Whole site is super slow?

Whole site has been acting up for like a week now, average time my browser takes to load the front page is around 7 minutes.

Opening one thread from "Alerts" menu takes a few minutes more. Tried to run Google Chrome's Lighthouse report on the site, but even that crashes.

Is this only on my end, or is anyone else experiencing issues like this?

The last week or so mobile has been very slow for me and freezing up. A couple others in the NBA thread said they've been dealing with the same issue as well.

What device are you using to visit the site when it's "freezing up" and how many other tabs/apps do you have open?

Does the site perform better in a thread like this, with no posts containing third-party embedded content?

What device are you using to visit the site when it's "freezing up" and how many other tabs/apps do you have open?

Does the site perform better in a thread like this, with no posts containing third-party embedded content?

I’m on an iPhone 15 max pro, no other tabs open. Seems like it does load better without 3rd party content

I’m on an iPhone 15 max pro, no other tabs open. Seems like it does load better without 3rd party content

There are many different reasons that pages can perform slowly, but one that neither we nor users have much control over is the performance of third-party content.

If there are a lot of embedded social media posts on a page, performance can be impacted by the time required to fetch that content from its host. A good next step here might be to check a page like this where there are lots of pictures hosted by NikeTalk, but no embedded social media posts.

Obviously it won't be as fast as a thread like this (with relatively few, text only posts), but it will give you a better idea of what, specifically, is bogging down page loads for you.

Noticed it maybe in the past 48 hours or so. Don't believe it's on my end as other websites have been loading text/media fine. It wasn't like this last week so i'm wondering if folks are experiencing similar slowdowns?

FWIW - I mostly stay in "General" and "S&T"

There are many different reasons that pages can perform slowly, but one that neither we nor users have much control over is the performance of third-party content.

If there are a lot of embedded social media posts on a page, performance can be impacted by the time required to fetch that content from its host. A good next step here might be to check a page like this where there are lots of pictures hosted by NikeTalk, but no embedded social media posts.

Obviously it won't be as fast as a thread like this (with relatively few, text only posts), but it will give you a better idea of what, specifically, is bogging down page loads for you.

after paying attention more I’m even having trouble loading the forums

Back
Top Bottom