WHO SHOULD YOU LOVE MORE...YOUR SPOUSE OR YOUR CHILDREN??? CAN GO EITHER WAY

The usual answer is your children because they are a part of you. But there are some interesting arguments for the spouse. I used to unanimously say children (I do have kids), but now I can't really answer either way. What do you guys personally think?

It should be your kids without a doubt no questions asked and if ur spouse disagrees then she's being selfish

This is actually a really good question.

I'm gonna have to say my kids though. How can I love my wife more than someone who I was responsible for conceiving, teaching, protecting, feeding, nurturing, guiding, etc, etc, etc?

Spouse has the potential to stop loving you and make your life miserable. Your children will always love you and would never hurt you with the type of animus a spouse would.

Thanks for responding in a mature manner guys. Come to think of it, I love my spouse more. My children will always be a part of me sure, and I love them unconditionally, but there is no other choice but for me to do so. My children will soon grow up to create families of their own, and hopefully my wife will still be there as my companion as we get up in age. My spouse ideally will be the one who rides with me until the sun sets for the last time in my life. Heck my spouse was the one who co-created the lil ones. My spouse is the ONLY one with whom I am allow to share intimate sexual moments with and it's sanctioned by the laws of the land, and divine laws (if you are spiritual). My spouse is my co-creator, friend, companion, my lover, and my confidante. My children are the evolution of my bloodline. Dang, already I'm flip-flopping 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by suge67

Spouse has the potential to stop loving you and make your life miserable. Your children will always love you and would never hurt you with the type of animus a spouse would.
No. They are human. Any human can stop loving any other human. No such thing as unconditional love. But I would say it will probably take more for a kid to stop loving you compared to a spouse. Well not really stop loving you but stop wanting to deal with you. A spouse is more likely to be like forget you.
But to answer the OP, I don't know why do you have to pick? 

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

I would expect you to love them the same amount but in different ways. If that makes sense.
So that means you don't love them the same amount. You love one as a wife, you love one as a child. That can't possibly be the same amount. Nice PC answer though. 
laugh.gif

I would expect you to love them the same amount but in different ways. If that makes sense.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

No. They are human. Any human can stop loving any other human. No such thing as unconditional love. But I would say it will probably take more for a kid to stop loving you compared to a spouse. Well not really stop loving you but stop wanting to deal with you. A spouse is more likely to be like forget you.

I actually agree with you, I said there is no other choice but for me to love my children, but actually I do have a choice, and I choose to love them. 

You don't necessarily have to choose, just a question.

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

So that means you don't love them the same amount. You love one as a wife, you love one as a child. That can't possibly be the same amount. Nice PC answer though. 
laugh.gif
If that's the case, then I guess you go with the children. You provide for them, they are a byproduct of you.

you should love them both unconditionally, they are your family, your spouse is a part of your children and vise-versa, the thought that you can depart from your spouse is irrelevant because you can be a $%@%%@ up father enough to leave your kids aswell.

If both my wife and my kid were drowning, and I could only save one...I would save my kid without a doubt.

I would expect my wife to make the same decision.

I love the wifey with all my heart, always will, but once we have a kid, everything I do will be for the well being of my kid. EVERYTHING.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

you should love them both unconditionally, they are your family, your spouse is a part of your children and vise-versa, the thought that you can depart from your spouse is irrelevant because you can be a $%@%%@ up father enough to leave your kids aswell.
Says who Mr. Perfect? You don't love your wife unconditionally. If she were to have an affair with Calvin Johnson I bet you wouldn't be screaming that unconditional talk. Everything isn't a fairy tale my man. 

2 different types of love tho.

You love your family. Mother, father, brothers, children.
You love your wife because you are in love with her. 

I don't think you should compare the 2.  You can get a divorce and say you hate that gold digging skeez one day.  You can't do that to your kids.

It's not really a good debate in my opinion just be glad you have a wife and kids because some people don't or have lost them.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

2 different types of love tho.

You love your family. Mother, father, brothers, children.
You love your wife because you are in love with her. 

I don't think you should compare the 2.  You can get a divorce and say you hate that gold digging skeez one day.  You can't do that to your kids.

It's not really a good debate in my opinion just be glad you have a wife and kids because some people don't or have lost them.

I am not understanding this. Why can't you do that? Kid runs up your credit card bill, causes your family hard economic times. Knuckle-Head, In and out of jail. Realistic situation. Steals from you again, you can walk out on that kid and not mess with them anymore. Now I don't believe love can just be wiped out that instantly but you can easily be in a position to walk out of a kid the same way you will end up walking out on a spouse.
They are all human beings. Nobody is immune to getting shut out/down. So yes you can do that to your kids.

Agreed. Only unconditional love I can think of is if I ever have a kid. The little man could grow up to be a degenerate, a serial killer, even attempt to kill me or family, and there will still be love in my heart for the little bastard. *knocks on wood*

No man, it doesn't exist period. There will ALWAYS be some conditional situation that will cause you to exit out of someone's life. Everyone has a tipping point. There is no such thing as unconditional human love. That is television talk.

"Maybe DC wasn't hugged enough as a child" - Kobe

Sorry but I just don't like fairy tale talk. That is all man. That term always bothered me because humans are so hot and cold so for you to say that you will ALWAYS love someone and there is NOTHING they can do for you to turn your back on them is just a big faced lie. It really isn't about me and how much love I got/didn't get it is just the truth. Sorry for not having Blood Type: Stee

if my wife was to cheat, i wont automatically stop loving her, im not a damb robot with a love on/off switch, are you?....right now i feel that love is unconditional, an affair can test that love, but it hasnt happened and im not breaking my head thinking if it could happen, so YES MY LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL...if we are to base the term on things that "could" happen that would challenge that unconditional love, then i can also say of your kids decided to kill off your whole family for whatever reason, that love might not be as unconditional as you thought, since im dealing with Mr. Extremes.

1. I guess you didn't read when I said that you wouldn't stop loving them at the drop of the dime. You missed that part.

2. How is it extreme talk when I mentioned your wife having an affair? Of course the Calvin Johnson part was thrown in there for you know what reason. 
alien.gif

Again, unconditional means there is NOTHING in this world that would cause you to turn your back on here. That is fairy tale talk. That is not the real world.

My kids > my wife. If someone had a gun to my head and said pick, its my kids. I can always get remarried, but my first born will always be my first born. Same goes with my second son.

Says who Mr. Perfect? You don't love your wife unconditionally. If she were to have an affair with Calvin Johnson I bet you wouldn't be screaming that unconditional talk. Everything isn't a fairy tale my man. 

Agreed. Only unconditional love I can think of is if I ever have a kid. The little man could grow up to be a degenerate, a serial killer, even attempt to kill me or family, and there will still be love in my heart for the little bastard. *knocks on wood* 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MonStar1

No man, it doesn't exist period. There will ALWAYS be some conditional situation that will cause you to exit out of someone's life. Everyone has a tipping point. There is no such thing as unconditional human love. That is television talk.

"Maybe DC wasn't hugged enough as a child" - Kobe

My wife had this convo before and both agreed to save our daughter if the other was drowning, without hesi we both feel the same way

I've reached that tipping point with family/friends before that I dont even talk to anymore. But if things came down to it, I would still kill for them. Why? Because I still have love for them.

if my wife was to cheat, i wont automatically stop loving her, im not a damb robot with a love on/off switch, are you?....
right now i feel that love is unconditional, an affair can test that love, but it hasnt happened and im not breaking my head thinking if it could happen, so YES MY LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL at this point in my life...if we are to base the term on things that "could" happen that would challenge that unconditional love, then i can also say if one of your kids decided to kill off your whole family for whatever reason, that love might not be as unconditional as you thought, since im dealing with Mr. Extremes.

Ive always thought of this, if I had to choose between saving my wife or my child during birth, id choose my wife.....there is no possible way I would automatically have more love for the baby within 9 months of pregnancy than the person i created the baby with and have shared over a decade with....then again thats just hypothetically speaking.

If my wife had a love affair with Calvin Johnson, I'd hit her with the Kanye shrug and be like you moved on up can't even be mad at that.

true story, if my wife cheated, i wont stop loving her....i dont think i ever will, there is a reason why i married her....doesnt mean i wont build up the courage to leave her, but the love will remain....i dont care if you dont believe me DC
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom