WHO WORKS FOR COMCAST???? VOL. might be the start of a life hack thread.....

bill super high
Pay like 250/month
For internet/phone/cable
I have all HD and starz and hbo
But no Cinemax and showtime
Plan to call tomorrow to “cancel”
Anyone work there
And know any key words
I can use when I call the cancellation dept.
To get a REAL good deal
Without losing any of my services
:nerd: :nerd: basically a life hack

It's not a scam that's basically what I pay for also but no HBO or showtime and pay $214 and get the 400 mbps internet.. you basically get what you pay for

It's not a scam that's basically what I pay for also but no HBO or showtime and pay $214 and get the 400 mbps internet.. you basically get what you pay for
Yeah but I know there’s gotta be some way
To come up
I stay getting credits on my cell phone from att for threatening to leave every few months
Plus last time got $75 credit
Plus free otterbox cases for the fam last feb
When I threatened to leave att

bill super high
Pay like 250/month
For internet/phone/cable
Anyone work there
And know any key words
To get a REAL good deal

I dont Have comscast but i have Att cable + WiFi and standard package (no movie channels ) was like $160 (100 cable and $60 internet)

I told Them I’m cutting the chord (cable companies biggest fear) and they know they can’t match the price but end up cutting my bill to $80 a month permanently no increase

I just use my “jailbroke” firestick with terrarium tv for movies / series , look into that also.

cut off cable/phone?

check other isps (you get sonic?)
Nah I have a house phone for my kids.
Plus fun fact
During a power outage
If u still have a phone with the long cord
Not the cordless
But the old school one
It will still work during blackouts
so u can make calls on it

bill super high
Pay like 250/month
For internet/phone/cable
Anyone work there
And know any key words
To get a REAL good deal
Paying the same price but without HBO and phone , i also have 3 boxes

price also depends on how many boxes (and what type i believe), and if you lease the modem.

I have 3 x1 boxes, and lease the modem with comcast (all premium channels) @ $200/month.

I’m gonna tell you what I tell my mother. If you have Comcast, you’re bill is just like everyone else’s... HIGH AS ****. There’s no one out there with Comcast that’s happy with what they pay, it’s ejther keep your packages and keep paying that price of try and move to another company and get deal for the first year or two but trust me after those 12-24 months are up, direct tv and all that aren’t too far off from Comcast and even worse.

My girl works for Comcast, if you live in an area that is basically dominated by Comcast, you're SOL and stuck with those high prices. We have at&t in my area also, but it's no where near as fast as Comcast internet wise. There's zero competition out there.

$250/month for internet, phone and cable??? :sick:
How much would that be without the phone cost and what kind of internet speed?
One common trend I have noticed throughout years of conversations with many Americans, it's that everybody hates Comcast. A lot.

My bill is $350. I tried to downgrade my package (getting rid of all the movie ****) and when they told me my new bill would only be $10 less I laughed and hung up. Trapped in da game.

They might give you free Skinemax for 3 months. That's about it. It's hard to cut the bill down.

$250/month for internet, phone and cable??? :sick:
How much would that be without the phone cost and what kind of internet speed?
One common trend I have noticed throughout years of conversations with many Americans, it's that everybody hates Comcast. A lot.

They hate it because it’s expensive :lol: there’s a reason why so many people hate it because a lot have it and in a way forced to pay the high price.

I have direct tv/att now and its trash. Internet sucks

I had one of the higher tiers of Comcast internet. Maybe that’s why I can’t cop **** online anymore :smh: :lol:

I think internet through comcast (with your own modem) and directTV streaming is the way to go, if you are looking for the best deal.

You should look into cutting channels you don't watch. Basically downgrade your package since channels are bundled up.
Cut premium channels all together if you're only watching a few shows. just get the app and login with your cable password
Get rid of the phone unless you need a landline.
BUY AND SET UP YOUR OWN INTERNET ROUTER/MODEM and give them back their equipment.
Unless you're a gamer, heavy downloader/streamer, downgrade your internet mbps.

May or may not work, they get you with these "bundles" where you pay more for the services you actually want as opposed to having a bunch of crap you don't watch or use.

I pay $130 for cable and internet. No premium channels and I own my modem. I went to a local office with their equipment to get this price.

I would just rock with internet and that's it. You should be able to find all the content you need on the web.

They hate it because it’s expensive :lol: there’s a reason why so many people hate it because a lot have it and in a way forced to pay the high price.

I have direct tv/att now and its trash. Internet sucks

I had one of the higher tiers of Comcast internet. Maybe that’s why I can’t cop **** online anymore :smh: :lol:
We have a similar monopoly problem here but without the outrageous costs.

I pay around €74/month for internet and cable, though I don't have any paid channels. My internet speed used to be 8mb/s download and 5 mb/s upload but I now have 200mb/s download and 50mb/s upload under my current package. It's cheaper than it would normally be as my ISP doubled my speeds a while ago as part of a free loyalty bonus.
There's really only 2 viable ISP's here so we have a big monopoly problem as well but they're not overly expensive. My ISP is Telenet which is actually an American company and they can offer higher speeds due to having far more infrastructure, which lets them dominate the market. They also dominate the cable provider market though that's more due to incompetence from its competitor. The other main ISP's (Proximus) internet to cost ratio is terrible but they dominate the phone/mobile market on the other hand.
I live in the middle of nowhere in a small rural town for example and have had fibre-optic cable for years.
The ISP's are generally both available in every location but it's mainly the infrastructure advantage that causes the monopoly. Proximus can't get anywhere near the speeds of Telenet. And small ISP's struggle to compete at all. They're not even available where I live.

Not sure if this works still, but a few years ago one of my homies worked for them and told call customer service and say "I'd like to take advantage of the retention offer that somebody called me about yesterday".
Got 40% off my bill but had to sign a 2 year contract.

they are all crooks and are overpriced it doesnt matter what service you go with... we got optimum at the crib and the bill is stupid high... and the crazy thing is we got the most basic internet speed too...

Not sure if this works still, but a few years ago one of my homies worked for them and told call customer service and say "I'd like to take advantage of the retention offer that somebody called me about yesterday".
Got 40% off my bill but had to sign a 2 year contract.

Don’t think that works anymore

They usually can give you a very small discount or free HBO but now if you wanna cancel they let you cancel

2 years up with direct tv and I wanna go back to Comcast :lol: I’m sure I can get locked in with a good price for the first year or two but after that bill probably gonna be higher than it’s ever been

i have Comcast. only thing I pay for is internet. I also have the firestick. what I do is just piggyback off family using my firestick for all cable channels like ESPN, fox sports, TNT, NBC sports etc. one time payment for the stick and 60.00 a month for internet and I am good to go. I don't watch TV shows really unless it's on Netflix though.

Back
Top Bottom