Who remembers when wearing a (G) grays baseball cap was the style? Vol. trend in '99-'00 in nyc

I still got my Homestead Grays jersey
pimp.gif

i used to want one of those hats!!! never got one though cuz i could never find my size.

I had the NY Cubans one back in 2000-01 (11th grade)
laugh.gif

Cats in NY started rocking those Negro league caps and jerseys like in the early to mid 90s...1999-2000 was that time tho word to Rocawear reversible sweatersand PNB Nation.

Remeber when rockin college schools gear was the hype?--especially rockin black schools---cats wearing Howard U and Tuskegee hats and hoodies and never evenfinishing 10th grade
laugh.gif

Damn hockey jerseys need to come back word to Detective Torres and Williams
pimp.gif
.....I miss the 90s yo.

And them racing jackets are still runnin' rampid round here in GA, I gonna lie I had the Tide JH Nascar Jacket back in '99
laugh.gif

In Jersey City, people moved on from those racecar jackets and are now buying Northface Steeptech's. I actually want a Steeptech.

i had those and the ever nutty ICEBERG knits. after i saw my self in a few pics, i went back to POLO.
laugh.gif

It sad living the south because a lot of those things you guys are posting dudes are still rocking.
tired.gif

Dudes talking bout they never followed these trends back in the day, yall must have been some lames.

I was rocking them 4xl footlocker White tall tee's with the sticker still on em for days. That was the hood outfit. white tee, jeans, and white air forces.We thought we was doin it. I never rocked them pink tee's though.

I never had them gucci forces, race jackets, or any of that other stuff though, they werent my thing.

Some folks are still rocking them race car jackets down here in Atlanta
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Dudes talking bout they never followed these trends back in the day, yall must have been some lames.
Exactly, I didn't follow a lot of those trends in here to be honest. But to say you atleast didn't rock fubu or southpole is down rightcrazy.

lmao.. when i was like 10 i was at the mall with my brother and i saw this hat. I pick it up and put it on and go does this G stand for Gangster, he said iscreamed it. I don't think I did.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Exactly, I didn't follow a lot of those trends in here to be honest. But to say you atleast didn't rock fubu or southpole is down right crazy.

idk about yall but im from brooklyn and southpole was never dope

With all this going on..remember the Harlem (uptown) Shake lol

That G-Dep video is still hot

I always wanted the race car jacket..everybody had those tees (not pink)..

But everything else I didn't have

People would stay in the muslim store gettin a "free size" down 2 ya ankles...I thought that was corny

Originally Posted by QuestLife

Exactly, I didn't follow a lot of those trends in here to be honest. But to say you atleast didn't rock fubu or southpole is down right crazy.

idk about yall but im from brooklyn and southpole was never dope
so-sign. SouthPole was always garbage. Fubu is another story obviously.

Dog, I was all over the Negro League fitteds in like 90. Which is what this is. Minus the weak pinstripes.

Been fresh. Catch up.......

It sad living the south because a lot of those things you guys are posting dudes are still rocking.
tired.gif
for real , ppl still rock those jackets when it cools down, tall tees, super long tees,
here ppl rock the iced out sponge bob/homer simpson/ Pillsbury dough boy etc. and OF COURSE anything syzzurp related

i know right,NT is full of the "oh heeeelllll nah i never rocked that
grin.gif
" when you know yall did atleast one of these things,

how about the sweat shorts, the cargo ones, those were huuuuge in miami like 01-03 and the pants too, more the shorts,
it was like 90 degrees outside n dudes be rocking the pants, sweatn liek crazy
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom