Who will sell more Wale or J.Cole? and was Big sean debut a fail?

I don't understand what that means, easier on the ears? Like more radio friendly musically?

I saw that in Wale in his first two mixtapes cuz his sound was fresh but now he's copied the already accepted sound which he displayed on his album and everything he's done since signing with Ross.

I don't understand what that means, easier on the ears? Like more radio friendly musically?

I saw that in Wale in his first two mixtapes cuz his sound was fresh but now he's copied the already accepted sound which he displayed on his album and everything he's done since signing with Ross.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

2nd) You cant predict Wale's sales off the MMG album, simply because compilation albums never sell well, no matter who's the headliner.  Wale has a pretty large following as of now depending on his single I predict between 80K - 100K first week
The Re-Up opened with 300k and went plat..

2nd) You cant predict Wale's sales off the MMG album, simply because compilation albums never sell well, no matter who's the headliner.  Wale has a pretty large following as of now depending on his single I predict between 80K - 100K first week
The Re-Up opened with 300k and went plat..

When I think of easy on the ears I think of girls being able to enjoy listening and reciting your lyrics or non hardcore rap fans being able to give short rap quotes from dope songs...outside of "Look Ma No hands"...wale just has verses full of syllables n drawn out raps that u be praying to end already if u a casual fan

I think Cole is way ahead of him in that regard...far as Sean goes he straddles the line of funny witty and annoying or corny in just bout ery verse so I can't really call it on him but wud prolly give him the edge too But wale is a better "rapper" imo

When I think of easy on the ears I think of girls being able to enjoy listening and reciting your lyrics or non hardcore rap fans being able to give short rap quotes from dope songs...outside of "Look Ma No hands"...wale just has verses full of syllables n drawn out raps that u be praying to end already if u a casual fan

I think Cole is way ahead of him in that regard...far as Sean goes he straddles the line of funny witty and annoying or corny in just bout ery verse so I can't really call it on him but wud prolly give him the edge too But wale is a better "rapper" imo

cole just bores me... his flow... lack of energy... everything...

i aint a huge wale fan but i feel as an overall artist he's lightyears ahead of j cole who is too much of a "rapper" imo...

his +%!# just boring and bland sounding... basic hip hop

cole just bores me... his flow... lack of energy... everything...

i aint a huge wale fan but i feel as an overall artist he's lightyears ahead of j cole who is too much of a "rapper" imo...

his +%!# just boring and bland sounding... basic hip hop

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

my last is not a summer smash
laugh.gif

that !%%$ dont get THAT much radio play...
not sure if serious...i had to turn off hot 97 in da whip cuz apparently thats da only song know how to play....

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

my last is not a summer smash
laugh.gif

that !%%$ dont get THAT much radio play...
not sure if serious...i had to turn off hot 97 in da whip cuz apparently thats da only song know how to play....

ninjahood is right, thats all i hear when i turn the radio on. its the worst song on the whole finally famous album but it does the job as far as a radio hit

ninjahood is right, thats all i hear when i turn the radio on. its the worst song on the whole finally famous album but it does the job as far as a radio hit

I don't know how ya'll praise Big Sean, he has witty bars every now and then, but the amount of pure corniness he spits within every song is just to much for me. Son is a rapper for kids, I dont know how anybody over 20 can take his music seriously.

I don't know how ya'll praise Big Sean, he has witty bars every now and then, but the amount of pure corniness he spits within every song is just to much for me. Son is a rapper for kids, I dont know how anybody over 20 can take his music seriously.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Ya'll bammas live under a rock I swear.
1st) I think Big Sean is by FAR the weakest of the three, but his first week numbers are relatively solid in today's industry. I honestly didnt expect him to sell that much

QFT!!!!

laugh.gif
eek.gif

1st) I think Big Sean is by FAR the weakest of the three, but his first week numbers are relatively solid in today's industry. I honestly didnt expect him to sell that much

QFT!!!!

laugh.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by carbon16

QFT!!!!

laugh.gif
eek.gif
I wonder if he wrote that one before or after "Nut Bust".

Originally Posted by carbon16

QFT!!!!

laugh.gif
eek.gif
I wonder if he wrote that one before or after "Nut Bust".

I think right now both Cole and wale are in the same boat. Wale got a good look with no hands and the whole mmg signing but really I haven't heard too many people that are fans of him, Cole on the other hand needs a radio hit desperately, all these casual rap fans don't want to hear him try and go super deep on a track. They want to hear something they can vibe to hence why in the morning was huge. Wale should look to make that destiny joint with drizzy into a single and Cole should look to a couple more producers and maybe some more features. I applaud cole for trying to stay in his own lane but right now he needs a hit bad.

As for Sean, I didn't know 80+ was a failure? His sales will spike when he drops that Marvin Gaye joint as a single and releases the video for it cause I know alot of people who are feeling that song.

I think right now both Cole and wale are in the same boat. Wale got a good look with no hands and the whole mmg signing but really I haven't heard too many people that are fans of him, Cole on the other hand needs a radio hit desperately, all these casual rap fans don't want to hear him try and go super deep on a track. They want to hear something they can vibe to hence why in the morning was huge. Wale should look to make that destiny joint with drizzy into a single and Cole should look to a couple more producers and maybe some more features. I applaud cole for trying to stay in his own lane but right now he needs a hit bad.

As for Sean, I didn't know 80+ was a failure? His sales will spike when he drops that Marvin Gaye joint as a single and releases the video for it cause I know alot of people who are feeling that song.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Seriously? Easier on the ears just means their flow/delivery is kinda smooth, rather than being irritating as hell, like J.Cole and Big Sean are a lot.
When you sound like you're constantly yelling into the mic, that's not a good thing. It's funny though, cause a lot of these new rappers out ARE copying
each other with that yelling/screaming flow, Cole, Sean, Drake, Meek Mil, etc, etc. Is anybody original?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Seriously? Easier on the ears just means their flow/delivery is kinda smooth, rather than being irritating as hell, like J.Cole and Big Sean are a lot.
When you sound like you're constantly yelling into the mic, that's not a good thing. It's funny though, cause a lot of these new rappers out ARE copying
each other with that yelling/screaming flow, Cole, Sean, Drake, Meek Mil, etc, etc. Is anybody original?

Back
Top Bottom