WHO WASN'T SEDATED WHEN GETTING WISDOM TEETH TAKEN OUT?

Sup NT,

Gettin my wisdom teeth extracted on Thursday and the place I'm gettin em done at doesn't put you to sleep. Only NO2 and the local anesthetic.

Has anyone gotten this before? How was it?

They're seriously not puttin you out? I'm curious too...
nerd.gif

I made sure they put me out. Watching them with that tray of tools and stuff? Eff that.

i didn't sleep through it. they numb the gums but if you still can feel a little bit then they put in more shots. i remember taking about 10 shots on boththe left and right sides of my gums. i took out all 4 wisdom teeth at the same time.

i was sedated so i dont remember anything but throwing up 7 times within 3 hours the night after

^same. my dentist numbed me up. and when she saw me squinting when she was pulling one of em out she asked if it was hurting. i said yeah and she numbed me upsome more. she did a pretty fast job, didnt hurt that much when it was happening. after the numbing dies down.... then its hell

I only received some shots when I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. Believe it or not, it doesn't hurt much, if at all, when they're actuallygetting pulled. I remember hearing a lot of cracking and crunching, which was kind of gross.

My dentist just numbed my mouth to remove 3 wisdom teeth. It actually wasn't that bad, the pain was very minimal due to the shot. I don't know if Iwould want to be put under for this type of procedure.

they gave me local anesthetics and Nitrous, and i didnt feel a thing cuz i felt like floating off that NO2

Originally Posted by gethyphee

they gave me local anesthetics and Nitrous, and i didnt feel a thing cuz i felt like floating off that NO2
Word. That's what I'm hoping will happen.

As far as putting me to sleep, they said there were too many complications that could come up and it's hella expensive.

I have to get all 4 out as well.
frown.gif

I was knocked out. One of em was impacted so they had to break it up and take it out piece by piece. I still remember the nurse telling me to inhale slowly andbefore I knew it I was knocked out.

My dentist just numbed my mouth to remove 3 wisdom teeth. It actually wasn't that bad, the pain was very minimal due to the shot. I don't know if I would want to be put under for this type of procedure.
same, i got my bottom 2 removed about 2 years back. first they put numbing gel on the areas where they will administer the anesthetic injections. i guess for me that part hurt the most because there wasnt any gel on one of the anesthetic injections, it was just really stinging and burning for about 3 or4 seconds. other than that i didnt feel much when they pulled out the teeth except the force it took for him to yank them out, not really pain though. thatbeing said, i think it depends on how they have to remove the teeth. it was easy for me, but my sister had to have her molars broken, or shattered in hermouth first, then removed. obviously she had to be under general anesthetic.

ugh, if your 3rd molars arent impacted then it shouldnt be to much of an ordeal, if they are, you have my best wishes....especially when you hear the bonecracking sounds of them removing the sections of molar....best wishes to you my man

i wasn't...but it was the two top ones and i think they weren't growing crooked, they just went straight off. my dentist took like 10 minutes tofinish; it didn't hurt at all (of course with the numbing though). took me only like 12 hours to fully recover. i think it depends a lot on how it grows, iknow a lot of ppl that had to be sedated.

damn man good luck i was sedated but its not always gonna be a horrifying expierience i got all 4 of mine out and the next day i was eating solid foods justmake sure u elevate your head at night when you sleep so it doesnt swell up. The 2-3 day yoru swollen but it gradually goes down but as for my 2 cents it wasntthat bad

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, During A Root Canal They Had To Inject Directly Into The NERVE Thru The Cavity In My Tooth. I Saw The Light At The End Of The Tunnel, NDEStylie. lol

I have a cavity on my wisdom tooth, dont ask me how but i do, so they are going to pull the tooth i need to get it done soon, but I hate going to the dentist,I get restless in the chair

I had two of them taken out, both impacted. I just had the shot, but both the roots of my teeth were wrapped around a nerve... so I felt everything x10.
smh.gif

After I got mine pulled, they told me not to eat after but I did anyways. haha but yeah, my dentist numbed me with like 2-3 shots each side. For me, after thebottoms got pulled, it hurt like hell. After my top ones got pulled I barely felt it afterwards. It was interesting.

the shot hurt more than them pulling the teeth. it's weird cause you feel your head moving from them trying to jerk the tooth out. They prescribed me somevicodins tho
pimp.gif
I was right off of those.

Back
Top Bottom