place or off the team with an average player at the respective position taking his place?

without steph warriors would barely be better than dallas and san antonio. 6th seed at best without him.

Without Bogut, they'd be in the same boat and a first round exit. Not that it takes anything away from his MVP case. I don't think they're suffering that much without Klay. I think they'd make up the points but maybe the defense he brings at the 2 would knock em down a win or two?

I think it's Harden's right now. The top four is insanely close to me with Paul not that far behind as well.

if he's over hyped then he's not worthy of mvp over harden?

It's not that. I'm just saying you make it seem like Steph is the only reason they're # 1 and without him they drop off like crazy. This team is deep as hell. From Dray, to Klay, to Bogut, to even Iggy and Livingston. Hell even Mo Speights had a nice run earlier in the season. The squad is deep this year.

When people use the "If you take ________ off the team" argument, do they mean off the team and no one taking his place or off the team with an average player at the respective position taking his place?

It's such a stupid argument :lol:

if he's over hyped then he's not worthy of mvp over harden?

It's not that. I'm just saying you make it seem like Steph is the only reason they're # 1 and without him they drop off like crazy. This team is deep as hell. From Dray, to Klay, to Bogut, to even Iggy and Livingston. Hell even Mo Speights had a nice run earlier in the season. The squad is deep this year.
The drop off when he sits is crazy though.

Back
Top Bottom